PDA

View Full Version : after math of it all

wardog fan
02-10-2008, 05:30 PM
well i didnt really want to type up anything but i felt i needed to get some things off my chest. this weekend in my mind was billed up and for the most part was a success minus the two losses for the tribe side. anytime you can help out your organization in a weekend like this and see old players from the past and play your rival team in a home and home its exciting to say the least. after the weekend my thoughts have changed some, alot of people think we are going for glory, and i agree with the trades we made mr lang made a statement . the trades we made were decent to say the least i liked them , ellerby and wishart have been discent and log alot of ice and work well with our young defense which will benefit our club next year our defense will be good. i think the loss of reige has hurt us some but i like what evan fuller brings to the team, he works hard. i think the trade that still baffles me is the broda deal. i like him and being 18 he will help next year , but holzapfel's play is mere average in my books , granted hes missed some time but i think he misses reese more then anything. broda has 26 goals hes a sniper, but a sniper who missed alot of chances here friday . i think with reese here holzy has 20 plus goals and reese would also be racking pts up like he is in tri cities. the question i have about this deal is why? you go out and get older with wishart , ellerby and fuller, who quite possible the latter fuller will be the only one returning next year. you lose mclaren and if reese was still here , i liked the chances of him coming back as a 20 yr old. so the question i ask is why pull that deal so soon into the year and not wait it out and add the pieces we did with reese in the lineup? i had heard he wanted to be traded but thats beside the point right now, the trade to me at this time doesnt add up , we miss him alot. well with that said, i still like our team but i think hunchak needs to reel the reins in and not allow our team to get into penelty trouble. we need to at this point of the season shut the door on teams when we have a lead, we have surrender way to many games in the final minutes i add up those games we are in first place by 10 pts.lol but thats hockey . you need to play a full 60 minute game night in and night out, yes the players are teenagers and its tough maybe to get up for every game but our lackluster play last night showed we just didnt seem to have that killer instinct that seperated regina from us.

joey perricone , what has gone into him. hes looked shacky at best for awhile , i would say since swift came to town and knocked him out early in the 1st. i would think he is rattled and the team is rattled right now. that late tieing goal in moose jaw friday night may or may not been his fault it looked redirected but that had to be a huge blow to morale for a team who played so well that night . the group around me in my section where i have season tickets agree with me and our final 5 mins of a game is scary to be nice, perfect example was saskatoon scoring 2 shorties on us in the last 2 mins to tie and force a shootout. leaders like mclaren, wishart, ellerby, holzapfel, and perricone as well need to address this team and focus on the final month, not all is lost i still believe but for us to be a true contender we need to up the level of play, and shut the door and have that killer instinct.

regina looks good with bartley and bender, bartley is a stud, i like his game...

i dont know what is with grantham and mclaren as of late either, seems to be playing with a nasty chip and forgetting to play the game. their not hurting us but not doing much either as of late... my thought of it all, you cant win in the penelty box, or sitting in the press box with suspensions. i do believe we miss hamonic alot. he should be skating this week and could bring some much added confidence and get this team back on a roll... this conference right now is too tight to be slacking off every second night , 2 pts are huge every night and means home ice or night , night in and night oout.... hopefully things will get back on track wedesday agaisnt p.a, and we can get on a roll and finish strong and with confidence to succeed in the playoffs, a 1st round exit would be a huge dissappointment in my books and alot of anwers will be demanded ...

wardog fan
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
02/11/08 Moose Jaw $2,500.00 for post-game incident at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Moose Jaw $500.00 for failure to make players available for media following game at Regina on Feb. 9.
02/11/08 Dave Hunchak Moose Jaw $500.00 for game misconduct at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Frazer McLaren Moose Jaw Three games for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Terrance Delaronde Moose Jaw One game for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Ryley Grantham Moose Jaw One game for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Josh Elder Regina Two games for actions versus Moose Jaw on February 9.
02/11/08 Regina $500.00 for post-game incident versus Moose Jaw on February 9.
all i really have to ask is , was this worth it? you have 3,500$ in fines and 5 games lost in suspensions, when its the final month of the season and playoff drive time... if the boys should be pissed it was the game we blew in moose jaw we lost fair and square in regina and we go and do this... anyone with common sense would realize regina wasnt going to play fistacuffs with us after all their fines and suspensions, we stooped to their level and maybe worse in my books, total disgrace if you ask me... mclaren just got back from a suspension what good is he to us in the press box? lets give our heads a shake boys and get back to that team who wrapped off 11 unbeaten games and 11 games with at least point and get some diginity and pride for the playoffs... in all fairness the team two years ago wouldnt have done this and that was speed and skill and a team who would never give up, i think we need to look back to that team who went to a whl final and wake up boys....

