PDA

View Full Version : Blades/Broncos Tonight

Scout
01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping the Broncos don't take the Blades to lightly tonight. They play their best hockey at home and are gaining momentum on the road. Came back from a 4-1 deficit against Regina and lost in overtime. The night before they lost to Moose Jaw in i believe a shoot out. These teams that have nothing to loose are the scariest. The Blades are playing alot better now and are 4-4-1-1 in their last 10 against some of the top teams in the league. The Broncos are also playing some of their best hockey as of late going 7-3-0-0 over their last 10. Should be a good tilt and if Holtby is on his game it could be scarey.

Scout

hobster
01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
You making the treck down too Stoon Big Ern in this cold weather ?

Speedy Broncs
01-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Wondering if/when Guggenberger starts his second game for the Broncs? With home/home over 2 nights with the Blades, I'm thinking it may be one of these 2 games.

Any word on the # of seats sold to date for the "pack the plex" promotion? Website has not changed totals for some time.

Scout
01-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm guessing he will start in one of the games but who knows as we are trying to catch Brandon and Moose Jaw. They are 5 points ahead of us for second and these next four games are crucial for us.

Scout

Big Ern
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
You making the treck down too Stoon Big Ern in this cold weather ?

It's tempting. If someone jumps up to go with me, I'll probably go. The situation is ideal...I'm not working today. So I don't know about tonight. At the same time, it's a Tuesday today, close to -40 out there, and the earliest I could arrive home would perhaps be 1 AM...with a workday coming up tomorrow. We play the Blades enough in the next week...I think I'll stay home and go on Saturday. See you then!

But this Saturday I'm making the trip for sure.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Oh, and the Stars also play Vancouver tonight, so for a while, I'll be watching two games at once. GO DALLAS GO! :)

Scout
01-29-2008, 04:03 PM
"Game Notes" provides an inside look at the latest in team happenings, injuries, trades, hot streaks, the opposition and promotions. "Game Notes" changes with every home game! Find related items in Statistics.

Game 52 @ Saskatoon
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Broncos and the Saskatoon Blades matchup tonight for the 4th time this season and the 1st of 4 meetings over the next 8 days…The Broncos hold a 2-1 series edge thus far this season…The Broncos won game two 4-1 on Nov. 18th and game three 5-2 on Jan. 5th, while the Blades took game one in the shootout by a score of 4-3 on Nov. 10th

TONIGHT’S GAME: The Broncos and the Saskatoon Blades matchup tonight for the 4th time this season and the 1st of 4 meetings over the next 8 days…The Broncos hold a 2-1 series edge thus far this season…The Broncos won game two 4-1 on Nov. 18th and game three 5-2 on Jan. 5th, while the Blades took game one in the shootout by a score of 4-3 on Nov. 10th…Against the Blades this season Dale Weise (4 G, 1 A) and Eric Doyle (3 G, 2 A) both have 5 points, while David Stieler (2 G, 2 A) and Levi Nelson (0 G, 4 A) both have 4 points…Travis Yonkman has an .929 SV% and a 1.95 GAA versus Saskatoon…The Broncos sit in 4th place in the East Division, 5 points behind the Brandon Wheat Kings and the Moose Jaw Warriors and 14 points behind the Regina Pats…Next action for the Club is tomorrow night when the Blades travel to Swift Current.

LAST GAME: The Broncos moved their winning streak to 3 games on Saturday night with a 3-2 shootout victory over the Regina Pats…Swift Current received regulation goals from Matt Tassone and Geordie Wudrick and shootout goals from Tassone and Dale Weise to win for the 2nd time in 7 shootouts this season…Goaltender Travis Yonkman picked up his 20th win in net stopping 27 of 29 shots and 2 of 3 shooters in the shootout...The Broncos finished 0 for 5 on the man advantage, while the Pats also went 0 for 5…The victory keeps the Broncos 5 points behind Brandon and Moose Jaw for 7th place in the Eastern Conference.

NUMBERS: Captain Zack Smith (18 G, 32 A) continues to lead the Broncos in the points department with 50…Matt Tassone has picked up 6 points in his last 3 games (3 G, 3 A). He now has 13 goals and 13 assists in 46 games played…Geordie Wudrick is on a 5 game point streak, recording 4 goals and an assist over that period…Bretton Stamler saw this 4 game point streak come to an end Saturday night against the Pats…Michael Wilson has 39 points (4 G, 35 A) this season and is tied for 4th in the point race among WHL defensemen and is tied for 13th in assists among WHL skaters…Justin Dowling is the Broncos leading rookie in the points department. He has 6 goals and 11 assists so far this season…Dale Weise has recorded 24 goals this season, 10 of them coming on the power play. He currently sits tied for 11th among WHL skaters for goals and power play goals…Eric Doyle has 9 goals and 31 assists on the season and is 3rd in points and is tied for 5th in goals amongst WHL defensemen…Levi Nelson has recorded 16 goals and 28 assists for good 44 points in 46 games played this season…The Broncos are an impressive 19-1-0-2 when leading after 40 minutes of play, 16-3-0-1 when leading after the 1st period and 19-5-0-3 when they score first.

MILESTONES: Zack Smith played his 200th WHL game Saturday night against the Pats… Dale Weise recorded his 100th career point January 22nd in Moose Jaw , while Geordie Wudrick tallied his 50th career point Saturday night against the Pats.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power play is 16th in the WHL and is currently operating at 17.8%…The team has scored 51 power play goals on 286 attempts…David Stieler and Dale Weise have 10 power play goals apiece to lead the Broncos, while Eric Doyle has 17 power play assists…On the penalty kill, the Broncos are tied for 15th in the WHL with an 81.3% efficiency rating.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 23 players (2 goaltenders, 8 defensemen, 13 forwards)…The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 8 – 19 year old players, 5 – 18 year old players, 4 – 17 year old players, and 3 – 16 year old players…By location, the Broncos have 4 Saskatchewan born players, 10 Alberta born players, 3 British Columbia born players, 2 Manitoba born players, 2 players from the Czech Republic, and 2 American players…The Broncos average age is 18.2 while their average height is 6’0.5” and weight 188.9 lbs.

INJURIES: Derek Claffey will miss tonight’s game due to a shoulder injury.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Levi Nelson (Boston ‘06)…Jesse Dudas ( Columbus ’06)

hobster
01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
It's tempting. If someone jumps up to go with me, I'll probably go. The situation is ideal...I'm not working today. So I don't know about tonight. At the same time, it's a Tuesday today, close to -40 out there, and the earliest I could arrive home would perhaps be 1 AM...with a workday coming up tomorrow. We play the Blades enough in the next week...I think I'll stay home and go on Saturday. See you then!

But this Saturday I'm making the trip for sure.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Oh, and the Stars also play Vancouver tonight, so for a while, I'll be watching two games at once. GO DALLAS GO! :)
Go Canucks Go, i need them on a sports select haha