PDA

View Full Version : Craig Schira

Tadaa
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Just thought I'd post and see how Craig Schira has been doing wearing a Giants uniform?

old_time_hockey
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
He's a big body and a +9. Can't complain about that. In the begining he had a few nights where you would roll your eyes at some things he did. I think once he got to know his teammates and the team systems, he has been a welcome addition.

When Blum was away at the WJHC he was asked to play more and did well.

Section_Z
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
He gets caught flatfooted sometimes when he's up against a fast skater on the rush, but I've been impressed in general. Good set up passes, and a couple of goals to chip in. As OTH said a +9 as well =A good solid D man in the line up.

dondo
02-06-2008, 06:03 PM
curiously the two teams we are having the most trouble with this season, namely the Ams and the Chiefs are probably two of the fastest teams in the league. If the Giants have a weakness it might be getting caught flat-footed up in the play. Schira has decent foot-speed, but lacks a bit in the mobility dept imo.

However that said he has stepped up his game and grown hugely since coming here, maybe it was just getting used to the systems an being given more of opportunity to shine with big minutes and challenging situations.