PDA

View Full Version : Blades 6 Pats 2

patsdude114
02-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Well what can i say about this game for a positive on the Pats.... ummmmm....ummmmm...ummmmmmm oh right there sure isnt much to say.

Right from the start of the game you could tell the Pats werent in the game, they didnt show up to the rink to play hockey. They were more worried about 1 player on the Blades roster and that was Reich. Yes there were a couple marginal calls that prob could of went uncalled, but for the most part we did deserve id say 95% of the calls against us. The most phantom call of the night though in my mind was a kneeing call on Bartley in the 1st period, Bartley goes for the hit along the boards the Blades guy slows up to try and make Bartley miss altogether Bartley gets a small peice of him along the bench yes knees did collide but it was no means a kneeing penalty.

Reich gets a 10 min misconduct before the National Anthem, wow I have watched alot of hockey and i have never seen anything like that before. Right then i knew we were in for a terrible reffed game by Zalaski. I mean come on the ref could of easily told Reich just to get to his bench, but no Zalaski has to flex his stripes and give his 1st phantom call of the night. Good job Zalaski....

Another fight night at the Brandt Center between the Blades and Pats. Highlighted with Rowat and Holtby squaring off in the neutral zone.

So the Pats scored 2 goals on the PP but the PP was pretty invisible all night. Our PK couldnt kill off the 5-4s but put us 2 men short and we did a really good job... doesnt really make sence but thats hockey. Saskatoon had alot of puck luck tonight 1st 3 goals were all very nice bounces infavour of the Blades. Eberle hits post very early in 1st, Eberle robbed on a partial breakaway with Holtby's glove hand, another post in the 2nd period (cant remember who shot it but for some reason Watt comes to mind).

It is funny how some teams just have certain teams number this season.... the Blades definately have the Pats number this season. You look at the standings and you would think it would be a cake walk, but that is why the games are played on the ice i guess and not by the numbers.

I dont even wanna comment on all the fights tonight, all im going to say about them was it made the game entertaining from a Pats fans perspective. Considering the on ice product of the Pats was brutal to say the least. I heard tons of people blaming the ref all night as to why the Pats lost this game, but come on people we had out PP chances as well and we struggled at best to gain even some momentum on the PP. I hate it how people always wanna blame the ref for a loss, plus it is our 1st loss in regulation since the trade deadline, we were bound to loose sooner or later give it a rest already. You win as a team and you loose as a team, you dont make excuses and blame the ref or 1 individual on your team. The game is full of bounces you either make the most with the bounces you get and win a game or you dont plain and simple. Tonight wasnt our night against the Blades again oh well it happens.

Get back at it tomorrow night and redeem yourselves.

CJSenterprise4
02-02-2008, 12:44 AM
only about 10% deserved. bartley didn't deserve any of the 3 of his penalties. Reich didn't need that 1st one...Klotz penalty for a bump after the whistle was terrible. Bender penalty was not a penalty and the Blades sure found their Diving skills tonight... Must like to watch tapes of Mike Ribiero with the Habs. The Pats played brutal and the Glove save on Eberle was the game changer...should have been 4-2 right there and it was Delahey that hit the crossbar i am pretty sure. Blades ran Eberle 3 times tonight which was real classy. The Pats didn't run Gillies or Hulak all night.

Dogstink
02-02-2008, 06:45 AM
There's true "hitting from behind", as in drilling someone in the back, face-first into the boards... and then there's the false "hitting from behind" as in your taking someone out along the boards and the last instant the turn their head and face the boards and then fall down like they've had several vertabrae crushed and are crippled for life. This Zalaski ref dosen't seem to differentiate between the two, and the Blades have the dramatics of the false version mastered. I thought Watt was truly hit from behind, and was genuinely shaken up on that particular play, but the rest were pure bunk, especially Kraus on Gillies.

Still the Blades won and the Pats lost. I'm sure all 2,000 Blades fans are dancing in the streets with this victory.

hobster
02-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Patsdude114 sums up the game right all the time, he is the furthest thing from a homer fan ever, and i like that he see's things both ways like most fans should. Not to sure if some of you know this or not, but i heard in the third period there was a fan pouring his beer on ike Reich's head and got kicked out .

JDubb
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Patsdude114 sums up the game right all the time, he is the furthest thing from a homer fan ever, and i like that he see's things both ways like most fans should. Not to sure if some of you know this or not, but i heard in the third period there was a fan pouring his beer on ike Reich's head and got kicked out .

Yes, that was brutal. I was on the other side of the rink, and I thought it may have been popcorn, but found out later it was beer. There is no need for that. I think it was actually closer to Klotz, but was caused by Reich getting a 10 minute misconduct and the guy calling Reich on.

