PDA

View Full Version : way to go giants

scamperdog
03-25-2005, 11:25 PM
winning in kelowna even better

Jimmy
03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
:groovy: :groovy:
If they can bring the physical game the had through 3/4 of the second period, they may just come home up 2-0.

Kassian
03-26-2005, 12:46 AM
I am happy as a whole. But that 3rd period was killer. Typical Vancouver Giants. Play great all game long, get the lead...extend the lead...and nearly blow it in the 3rd period. The only thing different in this case was they didn't blow the game. But still, it was too close.

If they can play like they did in the 1st and 2nd period, the Giants will win this series. When the Giants are on their game they are as good as anybody in the WHL. But unfortunately they aren't on their game often. Or consistantly I should say. I'll be looking forward to tomorrow night to see how they respond. Somehow I have a feeling Kelowna is going to come out strong and get the Giants back.

Beaner
03-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Have to agree Kassian, once again they go into the Third trying to defend the lead, and it almost cost them again.

When are the guys going to learn to keep playing the way they got the lead to really finish off their opponents.

HockeyFan04
03-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Give the Giants credit, they kept Kelowna outside all night, including the third period. I thought it was one of their best defensive efforts all year, both the D and the forwards back-checking. (Remember Brule stripping the Rocket of the puck behind the Giants net?) I'd say Schwarz never had to make a really tough save all night. One of their goals was a bad angle shot that shouldn't have gone in and the one off the face-off just caught him napping. This should have been a 4-1 or at most 4-2. When the Rockets turn it up a notch, Schwarz is going to have to be better.

rinkrat
03-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Have to agree Kassian, once again they go into the Third trying to defend the lead, and it almost cost them again.

When are the guys going to learn to keep playing the way they got the lead to really finish off their opponents.
Coaching... Its the coaches job to have the guys keep the petal to the metal.They are playing the system they are told to play.This was a huge game,and I think the Rockets are getting nervous..Yahoo Go Giants