PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Rebels

patsdude114
02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Well the return of 4 ex pats make their return to the Brandt Center tonight, Ofukany, Valach, Gross and ex pat prospect Miller. I am excited to see how Miller looks in the WHL see what we really gave up to get Doucet and Watt. Ofukany has been on a tear since the trade notching 7goals 7 assists in 12 games.

I am thinking David Aime will get the call against us tonight (he used to play for the Raiders for those who may not know) Im thinking that Rowat is going to get the call tonight for the Pats.

Doucet, Watt and Jackson should be taking this game alittle more personal as they were dealt away at trade deadline. Should be interesting how this game goes down, the Pats have struggled against the lower teams and Red Deer is no exception as the Rebels have won both meetings with a combined score 11-3. Yes both teams are completely different now since there last meeting, we will see how the Pats respond to there disappointing showing last night against the Blades.

GO PATS GO

Fight Guy
02-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Yep...interested to see how Ofukany plays against us tonight. I'm curious if he left on bad terms with any other players? (teehee...I'm still thirsty for more)

Should be a good game though. Both teams are different and I think(hope) the Pats have learned their lesson over the past two games about playing basement teams. The Rebels know (knew?) how to play against the Pats and have obviously played well against the them thus far.

CJSenterprise4
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Yet again the Pats looked like they had more interest in getting drunk after the game than playing. Little effort from every player and even though they are a great team that will not get it down against any team in this league as they have found out with losses to Portland and 3 to Red Deer. The refs didn't call ANYTHING obviously a message being sent to the Pats. Rebels tackled about 3 pats players and no calls and a easy boarding call on Watt not called. I am tempted not to even drive up for the Tuesday game against the Tigers if the Pats are going to play like that. Lots of key players are out though...Rowat should be back next game, Leffler still out and Teubs will be back and hopefully Cerveny to add some skill out there.

eye4aneye
02-02-2008, 09:59 PM
oh my eye balls is that really the score?? I wonder how many toes Brent has broken kicking various items? I wonder if he was kicking any butts as well? Oh wait Brent Butt...hahha my own joke if no one else gets me humour vc124

bryyan
02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
The game against the Hat is here Tuesday, and yes we sukked again tonight, no one was skating, especially Krauss, i dont know whats up his *** but this last week, he's been pathetic. We have issues in goal, has me a tad worried

wardog fan
02-02-2008, 10:04 PM
kraus is always invisible, hasnt impressed me at all agaisnt the jaw. well one thing in the east theres no shut down goalie and i think besides swifty that everyone is worried about their own goalies...

dagley
02-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I am quite surprised of Red Deer's effort to go into Regina and beat them after getting thrashed here Friday night. Ofukany was invisible here the other night, all be it their entire team was.

rinkrat
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
The game against the Hat is here Tuesday, and yes we sukked again tonight, no one was skating, especially Krauss, i dont know whats up his *** but this last week, he's been pathetic. We have issues in goal, has me a tad worried

It was the same thing with Kraus in Vancouver. Thats why he was dealt,and why he sat out the last two games of the Memorial Cup.

patsdude114
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I just dont understand it at all.... how can the Pats play such great games against other top teams in the league give themselves a chance to win each night against them but, put a team out there who has no chance at making the playoffs and we sh*t the bed what a complete joke.. Just doesnt make sence to me at all. We had chances again Eberle hits the post again.

Ok here is my question that really boggles my mind... Im not saying it would of made a difference but........... we get a late PP with 2:38 left in the game the 1st half of the PP we are controlling the play down low with our top unit out there.... NOW someone please tell me why Perkins wouldnt pull the goalie down by 1 on the PP when we have control down low????????????????

Instead he waits til our top unit comes off the ice with no possesion across center ice to pull the goalie. Like come on something is wrong there. Pull Bosch and put Watt out there to go to the net with MacAngus, 2 big bodies strong players.. Pyett had a great pinch towards the net on that PP early but Kraus instead of throwing towards the net for a rebound or a one-timer to Pyett instead throws is back to the point to Bartley.. Come on time to get our heads out of our asses and get into the game, starting with our coaches.

We didnt play that bad last night, had some defensive mistakes that costed us against there few vetern players. Bosch is a good keeper but he really needs to work on his rebound control more, thats what we miss when he is between the pipes compared to Rowat. Yes Red Deer out shot us but for the most part alot of there shots were from the outside very low risk shots.

It was really nice to see the refs letting these teams play hockey 5 on 5.. yes there were missed calls on both sides but whatever been a very long time since we have said we watched 56 minutes of hockey 5 on 5 (actually it was alittle more then that as Red Deer scored on their PP) I have a feeling Red Deer wanted to save there energy against the Weheat Kings to come play us... as there are 4 players on Red Deer who were traded by the Pats. Ofukany, Valach, Gross and prob even Miller took this game very personal.

Oh I must say i havent seen Valach play such a sound defensively game before this season as he did against us last night. Where was that Valach when he played here. Ofukany was all over the ice, just like how he was when Kelowna was here. If Ofukany would of played like that night in and night out he'd still be in a Pats uniform.

bryyan
02-03-2008, 07:49 PM
It was the same thing with Kraus in Vancouver. Thats why he was dealt,and why he sat out the last two games of the Memorial Cup.
I see now, this last week, he hasnt even skated at all, at times been standing still. He did have a good road trip out west 2 weeks ago, i hope he starts up again, he's a pretty good hockey player when he wants to be

Fight Guy
02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
It's actually happened all year. Very streaky. He'll play amazing for however many games...then he takes however many games off. The when he gets it back, he works ass off.

I noticed after he got his 10 min misconduct on Friday night, he never played again. Was he benched, as a direct message from his actions on the ice, or perhaps because Hunt didn't want him doing something stupid and losing him to suspension or injury...going by the direction of the game??? Just a thought as he is known to lose his cool.

hobster
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Fight guy you might want too change your pic as the last fight between Elder and Klotz wasn't even close, Klotz wins in a TKO lol.

CJSenterprise4
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Is a joke i have not liked him since he has been in Regina. Maybe a decent PP quarterback but never back checks and has no work ethic and gets upset very easily.

Fight Guy
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Fight guy you might want too change your pic as the last fight between Elder and Klotz wasn't even close, Klotz wins in a TKO lol.
Yeah, you didn't to tell me that...I was there. Buuuuuut...I like the one I have. :)