PDA

View Full Version : Game 2

mccabe23
03-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, let's all hope we don't get another "Smith" for the rest of this series. Judging by the last two Kelowna/Vancouver games, I see that punches to the face are now legal. I've NEVER seen so many punches to the face by one team, in one game, in my life.

All is good though. We all remember when Tri-Cities got up on us last year. Kelowna will just step it up. Go Rockets!!!!!!!

Squig
03-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Smith for a second straight time. He is easily the worst in the league by my count. When your as bad as he is you should only get a few games per year just like a fourth line player. This is a development league after all. Treat the officials just like the teams treat the kids. Sitting in the stands watching other refs might help his game.

I don't blame him for the loss. We did that in both games.

Credit to he Giants for playing smashmouth hockey - thats what they need to do to win. As long as the ref is not calling it keep doin it.

Go Rockets Go!!

Beaner
03-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, I didn't see the game in Kelowna as I dont have shaw, but in the game in Vancouver the Rockets were throwing just as many gloved punches as the Giants in the final game of the season.

Not defending Smith, just stating what I saw in that game. Hopefully Smith is done with this series now, but somehow I think we will see him again in game 3 or 4 in Vancouver. :(

Knuckles Muldoon
03-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, I didn't see the game in Kelowna as I dont have shaw.
Beaner, you missed a good one. Get to a bar tonight! Do something!

Kassian
03-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, I didn't see the game in Kelowna as I dont have shaw, but in the game in Vancouver the Rockets were throwing just as many gloved punches as the Giants in the final game of the season.

Very much true. You Kelowna fans are fooling yourselves if you think it is only one way. Your team plays just as dirty (more, IMO) than the Giants do. And most of those games in Vancouver the Giants were getting the penalties called on them and you guys were getting away with murder. So it works both ways.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys will come out flying tonight and tie the series 1-1.

Teaps
03-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Kassian...I say nay nay...The Giants played BRUTAL cheap last night

C.F
03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Take off those Rockette glasses for a second, things may be more clear. ;)

Teaps
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
C.F. I'm not trying to stir anything up, I'm just saying, The TV Camera's can only get so much......

kelownakarl
03-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Both teams played dirty I guess..... Lets leave the trash talking on the ice!

Kassian
03-26-2005, 07:48 PM

The same could be said for the Rockets. Just look at when they were taking shots at the Giants after Vancouver scored a goal. Pretty cheap in my books.

I guess you missed a lot of the Rockets games in Vancouver this season. They were the definition of cheap. Especially Palin. Cross checks in the face, punches to the back of the head, no penalty calls. Of course the Giants would get called for some phantom tripping penalty a few minutes later. Figures though...Smith was the ref.

Teaps
03-27-2005, 12:50 AM
I think we all found out tonight who the chippy team is.......oh...*ahem* 4-3!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOoo

GO ROCKETS GO!!!

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I think we all found out tonight who the chippy team is.......oh...*ahem* 4-3!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOooI knew that going into the series. :D Just take a look at the Total PIMs between the two teams -- it's no contest. Vancouver may rarely win on the score board (what is it now, 5 wins out of more than 30 games lifetime versus the Rockets), but they almost ALWAYS win the cheap shot contest.

C.F
03-27-2005, 12:58 AM
First of all, that was an amazing game. Kelowna must consider themselves very lucky to get out of that game with a win tonight. The Giants had tons of chances, but couldn't pop one in. I give Yeomans a lot of credit, he's the reason the Rockettes won.

Kelowna fans want to talk about bad reffing? After the ref calls a softy on Andrea, how could he not call the hook on Brule? What a moron!

Game 3 will be a great game. The Rockets got lucky tonight, and the Giants will come out hard.

GO GIANTS GO!

Kassian
03-27-2005, 01:08 AM
I think we all found out tonight who the chippy team is.......oh...*ahem* 4-3!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOoo

GO ROCKETS GO!!!

You Kelowna fans are a joke.

The Rockets can never do any wrong, eh?

Well whatever, I'm not going to stoop to that level. I will say that the Giants weren't very disciplined (although there were a few weak calls made against them) and the non call when Brule had the puck in front of the Kelowna net was a bunch of B.S. I know you guys will argue that since none of you seem capable of being objective.

Anyway, the Giants blew it. They played great on the PK in the 3rd period, had tons of opportunities to win in OT yet they failed to do so. The Rockets capitalized on their opportunities. End of story.

