PDA

View Full Version : why is it

scamperdog
03-26-2005, 05:42 PM
why is it that when ever your team goes down to defeat, that the other team always seems to hack, scratch, stick and everything else but the home team is always perfect angels, I can be at games and have fans from other teams next to me watching the same thing but we all see it different, It always amazes me how we get so focused on our own teams and see no wrong except with the ref who most nights we all agree on. :confused:

Jimmy
03-26-2005, 06:01 PM
No, it's the ref.
When you lose, it's because the ref is the worst in the league, not because you were outplayed.

LifelongChiefsFan
03-26-2005, 06:18 PM
The Chiefs were BY FAR the best team in the dub this year. They never once got outplayed. The refs were the ones who screwed them out of a perfect season!! :p

fightstrap50
03-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I watched the last period of the Vancouver and Kelowna game last night, and I have to say that if any fans of the Rockets say that they are not the chippiest, dirty, clutch and grab team, they would have to be high on glue. Man the Rockets get away with everything out there, I saw probly 4 shots to the back of the heads of giant players and cross check after cross check! Even my girlfriend was saying how bad they are! and thats a shock! Clean it up out there Rockets, noone likes watching that style of hockey, and what did it do for them? nothing Vancouver took em out! good on ya Giants! way to go! GO ICE GO!!! :thumb:

kelownakarl
03-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Couture was dirty last night for the Rockets, as was Keller. But Keller is always dirty, Slashing, high sticking you name it he will do it.... Defends himself with a stick, thats putrid hockey, chicken you know what if you ask this fan of the game! For the Giants, it seemed like old JD Watt was up to his usual hackin wackin and gettin in everyones faces and of course Fistric was hacking.... EVERYONE DOES IT SO STOP THE BS'in!

RunTheGoalie
03-26-2005, 07:05 PM
why is it that when ever your team goes down to defeat, that the other team always seems to hack, scratch, stick and everything else but the home team is always perfect angels, I can be at games and have fans from other teams next to me watching the same thing but we all see it different, It always amazes me how we get so focused on our own teams and see no wrong except with the ref who most nights we all agree on. :confused:

The AJHL playoffs have been terrible for that this season. It was especially funny seeing the fans of one team (Drumheller) blame the referee for their being swept, and outscored 18-3 in the process.

Much of the complaints comes from one simple fact: there is no such thing as an objective observer. Even people with no direct attachement to a team arent objective, as they are colouring their beliefs based on who they want to see win.

As such, we tend to see injustices committed against our team whether they exist or not. 99% of time, the apparent bad calls fall into one of two categories: either our biasses get in the way, or we have a view of a play the referee does not. Officials are only human, and they cant see everything.

Very, very rarely does a referee make a blatantly bad decision that potentially changes the outcome of the game. Kerry Fraser in game 4 of the SCF's is the only one that comes to mind, and even then, there is no guarantee that the outcome would have been any different.

grumphy
03-27-2005, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Very, very rarely does a referee make a blatantly bad decision that potentially changes the outcome of the game.[/QUOTE]
Boy have you missed a few games this season. This from an ex ref.

grumphy
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=raiderfan17zalasky is the worst[/QUOTE]
Yea and we were blessed with his inteligents last night against the Rebs, but to be fair he only really screwed up on a few calls----one of his better games for sure.
One thing about the reffs in this league the sure add that extra sense of tension when you find out which one you will be blessed with on any given night. Makes the whole game somewhat of a crap shoot :)