PDA

View Full Version : Undershute's WHL Career Over

Tipped Off
02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
http://afterthewhistle.blogspot.com/

Overage forward Kevin Undershute returned home to Medicine Hat today to await shoulder surgery that will end his final season in the WHL.

Undershute becomes the fourth Winter Hawk to suffer season-ending injuries, joining Riley Boychuk (Hip), Brock Cornish (shoulder) and Lee Morrow (shoulder).

Undershute only appeared in 18 games for Portland, picking up 6-6-12 and 14 PIM's. He will finish his career in the WHL with 189 games played, 40-59-99 and 200 PIM's.

Kevin was a leader on the Hawks, even with not being able to be on the ice as much as everyone would have liked. An unforgetable memory of this season will be the 4-3 Portland win over the Medicine Hat Tigers with Undershute acting as an Assistant Coach with his arm in a sling.

Undershute was a valuable member of the Tigers for the past three years, including wearing an "A" for the 2006-07 WHL Champions. The win in the Hat for the Hawks was a special moment for him, even if he wasn't able to play. The team awarded him with the "hard hat" award that night, one that he wore proudly as the bus left the Arena where he had played so many big games.

On a personal note, its sad to see Kevin finish his WHL career this way as he billeted with my brother and his family and I got to know him very well. He is now a permanent member of the Kemper family.

Best of luck, Kevin...I look forward to seeing your smiling face when we meet again.