PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial name the Chilliwack team thread

Rooselk
03-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Given the way the Ams fans are feeling right now about Porter and his crew, Pirates or Buccaneers might be appropriate names for the Chilliwack team. But perhaps you have a better suggestion. I'd love to hear what folks would suggest for the Chilliwack team name, and why.

ihlemic10
03-26-2005, 08:34 PM
This a total joke, hopefully noone is offended. The team should be the beans becuase they have chili in the name.

ScottyWazz
03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
My fiancee said name them the "Ers." That's right-- think about it....

Hitman
03-27-2005, 10:06 AM
My fiancee said name them the "Ers." That's right-- think about it....

Naughty. ;)

I don't know... The muskrats...

fightstrap50
03-27-2005, 03:34 PM
because of ignorant greedy owners
the Chilliwack Greenbacks :burningma

Hitman
03-27-2005, 03:37 PM
because of ignorant greedy owners
the Chilliwack Greenbacks :burningma

How can you call the owners greedy? They were losing money, not making any profit at all, and had a very small fanbase, that they could not increase no matter what they tried. They are doing what is best for the team, and themselves... Can't blame them for wanting to make a profit with their investment.

kelownakarl
03-27-2005, 03:59 PM
the Chilliwack cornhuskers

HAF
03-27-2005, 04:13 PM
You'd better wait till after the vote before you go pickin' names and designing jerseys...

fightstrap50
03-27-2005, 04:19 PM
i was just saying a name that came off the top of my head. The owners have lost money from previous profit margins, but are they actually in the red for real? as in paying out of pocket to run the bus around! Newer marketing strategies do help, they just have to be more open minded, its a terrible thing to move a team from a good fan base, before new coaching and management are tried, They will have to create a winning team for fans to support in any market they play in. or it will be the same story over again. thats all i meant

grumphy
03-27-2005, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=They will have to create a winning team for fans to support in any market they play in. or it will be the same story over again. thats all i meant[/QUOTE]
Bottom line, management must get with the program no matter where they go. If a real effort had been made in Tri, things would be different. In the Hat it was only the really dedicated, (or really stupid) that came out game after game in the lean years.

RDRebelsfan
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
You'd better wait till after the vote before you go pickin' names and designing jerseys...

What he said...

However here are some suggestions:

Chilliwack Canadians
Chilliwack Thunder
Chilliwack Storm
Chilliwack Eagles
Chilliwack Wolves
Chilliwack Canucks
Chilliwack Royals
Chilliwack Mustangs
Chilliwack Stars
Chilliwack Vipers
Chilliwack Hornets
Chilliwack XTreme
Chilliwack Cobras
Chilliwack Kodiaks
Chilliwack Grizzlies

C.F
03-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Chilliwack Chiefs

That could get a little confusing ;)

RDRebelsfan
03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
That could get a little confusing ;)

Oops Brain...Fart....a lil edit...will fix that lol.

BWK
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Chilliwack is going to have to draw from the whole area, not just the City of Chilliwack.

How about the Fraser Valley Falcons :confused:

C.F
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Chilliwack is going to have to draw from the whole area, not just the City of Chilliwack.

How about the Fraser Valley Falcons :confused: Chilliwack has a lot of people to draw from. Less than a half an hour away from Chilliwack, there's Abbotsford, a city with more than 100, 000 people. They'll be fine.

BWK
03-28-2005, 05:25 AM
I agree CF. I re-read my post and I guess I worded it wrong.

Chilliwack will be an excellent market in the WHL but I was trying to say, make the area buy into the team, not just the city. Let the fans in Abbotsford and Hope and the whole valley take ownership in it, much like all the fans in Saskatchewan take ownership in the Riders, or the fans in BC with the Lions.

You can never have too many supporters.

OHLArenaGuide
03-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Whatever you pick, don't take a name that's already in use in the Q or the O. It's always bugged me that there's two Rockets and two Tigers in the CHL.

RunTheGoalie
03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
What he said...

However here are some suggestions:

Chilliwack Canadians
Chilliwack Thunder
Chilliwack Storm
Chilliwack Eagles
Chilliwack Wolves
Chilliwack Canucks
Chilliwack Royals
Chilliwack Mustangs
Chilliwack Stars
Chilliwack Vipers
Chilliwack Hornets
Chilliwack XTreme
Chilliwack Cobras
Chilliwack Kodiaks
Chilliwack Grizzlies

Well, you got almost every AJHL team name in there (It's Grizzlys, BTW) ;)

But you left out the Chilliwack Oilers, Chilliwack Crusaders, Chilliwack Saints (hah!), etc. ;)

Chilliwack Chilliwackians?

iamcdn
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Please excuse my lack of knowledge with Chilliwack and the surrounding area, but is it known for anything? Maybe something really special in the area? For example, St. John's Fog Devils (re: the fog in Newfoundland).

How about the Can-Americans? :laugh: not sure if that would work out at all.

I agree with OHLArenaGuide, I hope its not a name that is already in use
(in the CHL).

Brad
03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
How about Chilliwack Pack? Or Chilliwack Wankers...imagine the logo.

For the carnival fans out there Chilliwack A-Moles.

Of course if they expect to be successful maybe the Chilliwack Lemmings

Jovorock
03-28-2005, 02:19 PM
How about Chilliwack Cowpucks!

For you posters that have never drove through Chilliwack on the Trans Canada, even with the windows closed it smells really bad.

C.F
03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Please excuse my lack of knowledge with Chilliwack and the surrounding area, but is it known for anything? Maybe something really special in the area? For example, St. John's Fog Devils (re: the fog in Newfoundland).

How about the Can-Americans? :laugh: not sure if that would work out at all.

I agree with OHLArenaGuide, I hope its not a name that is already in use
(in the CHL).
Chilliwack is a huge farming town. The Chilliwack Mad Cows? :laugh:

RunTheGoalie
03-28-2005, 07:02 PM

The Chilliwack Blunts?

fightstrap50
03-28-2005, 09:59 PM
yeah the blunts and they can be red green and yellow in colors. or just dress em as mushrooms and call them the hallucinagins :D

Jovorock
03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Chilliwack is a huge farming town. The Chilliwack Mad Cows? :laugh:
Mad Cows is also very good. At least that's alittle tougher than Mighty Ducks!