C.F
03-27-2005, 01:09 AM
I knew that going into the series. :D Just take a look at the Total PIMs between the two teams -- it's no contest. Vancouver may rarely win on the score board (what is it now, 5 wins out of more than 30 games lifetime versus the Rockets), but they almost win the cheap shot contest.
Almost, but not quite. And the Giants are a 4 year old expansion team, talk about picking on the little guy!

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 01:09 AM
First of all, that was an amazing game. Kelowna must consider themselves very lucky to get out of that game with a win tonight. The Giants had tons of chances, but couldn't pop one in. I give Yeomans a lot of credit, he's the reason the Rockettes won.Actually Yeomans was both hero and goat all in the same night. If he hadn't let in a very soft 3rd goal, that he completely whiffed on, this game would've ended in regulation with a Rocket win. Over the course of the game, Schwartz outplayed him, except in OT. If Schwartz hadn't been so good during the Rocket PP's, this game wouldn't have been close.
Kelowna fans want to talk about bad reffing? After the ref calls a softy on Andrea, how could he not call the hook on Brule? What a moron!Seems he missed the brutal hit from behind that left a Rocket bleeding. Oh well, at least he called about four of the same kind of hits that he didn't miss.
The Rockets got lucky tonightPerhaps in OT, but it should never have gotten there.
Giants will come out hard.As will the Rockets. Bet on it!

C.F
03-27-2005, 01:15 AM

GO ROCKETS GO!!!
Ladies and gentlmen, THIS is why Kelowna fans got treated like crap in Vancouver.

Teaps
03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
About the hook on Brule.......Notice how the ref didn't call the football tackle by a giant down in the other end abolut 10 seconds later? If you think a ref is going to call a penalty with 1 minute left and looking at going into OT, you've gotta watch more hockey.....oh...btw C.F.......I'm just giving you guys what you gave me when i was in vancouver...except I can't give you the elbows or the fingers.........

C.F
03-27-2005, 01:26 AM
About the hook on Brule.......Notice how the ref didn't call the football tackle by a giant down in the other end abolut 10 seconds later? If you think a ref is going to call a penalty with 1 minute left and looking at going into OT, you've gotta watch more hockey.....oh...btw C.F.......I'm just giving you guys what you gave me when i was in vancouver...except I can't give you the elbows or the fingers.........
You guys? I doubt anyone on this forum gave you any elbows and fingers. Maybe a few bandwaggers that couldn't tell you the Giants captain, but that's it. That's not to say you didn't deserve it, but you aiming your frustration at the wrong crowd.

Kassian
03-27-2005, 01:28 AM

You know this goes both ways. I could sit here and argue with you on several calls that should've/could've been called on Kelowna. But I'm not going to.

You just fail to realize that the Rockets are capable of committing penalties too.

I'm not blaming the officiating for the Giants losing. They Giants lost the game because they were undisciplined, and more importantly, they couldn't score in OT. They had the better opportunities but they couldn't finish.

Teaps
03-27-2005, 01:44 AM
I absolutly Agree...The rockets had a chance and they capatilized.....AND, I never said the rockets wern't capable of committing penalties...heck, i said to everyone that Couture's 2nd period penalty was a VERY good penalty to take.....

Kassian
03-27-2005, 01:52 AM
I absolutly Agree...The rockets had a chance and they capatilized.....AND, I never said the rockets wern't capable of committing penalties...heck, i said to everyone that Couture's 2nd period penalty was a VERY good penalty to take.....

Well it seems like a lot of you act that way. Anyway, I'm not here to cause problems so I won't continue this on any further. I just can't wait until game 3. I want to see how the Giants respond. My gut tells me that this game was a huge confidence killer for them. And I see Kelowna doing real well in game 3. I hope I'm wrong though.

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 09:17 AM
You know this goes both ways. I could sit here and argue with you on several calls that should've/could've been called on Kelowna. But I'm not going to. Well as long as you don't try to say that the chippiness was even. It wasn't last night nor was it ALL season long as evidenced by the two teams total PIM's in games versus each other or overall. The giants were running guys last night and there were 4 or 5 hits from behind. Several were called, some weren't. Giants have no claim against the officiating of last night's game.
You just fail to realize that the Rockets are capable of committing penalties too.I didn't see anyone state that. What they did state, however, was accurate. The record doesn't lie.
I'm not blaming the officiating for the Giants losing.Good, because no-one could and do it honestly. Having said that, I do admit that there was one call on the Giants I thought was cheap. Refs, however, often take a dim view of teams running opposing players. He may have been trying to send a message that he had seen enough. To the giants credit, they did a great job coming back against a team that rarely allows that to happen and their PK was outstanding.