Patsdude114 did do a pretty good summary. I find blaming the refs to be a copout and questionable calls typically do go both ways. Blaming the refs always reminds me of Riders fans cuz they never lose a game without it being the refs fault.

patsdude114
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I must say i KINDA tip my hat to Zalaski, I am sure the WHL head of reffering had a short phone call with Zalaski before the game. Hopeing that some how some way he could prevent another line brawl between these two teams.... Yes there were questionable calls in this game Klotz, Reich and Benders all come to mind. We get these calls night in and night out, these refs are only amateurs trying to get noticed by a higher league (be it the NHL or AHL) some will never get a chance to move up due to inconsistency. All the coaches and players want out there is come consistency between calls.

I know it was very classless by that fan throwing his beer at the Blades bench, but you also have to admit alittle this is what we are missing in games now a days. Now with that said im not saying see this night in and night out, but remember back in the day how you would see visiting teams and the home fans jawing all night. We dont get this anymore in games, heck the coaches hardly get into it anymore with yelling back and forth. There is too much emphasis on these fines and coaches suspensions. Coaches used to blow up usually once a month, now your lucky to see a coach blow up in 2 years. All because of these fines and suspensions....

Oh and the stupidest rule in the WHL (outside of the instigator penalty) is the coaches getting suspended by the WHL for multiple fights. This is not the coaches fault at all. Emotions take over in a game we are dealing with young kids on the ice, and with the frustration of 1 team last night i knew this was bound to happen, i just didnt think it was going to take until 1:04 left in the game.

So tonight Molleken said it the best in the LeaderPost today...... That Curtis and I (Molleken) will be sitting at home on the internet watching our teams and eating popcorn.

I wonder what kind of fines will be handed out this time from the HIGH AND MIGHTY WHL. Did anyone hear if Mr. Parker had a blow up during or after this game???? from where i sit i get a greta view of his press box i seen him in his box in the 1st period (it sure looked like him anyways) then midway through the 2nd he was no longer in the box??? maybe he was in his office signing a cheque for the league by the then... lol

Fight Guy
02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I never noticed him all game in his box. Figured he just didn't come to this game to save himself the money...and it was probably a good idea if that was the case...lol.

I keep hearing about a brawl in the stands? Where was this? After the game above 116, some people I went to school with were yapping and ready to fight some other guys the same age in the same position as themselves. But nothing happened there...lol.

Like you said, it was a fun as hell game. Old time hockey! Takes you back to when Regina and Moose Jaw would play and every game was like this one!

patsdude114
02-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Ya i miss the old time hockey... but in all honesty how many Pat fans went home last night disappointed.. i think not 1 yes we got it handed to us the score board wasnt entertaining but the on ice stuff kept the fans in the game and everyone was excited after the game.

Both the Pats and Rebels are coming off some embarressing losses last night look for a decent game tonight.... I see that the Rebels goaltender Reimer is injuried does the Rebels even have a back up goaltender???

I for one thought that Rowat would of got the call against the Blades to start and play Bosch against the Rebels. I think the Blades take it as a big slap in the face that Bosch plays every game against them and gets the Blades up for the game even more... like come on yes the Blades are below you in the standings but with how the Blades have played us all season you would of thought that Rowat would of started, its a divisional game none of the less. Im not saying the loss is any of Bosch's fault cuz it wasnt. Just kind of surprised me that Rowat didnt get the call, considering the emotions were flying high already before the game even started and a much calmer vetern like Rowat may have help settled the boys down more if he was between the pipes.

witness
02-02-2008, 03:43 PM
The Pats were God awful! And so was Zalaski! It wasn't so much the calls as the non calls. 5 on 3 MacAngus get his stick held and eventually ripped out of his hands and Zalaski calls Bender for a battle behind the net??? 5 on 3 Kraus is obstructed getting to the point and then he calls Kraus on the cross check??? I wonder if a referee should be suspended for a multiple fight situation?
Then it turns into a huge gong show. I felt bad for Flatters. He was working at containing Eberle and Toomey came flying in with the elbow. Eberle moved and Flatters took the hit. Looks like a shoulder injury that just might end his WHL career. Totally unnecessary.
The good thing is that they get to lace them up and try again tonight. You are only as bad (or good) as your last game.

Fight Guy
02-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Flatters was watching the shenanigans from tunnel across from the Blades bench, and he didn't look in pain and had his hands in his pockets and moving his arms alright. Perhaps not so serious? From what I saw anyway. Him and security were laughing about the game it seemed. The security guy was probably happy he didn't have to deal with what was going on behind the Blades bench, lol.

eye4aneye
02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
there are always those few idiots in a crowd that have to do something like that. Would be funny if suddenly beer wasn't sold at the Brandt center during games....I wonder how many friends that idiot would have if that happened.