PDA

View Full Version : thoughts

wardog fan
02-02-2008, 04:39 PM
well not much to say about the broncos, its the regular season i guess. every team has that one team who gives ya fits and it seems hunchak just cant get that win against his former team. we have come close 3 times and seconds away from a win to see a team come and steal it in our own barn. everytime i see the broncos they remind me more and more of that team we had here two years ago and went to the league finals with. very scrappy, speedy, and never say die attitude. now with that all said my preception here is wishart and ellerby have not been what i expected. now dont run me over the coals here . first off they are both first rounders , they are big and with the both of them on the ice their arm spans together takes up the whole width of a rink. secondly they bring to the club we lack at the beginning of the year the ability to get the puck out of our own end , strech the opppsing defense in the netural zone. but what they lack is the physical side, i dont see it , i dont see them winning alot of battles down low. they log alot of ice and our special teams are huge because of them. right now as a team i think the pieces are there, we have speed , we have first and secondary scoring and we have a physical presence and size. do we have 4 lines to roll? no ... and my confidence in perricone is shot as of late, is he worn out ?
my biggest dissappoinment is holzapfel. granted hes missed alot of hockey with the tribe but i just dont see that player he was last year . our success in the playoffs lay on our captins back hands down and also on the two big men on defense we traded for. these three guys have to be superstars in every aspect for us to have a long journey into the promise land. and perricone has to be lights out , control rebounds and be that confident kid we had take us there two years back.

wardog fan
02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
well ellerby or wishart must have read my thoughts tonight, what a game by both. they played together and was dominent and shut down the brandon top line. they were phyiscal and logged tons of ice, best game by far since they both were traded here. perricone was solid and got the job done nothing spectaclur. brandon looked tired in the first period and just couldnt mustard anything the rest of the way . who says moose jaw doesnt have speed wow, looked great most of this game. one concern was jason bast, ugly mishap, with the boards following a 2 on 1 . talked to a security guard and was telling me he was having trouble putting any pressure on his foot, not good could be a knee or foot sprain or worse a acl... hope he comes back soon.... how about the play of delronde, and filo and karpov tonight, both played amazing.. i have to agree zalaski is a idoit, blows the play dead thinking theres 6 brandon players on the ice.lol and there wasnt wow he made some bone head calls. but all in all decent game to watch. i think glennie may have pooped himself seeing grantham coming after him after glennie ran the goalie but cool heads prevailed, if that was regina glennie would have been in trouble.lol i hope aulie is ok from that hit i seen his parents at the game . i was very impressed with dittmer tonight , hard shot and all over the place, i havent had the chance to really see schenn and glennie work out there as they seem to be shut down here the two games they play here in the jaw, oh well works out good for the jaw and i will see more and more of these two young guns ....

bryyan
02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
And you guys need that arena going!!! Get whoever is settin this up, fire him, and get someone in there that likes hockey to get this thing rolling. Moose Jaw cannot be relocated.

Scout
02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I suggest you read the forum rules before you post anymore.

Scout

Arthur Fonzerelli
03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
What has happened to the Warriors since the trade deadline and all the new acquisitions. You guys were setting the league on fire prior to the trades and now it's a good thing that team trying to catch you is the Blades. Does anybody know what has caused the freefall?

agent
03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
What has happened to the Warriors since the trade deadline and all the new acquisitions. You guys were setting the league on fire prior to the trades and now it's a good thing that team trying to catch you is the Blades. Does anybody know what has caused the freefall?

What is a freefall? Is that when you win 3 of your last 4 games against good teams and the only loss being a shootout against the top team in the conference?

Arthur Fonzerelli
03-01-2008, 11:43 PM
What is a freefall? Is that when you win 3 of your last 4 games against good teams and the only loss being a shootout against the top team in the conference? vci22

Look at the Warriors record since the trade deadline and include the last four games. You guys were challenging for first. I could use the choke word but I won't.

Hatguy
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
vci22

Look at the Warriors record since the trade deadline and include the last four games. You guys were challenging for first. I could use the choke word but I won't.

You do realize that the Warriors are 5 points back of Regina? They haven't played that great as of late, but the only thing that matters now is how they play in the playoffs.

agent
03-02-2008, 11:34 AM
vci22

Anyone who follows the team even the slightest knows they haven't played as a complete Team for months. Holzapfel being the top player and team leader has been unable to preform because of injury. guys like Mclaren have been in and out with suspensions mixing chemistry on lines. Even Bast had a leg injury in the first part of February which put salt on the wound for the team.
I'm actually surprised they have kept the games so close with what they have had to work with. I guess that shows the great depth the have.
I say they will be primed and ready to compete when it matters.(Playoffs)
It would be interesting to do a poll to see which teams would choose to meet the Warriors in playoffs. vc119