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Anyway, I'm not here to cause problemsI wonder what kind of reaction one would expect if they posted the same remark about giants fans on their board?
I just can't wait until game 3. I want to see how the Giants respond. My gut tells me that this game was a huge confidence killer for them. And I see Kelowna doing real well in game 3. I hope I'm wrong though.I see it that way as well. I expect the giants to be a little nervous in front of the big crowd and media hype on tuesday. I love how Yeomans responded to giving up a very soft tying goal and then stoning them in OT. Predicted outcome: Rockets 4 - Giants 2.

Jovorock
03-27-2005, 10:29 AM

The Rockets can never do any wrong, eh?

Well whatever, I'm not going to stoop to that level. I will say that the Giants weren't very disciplined (although there were a few weak calls made against them) and the non call when Brule had the puck in front of the Kelowna net was a bunch of B.S. I know you guys will argue that since none of you seem capable of being objective.

Anyway, the Giants blew it. They played great on the PK in the 3rd period, had tons of opportunities to win in OT yet they failed to do so. The Rockets capitalized on their opportunities. End of story.
Thanks Kass, yes all of us Rocket fans are a joke, I knew it.

Yes the Rockets do wrong. The Giants were more undisciplined IMO and got more of the cheap penaltys. There were alot of cheap stuff away from the play that the TV could not show by both teams. I forget who clubbed Comeau, but it was bad and way behind the play that made him bleed from his right side of his head.

Brule call was missed, but lets remember the Rockets hit two posts in OT alone. Kelowna out shot and out worked the Giants especially in the second period.

Kelowna defense has played terrible, practically every goal was caused by a defensive breakdown. Fistric's goal coming out of the box was a joke, no one was close to him. Sure it was a bad goal by Yeomans, but there wasn't any defense or forwards even close?

rinkrat
03-27-2005, 10:32 AM
hitting the post does not count as a shot on goal.Jovo

Beaner
03-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Well it seems like a lot of you act that way. Anyway, I'm not here to cause problems so I won't continue this on any further. I just can't wait until game 3. I want to see how the Giants respond. My gut tells me that this game was a huge confidence killer for them. And I see Kelowna doing real well in game 3. I hope I'm wrong though.

Really? They take a tonne of penalties, putting themselves shorthanded for 7 straight minutes in the third and yet still come back to tie it against one of the best teams in the league. They almost won it overtime.

I think the giants confidence is going to be just fine, they just need to stay out of the box and keep playing hard.

If anything Kelowna should have had this game done and overwith in the third period. Kelowna is lucky they got game 2, they certainly had the chances to bury the giants and they didn't.

Jovorock
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
hitting the post does not count as a shot on goal.Jovo
Thanks for your great hockey knowledge! I said in two different sentences that Kelowna hit two posts in OT and Kelowna out shot the Giants.

mccabe23
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I forget who clubbed Comeau, but it was bad and way behind the play that made him bleed from his right side of his head.

The guilty party on that play was none other than "Glass Jaw Fistric".

Jovorock
03-27-2005, 10:54 AM
If anything Kelowna should have had this game done and overwith in the third period. Kelowna is lucky they got game 2, they certainly had the chances to bury the giants and they didn't.
Even though the Rockets had two PP goals, the power play is and was terrible. Normally the PP is one of the strongest part of the Rocket game. I think they really miss Weber on PP, but they better work on a fix very soon!

scamperdog
03-27-2005, 11:40 AM
besides missing Weber which is very obvoius, I realize yeoman stood on his head in overtime but over all he seems to be the weak link in kelowna, game

