PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs Swift Current

armypower
02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Should be a good one today @ the Dome,Hopefully
the Hitmen can rebound from Friday night's loss

sbtatter
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
How could the ref wave off that goal Calgary scored on the first shift? The whistle hadn't gone....

sbtatter
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
How could the ref wave off that goal Calgary scored on the first shift? The whistle hadn't gone....Holy, the Hitmen are laying a physical beatdown on the Bronco's but haven't been able to score yet....

RunTheGoalie
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
How could the ref wave off that goal Calgary scored on the first shift? The whistle hadn't gone....

The rulebook actually states that the play is dead when the referee intends to blow the whistle, not when he actually does. That said, if Thiessen was in position, he would have known that puck was loose, and counted the goal.

Then again, judging by his calling of penalties in the 2nd, it seems outright malevolence is a far more likely reason for the actions of this particular official than simple incompetence. He was flat out looking to call Calgary on anything while ignoring the exact same infractions by Swift Current. In fact, Thiessen called every single penalty on Calgary that period. Every. One. Disgusting display of officiating by Thiessen, who is rapidly becoming one of my least favourite referees in the dub.

As far as the Hitmen go, they played a flat out STUPID hockey game tonight. The ice at the dome was atrocious, even worse than usual. So why in the hell were they constantly trying little touch passes and give-and-gos that failed every single time? SIMPLIFY. Drive the net, put pucks on goal, look for rebounds. Kisio never adjusted, and things didn't change at any point for Calgary.

sbtatter
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
The rulebook actually states that the play is dead when the referee intends to blow the whistle, not when he actually does.
Ha, i didn't know that rule, i thinks that just gives the ref "wiggle room"...Should be when the whistle sounds imo....

CJSenterprise4
02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Lose a game...just a mini rut like the pats were in. No big deal. I am actually glad the broncos think they are the best team ever now and are on a got streak. When they get close to and hit the playoffs they won't be so hot b/c they won't win 30 in a row

transplantedbronco
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Lose a game...just a mini rut like the pats were in. No big deal. I am actually glad the broncos think they are the best team ever now and are on a got streak. When they get close to and hit the playoffs they won't be so hot b/c they won't win 30 in a row

We dont think we are the best team ever. We are however realizing that we can play with any team right now and that will give the players alot of confidence come playoffs. When we play our game we can beat the best teams.

RunTheGoalie
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Unless, of course, the best teams are also playing "their game".