PDA

View Full Version : any word on bast???

wardog fan
02-03-2008, 09:49 AM
just seeing if any other tribe fans or someone heard anything about bast and his injury last night, lets hope its nothing serious what a treat he's been to watch this year ....

CJSenterprise4
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
That would be a huge injury for the Warriors as Bast is a very good player. It would be hard to make up for his skill, speed and scoring touch. There is nothing worse than somebody going down with a serious injury at this time of year. Hope it's nothing bad...no matter what team you cheer for you don't wish that the other teams skill players get hurt b/4 playoffs.

wardog fan
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
ya i totally agree with you, no one ever wants to see someone get injury alot of us forget these kids are just young men.. but i seen him go into the boards and his knee and leg twisted up good. he did manage to make it to all four on the ice before being helped off, and did not put any pressure on the injured leg, not even a attempt. but then again i could be just be guessing but i would think its something serious enough that will take some time to heal. he will be a huge loss, hes a spark plug, plays on the top line with knackstedt and mclaren they had soo much chemistry together, he killed penelties and was a huge assest to our powerplay.. all i know for sure is the security guard i talked to said it wasnt good, he couldnt put any pressure on the leg, but that was last night 24 hours could make a diffrence and wont know anything till he is examined which i would think he would have had last night at some time... hopefully some news comes out soon... and he is back on the ice asap

sbtatter
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Looked like the Crosby slide into the boards didn't it? Too bad for MJ, b/c he's a solid player, a player any team would love to have, reminds me of Lowry....

sbtatter
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
remindes you of Lowery? only younger and better?
He's a year younger. Not sure about better, I think they are both valuable to their respective teams, both seem to work hard and be good "team" guys. Lowry's more physical, Bast's got a better scoring touch imo....

agent
02-04-2008, 08:29 PM
He's a year younger. Not sure about better, I think they are both valuable to their respective teams, both seem to work hard and be good "team" guys. Lowry's more physical, Bast's got a better scoring touch imo....

Like in this Times Herald photo link.

http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=99716&sc=9

wardog fan
02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Saturday night Frazer McLaren had to sit out due to a league imposed suspension for his boarding major and game misconduct in Friday’s game against Swift Current. The Western Hockey League finalized the length of McLaren’s suspension on Monday and he will have to sit out one more game, that being against the Saskatoon Blades on Wednesday night.

Forward Jason Bast suffered a lower body injury in similar fashion to Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Crosby suffered a severe high-ankle sprain and is out approximately another 4 weeks. Bast was a little more fortunate as he is able to walk on it and will it the ice to see how it is on Tuesday. Bast is listed as day-to-day and will be a game-time decision Wednesday night for Coach Dave Hunchak.

Saskatoon Blades’ and former Warrior Head Coach Lorne Molleken will not be behind the bench. Molleken was suspended two games for Saskatoon’s 5th multiple fight of the season at Regina on February 1.

great news