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 12:59 PM
besides missing Weber which is very obvoius, I realize yeoman stood on his head in overtime but over all he seems to be the weak link in kelowna, gameI agree with that. The overtime was the first time in a long while I've seen him stone an opposition. As I said, I really like how he responded to his game tying gaff. Very un-Cloutier like and a good sign for him should he make it to the bigs.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Well after viewing the game tape again I can see were the Giant fans may have a reason to grip, the refing was terrible and just because there was a minute left in the game Jared doesn't mean it wasn't a penatly, that was a brutal non call and if had been a Rocket that got hauled down you would have been screaming murder, so shut up with the last minute of the game bullsh*t. That been said as a team you have to adjust and realize you are not going to get away with stuff and stay disciplined, its that simple, its not Kelowna's fault he sucked and they most certainly are not going to turn down the penatlies now are they, but lets not forget the ref sucked against us the night before, so what comes around goes around.Kelowna was lucky in the OT to win but in OT that is usually how it happens, one team dominates and the other team scores a cheapy to win but this game should never have gone to OT, with the score 3-2 Keller fans on an empty net and then Comeau as well 2 minutes later.............4 minutes later Fistric gets a cheap one that I am sure Yeomans wishes he had back.............but thats hockey folks, exciting and unpredictable=a great series, lets hope it continues

Kassian
03-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks Kass, yes all of us Rocket fans are a joke, I knew it.

Yes the Rockets do wrong. The Giants were more undisciplined IMO and got more of the cheap penaltys. There were alot of cheap stuff away from the play that the TV could not show by both teams. I forget who clubbed Comeau, but it was bad and way behind the play that made him bleed from his right side of his head.

Brule call was missed, but lets remember the Rockets hit two posts in OT alone. Kelowna out shot and out worked the Giants especially in the second period.

Kelowna defense has played terrible, practically every goal was caused by a defensive breakdown. Fistric's goal coming out of the box was a joke, no one was close to him. Sure it was a bad goal by Yeomans, but there wasn't any defense or forwards even close?

Again, if only most of you were at the games in Vancouver. No doubt about it, the Rockets got special treatment from the officials.

Yes, Fistric's goal was pretty bad on Yeomans part. But he made up for it playing solid in OT.

The same could be said for the Rockets 3rd goal. That was really weak on Schwarz's part as well. Although being a Giants fan, you expect that from Schwarz.

My issue here is how it seems most of you act like the Giants are some "big bad" dirty team when they really aren't and you consider the Rockets a bunch of choir boys. Most of the guys on the Giants that talk a tough game, back it up. You can't say the same for the Rockets.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 02:59 PM
My issue here is how it seems most of you act like the Giants are some "big bad" dirty team when they really aren't and you consider the Rockets a bunch of choir boys. Most of the guys on the Giants that talk a tough game, back it up. You can't say the same for the Rockets.

Give it a rest, every team has talkers and everyteam has fighters, your Giants are no different.......the Rockets back it up just fine as do your Giants.

Kassian
03-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Give it a rest, every team has talkers and everyteam has fighters, your Giants are no different.......the Rockets back it up just fine as do your Giants.

LOL. Now that is funny.

This is exactly my point. No Kelowna Rockets can do wrong...

RocketMan
03-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Again, if only most of you were at the games in Vancouver. No doubt about it, the Rockets got special treatment from the officials.Riiiiiight. Where have we heard this before? :rolleyes:
Special treatment?? Were you even at the last game in Vancouver? Didn't the giants have at least TWO 2-man advantages in that game? Didn't the giants have more powerplays?? That doesn't sound like a case for "special treatment" to me.
My issue here is how it seems most of you act like the Giants are some "big bad" dirty team when they really aren't and you consider the Rockets a bunch of choir boys.Overstate much??
Most of the guys on the Giants that talk a tough game, back it up. You can't say the same for the Rockets.Sheesh, what a joke :rolleyes:

Kassian
03-27-2005, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm not even going to bother anymore. Just believe whatever you want to believe...

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 03:35 PM
LOL. Now that is funny.

This is exactly my point. No Kelowna Rockets can do wrong...

You have made no point what so ever.....I have never stated the Rockets can't do wrong, I even said YES the ref was terrible last night in favor of us , so tell me how i stated the Rockets can do no wrong?

You are starting to sound like one of those whiny homer fans and you didn't before, lets just hope it is playoff fever that has got you thsi way.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Lets see Bartley(64pims) always backs up his toughness right, as does Costanzo(44pims)as does Cunning(60pims) as does Lamb(37pims) as does Franson(70pims) as does Meszeros(8pims) etc etc etc.

See the point here now. All those above are aggitators and trash talkers and according to there pims obviously don't back it up all the time.

The same can be said for Kelowna, there is a list of them just like the Giants list above.

Then you have your Grants, Brules, Sylvesters and Webers that more often then not back it up.

