PDA

View Full Version : Nachbaur

TriFan2005
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
what did our coach do/say to get the game?

kaniksu
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Even Craig West was fired up! I couldn't believe what he was saying about the Portland player (Aaron McGill) on the radio. He said he would bite his tongue and not say anything else.

Definitely like to hear a Portland fans opinion on what happened. I hate being stuck on the radio trying to guess what is going on!

HAF
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
It wasnt Nachbaur, it was assistant coach Terry Virtue. When McGill ran Pickard there was no call on it. Apperantly Virtue had some interesting things to say to the ref and got tossed and the Ams were assessed a bench minor. There will be a response at some point and I'd be willing to bet McGill will have to answer the bell with McColm on Sunday.

dagley
02-15-2008, 01:22 AM
Are there such thing as Winterhawk fans?

dubnut
02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
What is happening to your team? Is it as bad as it sounds? What's the answer? Do you folks not care about a team down there? The other US teams seem to be doing very well...is it ownership? management?

Tipped Off
02-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Not sure if you've noticed, but the threads about the "rumors" in Portland are either being heavily moderated or deleted alltogether. Not by me, but I do agree with that policy. There are multiple places the rumors can be discussed. On this board we want to try and keep it to only the facts.

Thanks

HAF
02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
There is a discussion going on in the General forum regarding the article in Drinnans blog.

As Tipped Off has stated, at this point they are rumours. From the sounds of it the league is investigating and as news and info is made to the media we will then discuss it freely. The problem I have with rumours without proof is that what may start as a simple rumour has the ability to snow ball and grow to full out propaganda as has happened on other whl message boards lately. While I agree that there is definately some fishy stuff happening in Stumptown I think its best to get facts before we publicly discuss our views and feelings of these happenings.

localguy
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Completely agree, I know a couple kids playing down there, and have not heard any of this to be true. And for their sake and all the others involved I certainly hope that it is just rumors flying out of control.

Sorcere
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
We care about our team and we sincerely hope that the allegations of player mistreatment is untrue. Unfortunately, even as a season ticket holder, the Winter Hawks front office is not exactly forthcoming with any off ice information. I was extremely disappointed to hear about any of this, but am glad that the League is looking into the situation. Quite frankly, all of this is extremely embarrassing to Portland and the league as a whole. In my opinion this ownership group has no business running day to day hockey operations and apparently cannot even handle day to day business transactions. I fear for the future of our once proud franchise.

dubnut
02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
We care about our team and we sincerely hope that the allegations of player mistreatment is untrue. Unfortunately, even as a season ticket holder, the Winter Hawks front office is not exactly forthcoming with any off ice information. I was extremely disappointed to hear about any of this, but am glad that the League is looking into the situation. Quite frankly, all of this is extremely embarrassing to Portland and the league as a whole. In my opinion this ownership group has no business running day to day hockey operations and apparently cannot even handle day to day business transactions. I fear for the future of our once proud franchise.

Hey it was nice to read of someone who seems to genuinely care about what happens to the team. As I posted elsewhere on this site, a lot rests with people like you, fans who still care about and stay with the team. I know it is hard to stay interested when a team flounders because for us as fans we look at it as entertainment and for entertainment to hold our attention it needs to be fun. It's not a lot of fun to watch your team lose and lose and lose. But for the players it is their life. Their ticket to something bigger, the NHL, the AHL, college, etc so how these years are experienced will forever be etched in who they become as adults in their world. To that end, if we bail out when things look bleak, we are not just abandoning something that's not fun for something that is fun, we are leaving behind kids who need us even in the small role we play. It is not human nature to fill an arena and scream for our players when they are down, night after night but imagine what it would do for these kids if something like that happened? I have an amazing respect for your goaltenders (and for the others). They and especially Muchka has stayed with the team for both of these miserable years, obviously an excellent and skilled player who could have gone far in another team. I'd go night after night just to watch a kid like that. My utmost respect to this young man and his teammates.