PDA

View Full Version : McCrae & Glass

Pete76
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Man, how awesome is it to have these two guys going into the end of the season ... nice trades Speltz!

chiefaholic
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree, Great pick ups by Speltz. These guys are fitting right in. I'm really exited to have these guys in our line-up. So far they have both been huge contributors and have great chemistry with their new team. Keep it up #17 and #3. Great to have you guys on board!! applause

HomerSimpson
02-09-2008, 09:28 AM
The question still remains for me...not on the performance of our two newest members, without a doubt they have been better than advertised...and I thought they'd be good to begin with.

But is our smallish group going to be able to handle the rigors of a playoff run?

tigerfan
02-18-2008, 08:12 AM
He is a great defensive player and it was a steal of a trade for Spokane. Trevor has always been a plus player.

chiefaholic
02-18-2008, 01:01 PM
He is a great defensive player and it was a steal of a trade for Spokane. Trevor has always been a plus player.

Word is the rest of the guys on the team are really loving having Glass here. As well as McCrae. Great guys to have in the locker room , as well as on the ice.

tigerfan
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Word is the rest of the guys on the team are really loving having Glass here. As well as McCrae. Great guys to have in the locker room , as well as on the ice.

You couldn't help but like Trevor Glass. He lived with us for a year and a half, great kid. Pulling for Spokane to win it all and see Trevor get to the memorial cup again. Go Chiefs.

Pete76
02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
man I thought trevor played great on friday and saturday ... hands down the best defender we had on the ice, I think he is setting a great example for the rest of the D-men ... even if the guy is laying on the ice he is still trying to play defense poke-checking pucks away, and man did he have a solid hip check last night on a tri guy

tigerfan
02-24-2008, 02:00 PM
man I thought trevor played great on friday and saturday ... hands down the best defender we had on the ice, I think he is setting a great example for the rest of the D-men ... even if the guy is laying on the ice he is still trying to play defense poke-checking pucks away, and man did he have a solid hip check last night on a tri guy

Trevor will be one of your top defenders every game. He was our best defenceman in the playoffs last year. Speltz stole him from the Tigers.

brawler21
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
HE HAS BEEN FLAT AWESOME the past couple weeks.....coming into his own in spokane and dominating defensive play.....put a topnotch textbook hipcheck last night as well. hes playing some serious clrkthj right now.... applause

chiefaholic
02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Trevor will be one of your top defenders every game. He was our best defenceman in the playoffs last year. Speltz stole him from the Tigers.

I have to agree with you there. Speltz did steal Glass. The more I see him play, the more impressed i am. The kid is all Heart and Hustle. Never lets up. He really seems to instill a confidence in the rest of the D-core that was not always there earlier in the season. He has been helping out big time on the offensive side also since Becoming a chief. He is definatley setting a great example for the younger guys. His playoff caliber experience Is really shining through right now with every game being important at this point. applause

HomerSimpson
02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Did we get a discounted rate because he has had injury problems?

Pete76
02-25-2008, 07:15 PM
MacCrae took a puck off the knee against the tips ... right?

Pete76
05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
One assist for each tonight ... and man did McCrae pay a heavy price ... wow!

I know Falk is drafted ... but IMO Glass is our best defender ...

HomerSimpson
05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
One assist for each tonight ... and man did McCrae pay a heavy price ... wow!

I know Falk is drafted ... but IMO Glass is our best defender ...

Agreed to an extent. I'm going to toss in Jared Spurgeon's name; I think he and Glass are 1-2...put them in whatever order you want.

I hear the Tigers are prosecuting Speltzie for that trade...they're saying we ripped them off. :groovy:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
The question still remains for me...not on the performance of our two newest members, without a doubt they have been better than advertised...and I thought they'd be good to begin with.

But is our smallish group going to be able to handle the rigors of a playoff run?

I guess the answer is YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Glass was very good for you agianst us but did you not give up a 2nd and 4th round pick for him. I would not call that a steal. Just a good deal for both teams.

tigerfan
05-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Glass was very good for you agianst us but did you not give up a 2nd and 4th round pick for him. I would not call that a steal. Just a good deal for both teams.

They gave up a third round pick this year and second in 2010. Talked to a couple scouts (NHL ) and they could not believe the trade as they both said
Spokane got the way better of the deal. Check his plus/minus for his career in the Dub and you will see he has never been in the minus. Their are lots of second and third round picks that don't make the WHL, hoped Tigers would have gotten a younger player instead.

HomerSimpson
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM

More than a steal when you consider we're in the Memorial Cup run now. Look at some of the last few 2nd round picks for the Chiefs who have yet to play in the 'dub full time. They're good players, teams just seem to often opt for players who may/may not play in the league. Whether it's the collegiate route (Dan Nycholat) or whether they just aren't very good (Matt McCue ;) ).

tigerfan
05-10-2008, 09:37 AM
He should have a criminal record for stealing Glass from the Tigers. He should also be credited for getting a good team together to challenge for the Memorial cup. Also congratulations are in order to the coaching staff and players for playing the way they do.