Kassian
03-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Lets see Bartley(64pims) always backs up his toughness right, as does Costanzo(44pims)as does Cunning(60pims) as does Lamb(37pims) as does Franson(70pims) as does Meszeros(8pims) etc etc etc.

See the point here now. All those above are aggitators and trash talkers and according to there pims obviously don't back it up all the time.

The same can be said for Kelowna, there is a list of them just like the Giants list above.

Then you have your Grants, Brules, Sylvesters and Webers that more often then not back it up.

Kev-

I understand your point. But all of those guys you listed above there (with the exception of Lamb) have fought at least once this season. In fact most of of them fought more than once.

I can understand if you consider guys like Meszaros, Cunning, and Lamb trash talkers. Cunning especially. But I don't agree with Bartley, Costanzo, and Franson. Bartley does talk but he is also willing. Costanzo rarely does anything to be considered a trash talker, IMO. He isn't even that physical. More of a PK shot blocker type of player. Franson isn't gritty enough to be a trash talker, IMO. He has all the tools to be a real good defenseman, yet he lacks the edge and grit. Unfortunately he is too soft most of the time.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Kev-

I understand your point. But all of those guys you listed above there (with the exception of Lamb) have fought at least once this season. In fact most of of them fought more than once.

I can understand if you consider guys like Meszaros, Cunning, and Lamb trash talkers. Cunning especially. But I don't agree with Bartley, Costanzo, and Franson. Bartley does talk but he is also willing. Costanzo rarely does anything to be considered a trash talker, IMO. He isn't even that physical. More of a PK shot blocker type of player. Franson isn't gritty enough to be a trash talker, IMO. He has all the tools to be a real good defenseman, yet he lacks the edge and grit. Unfortunately he is too soft most of the time.

Totally agree with you but Comeau,Ray even Blanar talk it but when need be walk it..........all I am saying that each team has the same type of players and I know Costanzo,Bartley and Franson have been talking in this series as most do come playoff time and that its unusual for them but.......its all or nothing now, to late to hold anything back.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 08:57 PM
But don't get me wrong in no way do i think the Giants are any cheaper then the Rockets...........we cheap shot just as much as the next team and no way are the Giants more dirty then anybody else and anybody thinks different about there team is just being a homer.

Kassian
03-27-2005, 09:46 PM
But don't get me wrong in no way do i think the Giants are any cheaper then the Rockets...........we cheap shot just as much as the next team and no way are the Giants more dirty then anybody else and anybody thinks different about there team is just being a homer.

Thank you. That was the only point I was trying to make. I'm glad there are some Kelowna fans out there that aren't totally blinded by the homer glasses.

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Not a problem Kas i I know you know your stuff and if you get to kelowna for a game lets have a beer.

On you of course :)

Kassian
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Not a problem Kas i I know you know your stuff and if you get to kelowna for a game lets have a beer.

On you of course :)

LOL! :laugh:

Knuckles Muldoon
03-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Credibilty hit for kevanie! Lamb, Costanzo and Franson are trash-talkers??? Incredible....just incredible... :skeptical

Teaps
03-27-2005, 11:37 PM
I agree with Kevanie.....Actually, I know the rockets are suspect on alot of calls or miscalls, but does that make me less of a fan? of course not, everybody loves to have their team win and will always say "no, we don't do that" just to protect their team, but i know, the Rockets are a chippy team. But the game of Hockey is as chippy as a team makes it. If they don't get caught, does it make them not guilty? LOL, of course not! If it did, then alot of Rockets and Giants would be innocent men. Yeah right. Sylvester for example. In Game 1. First shift, whistle blows and a giant is down...Sly cross checks the giant again, penalty. WHAT THE HELL SLY! You idiot...Sit out for a game...The Rockets are just as guilty of chippy play as every other team.

kevanie97
03-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Credibilty hit for kevanie! Lamb, Costanzo and Franson are trash-talkers??? Incredible....just incredible... :skeptical

You ever actually watch a game Knuckles? Just about every player on the ice at one time or another hacks the back of the ankles, cross checks a player and talks **** to them........and if they don't they don't last long in the WHL, grab a brain,some WHL knowledge and take your foot out of your mouth before speaking again please........freaking kids.

Jovorock
03-28-2005, 11:09 AM
The guilty party on that play was none other than "Glass Jaw Fistric".
I should of known that Boris Fistric was the guilty party. Boris reminds me of that guy from the Ditect Morgage commercials.