PDA

View Full Version : Blades get very lucky

hobster
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
there is no way we deserved that win tonight Edmonton was all over us like stink on a monkey wow Hlotby was the differance maker just like there head coach said i guess you need a goalie too steal the odd game i almost feel guilty about this win ouch !

hobster
02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
It is true i hype us up alot but man we have loooked like a triplle midget team latle ouch oh well i still love the WHL and always will !!

Tidball
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
How did the kid play?

ProStaff
02-09-2008, 12:10 AM
there is no way we deserved that win tonight Edmonton was all over us like stink on a monkey wow Hlotby was the differance maker just like there head coach said i guess you need a goalie too steal the odd game i almost feel guilty about this win ouch !

What game where you watching? both teams played very well, Edmonton had alot more power plays than we did! and that is why they out shot us! Edmonton wasn't all over us at all, man you should start going to games instead of watching them through the radio!

ProStaff
02-09-2008, 12:13 AM
How did the kid play?
He played awsome, very very fast!!!! great skater, never once looked out of place and was defensivly responsiable aswell, he is going to make the team next year! hands down the best young call up guy that has played for us this year!

ProStaff
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
It is true i hype us up alot but man we have loooked like a triplle midget team latle ouch oh well i still love the WHL and always will !! Don't listen to clown boy, Blades played a very solid game

hobster
02-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Im not a homer i see the game both ways and it's just my personal opinion! And i was also at the game and your wrong Chicki will not make it over Burke Gallimore even, Chicki is way too small looked ok but may not be ready till he is 17, take it eay slugger.

Scout
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
The last line of defence is your goalie and if Holtby was hot and got you the win, good for him. There was many a time last year when with an average team, Moir was the differance is a win or loss and he won us alot of games. I've always liked Holtby and if he gets hot, look out. I realize he has had up and down games but if he was the differance last night then you deserve the win. Good for Holtby.

Scout

ProStaff
02-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Im not a homer i see the game both ways and it's just my personal opinion! And i was also at the game and your wrong Chicki will not make it over Burke Gallimore even, Chicki is way too small looked ok but may not be ready till he is 17, take it eay slugger.

where did I say he would make it beforeBurke os Gallimore? he will make this team next year for sure ! he was awsome again last night, if it wasn't for the full face mask, you wouldn't notice his age!, very fast one of the fastest skaters out there, I would like to see Lorne put him with Fiala and Gillies I think that line would do some damage, also clown boy when have you seen a 15YEAR OLD WIN EVERY FACE -OFF HE TOOK? WHE WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SEEN A 15YEARS PLAY ON THE POWER PLAY? WHEN HAVE YOU SEEN A 15YEAR OLD CRASH THE NET LIKE HIM? WHEN HAVE YOU SEEN A 15YEAR OLD CARRY A PUCK UP THE ICE LIKE HIM? He is going to be a Ryan Keller, Rabbit type player and mark my words he will make this team next year so if any of these young players like Burke Gallimore, iginlas all think they are shoe in's they better think again! and his size doesn't matter when you are as telanted has he is!

ProStaff
02-10-2008, 10:52 AM
The last line of defence is your goalie and if Holtby was hot and got you the win, good for him. There was many a time last year when with an average team, Moir was the differance is a win or loss and he won us alot of games. I've always liked Holtby and if he gets hot, look out. I realize he has had up and down games but if he was the differance last night then you deserve the win. Good for Holtby.

Scout

Listen you guy's a agree Holtby played good! and thats his job! its not like he had an Anton game stopping 60 shots. This was a game between two teams that are near the bottom in the standings. Both teams played well the shots where 32 for Edmonton and 25 for us, its not like they out shot us by alot. and when they had 7 power plays and we had 3 that explains being out shot! Edmontons goallie kept them in the game by making some great stops. so Hobster to say that we look like a migit team is so totally wrong it's not even funny, man you are all over the map! you go on a Blades worship fest and then out of the blue you go on a Blades bashing fest you are so inconsistent it's not even funny!

howley
02-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Khudobin and Holtby in the same sentance? Yikes. Khudobin was alright. Holtby is in another realm compared to Khudobin.

sbtatter
02-10-2008, 11:19 AM
You looked a lot better last night than any other game this year. Earlier it seemed the Blades weren't giving 100%, but last night it was a committed effort. You've a big team, struggle to score, now working hard, it's a platform for next season. What you need to find are a few guys with speed and hands to add a scoring threat....

wango tango
02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
chikie was a lot of fun to watch both games. lot's of speed to burn and created some chances for himself and his linemates. yeah he's not very big, but so what? this team has enough trees we need guys who can fly and who have a good set of hands. i like the way dziurzynski crashed the net a few times. the langkow-toomey-hamilton line has worked its way up. brandon didn't have an answer for the gillies-fiala-durand line. holtby played well both nights and got a help from the defense and forwards blocking and deflecting shots, clearing rebounds, and getting him a good look at the puck.

for brandon, schenn continues to impress, and hildebrand was flashing a good glove hand all night.

Trav
02-10-2008, 02:04 PM

I guess next year's team has already been made up so the Blades should go and cancel next year's training camp and save money cuz oh the team has already been determined by Mr. Know it all Hobster. Saying that Chikie won't make it next year when there's still like half a year left to go before next year's training camp is hilarious. The team is made up during camp, not now and what does Burke Gallmore have to do with him? NOTHING.

ProStaff
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Chikie isn't 15
if you are so smart! how old is he then?

howley
02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I beleive he is 16 but could be wrong.

ProStaff
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks Howley! either way he is a good pick up for the Blades! I like this kid, lots of energy and looks very solid on the puck.

hobster
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I do have too admit that Chicki looked better on saturday in my opinion playing on a line with Hulak and Dziurzynski, im not sure if he will make the team or not tho there is alot of young talent coming through the ranks gonna make for a great training camp. On a side note yes Trav i was imature in saying SUCK IT UP to ProStaff, but he was as well by calling me clown boy i don't apreiciate that either.

Were all Blades fans lets quit bashing each other and start sticking up for our beloved team and not resort too name calling, we are all in tilited to our own opinions ,and i respect other people's views .

GO BLADES GO !! applause

Hawkie
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM

You're correct.