PDA

View Full Version : Without "loser" point

CHtoo
02-02-2008, 02:29 PM
If the league wouldn't give out the stupid "loser" point.

This is where the East would be:

Calgary 74
Regina 66
Lethbridge 66
Brandon 62
Kootenay 60
Medicine Hat 58
Swift Current 58
Moose Jaw 56

This year it does make a difference. So far anyways. And yes I know
the teams haven't played the same number of games.

:D

sbtatter
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
If the league wouldn't give out the stupid "loser" point.

This is where the East would be:

Calgary 74
Regina 66
Lethbridge 66
Brandon 62
Kootenay 60
Medicine Hat 58
Swift Current 58
Moose Jaw 56

This year it does make a difference. So far anyways. And yes I know
the teams haven't played the same number of games.

:D
It's the stupidest idea, they need to change it so a regular time win gets 3 points, OT or SO win gets 2 points and an OT/SO loss gets one point....

Flathead
02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
It's the stupidest idea, they need to change it so a regular time win gets 3 points, OT or SO win gets 2 points and an OT/SO loss gets one point....
I like the point, I think you earned it if you are tied after regulation. What's stupid to me is that they only play 5 minutes of OT and then decide the game with a gimmick(SO). I personally don't see anything wrong with a tie, but I think that if you played a longer OT period you wouldn't have too see as many shoot outs.

RV@BBB
02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
personally i think it should be 2 points for a reg. win 1 pt for an ot win and losers are never rewarded. part of the game is getting it done in 60 minutes. its like being rewarded for finishing last. If your team performs poorly there is no reward. if you team is equal to but not good enough to beat another team in regulation than you still don't deserve anything. Reward the team that pours its heart into the game and don't reward for missed chances. almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades.........oh and hockey too....
This way the winners will be desrving of making the playoffs and not a team that was almost as good on some nights

bryyan
02-03-2008, 09:08 AM
personally i think it should be 2 points for a reg. win 1 pt for an ot win and losers are never rewarded. part of the game is getting it done in 60 minutes. its like being rewarded for finishing last. If your team performs poorly there is no reward. if you team is equal to but not good enough to beat another team in regulation than you still don't deserve anything. Reward the team that pours its heart into the game and don't reward for missed chances. almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades.........oh and hockey too....
This way the winners will be desrving of making the playoffs and not a team that was almost as good on some nights

I agree, and i think we should get rid of the shootout, that isnt a team effort win, its a skills competition, no points for O/T loss or shootout loss.