agent
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
02/11/08 Moose Jaw $2,500.00 for post-game incident at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Moose Jaw $500.00 for failure to make players available for media following game at Regina on Feb. 9.
02/11/08 Dave Hunchak Moose Jaw $500.00 for game misconduct at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Frazer McLaren Moose Jaw Three games for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Terrance Delaronde Moose Jaw One game for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Ryley Grantham Moose Jaw One game for actions at Regina on February 9.
02/11/08 Josh Elder Regina Two games for actions versus Moose Jaw on February 9.
02/11/08 Regina $500.00 for post-game incident versus Moose Jaw on February 9.
all i really have to ask is , was this worth it? you have 3,500$ in fines and 5 games lost in suspensions, when its the final month of the season and playoff drive time... if the boys should be pissed it was the game we blew in moose jaw we lost fair and square in regina and we go and do this... anyone with common sense would realize regina wasnt going to play fistacuffs with us after all their fines and suspensions, we stooped to their level and maybe worse in my books, total disgrace if you ask me... mclaren just got back from a suspension what good is he to us in the press box? lets give our heads a shake boys and get back to that team who wrapped off 11 unbeaten games and 11 games with at least point and get some diginity and pride for the playoffs... in all fairness the team two years ago wouldnt have done this and that was speed and skill and a team who would never give up, i think we need to look back to that team who went to a whl final and wake up boys....

you mean this team from 2 years ago?

GAME SUMMARY 1001400

Friday, December 16, 2005 - Status: Final
as of Sat January 12, 2008 06:57 PM
[ View Scorers Sheet ] [ Text Box Score ]

SCORING 1 2 3 Total
Moose Jaw Warriors 0 0 0 0
Regina Pats 2 2 1 5
Penalties
1 - REG Sievert, 0:23 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
1 - M.J Wray, 1:57 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
1 - M.J Brouwer, 3:41 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
1 - M.J Brouwer, 9:37 - Unsportsmanlike Cnd. , 2 min (PP)
1 - M.J Brouwer, 9:37 - Major-Check/behind , 5 min (PP)
1 - M.J Brouwer, 9:37 - Game Misconduct , 10 min
1 - M.J Jones, 10:59 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - REG Robinson, 10:59 - Roughing , 2 min
1 - REG Leffler, 19:00 - Delay of Game , 2 min (PP)
2 - REG Leffler, 2:15 - Charging , 2 min (PP)
2 - REG Fauth, 4:28 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
2 - M.J Ehrhardt, 7:12 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - REG Served By Duval, 11:23 - Too Many Men , 2 min (PP)
2 - M.J Gillen, 14:55 - Slashing , 2 min
2 - REG Schira, 14:55 - Roughing , 2 min
2 - REG McDonald, 15:26 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - REG Ross, 16:44 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - M.J Lepp, 18:02 - Ob-Tripping , 2 min (PP)
3 - M.J Chapman, 0:02 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - REG Bernhardt, 0:02 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - M.J McKenzie, 3:20 - Boarding , 2 min (PP)
3 - REG Deck, 4:26 - Inter. on Goaltender , 2 min (PP)
3 - REG Ross, 4:46 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
3 - M.J Smith, 7:20 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - M.J Henry, 9:55 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
3 - REG Deck, 12:45 - Ob-Hold Opp. Stick , 2 min (PP)
3 - M.J Henry, 16:24 - Cross Checking , 2 min (PP)
3 - REG Sievert, 19:37 - Ob-Tripping , 2 min (PP)

Three Stars Ice Officials

1. REG - 30 David Reekie
2. REG - 18 Justin Bernhardt
3. REG - 10 Matt Robinson

wardog fan
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
no the team that went to the finals i was referring too.. and yes **** happens their teenagers, sure alot of pim's in a game so what look at the entire season and we were the least penelized team in our conference , most highest scoring team and hands down one of the most exciting teams to watch that year . big reason why our rink was sold out most of the year and we were treated to a playoff ride we have never seen before. my point is , is it worth the bs to have tough guys i mean hockey players sitting out important games. i like guys who defend our players but who knows maybe this past weekend was a wakeup call we needed and the boys will get back on track. i just think its alot of money our team shouldnt have to fork up and games losted becuase of teenagers being teenagers aftwer a game and not being professional..

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
The reason Reese was gone is because he asked for a trade. Obviously Broda is a good player, but a downgrade from Reese this season. A different type of player too.

Perricone played well last game, and if not for him the score would have been worse. Rowat was playing crappy for awhile, but he obviously has put those games behind him after stepping up and winning us these games. Perricone is a very inconsistant goalie, though Im sure he will get back into the fold like many times before.

wardog fan
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
wow you would think the people on network 54 were going to these games just for the fights, wow.lol honestly what do you expect from two teams of teenagers playing in a home and home series, your going to get fireworks . but from what i hear i think the young men on the ice were more mature then alot in the stands. that says alot doesnt it........ another good thing i guess the pats come to the jaw one more time, can you say sell out... if i was a promoter, and i can be lol, wow

Fight Guy
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah, thinking that a trip maybe in store for March 12th. Not sure what's gonna happen, but we can bet it's gonna be a hell of a game either way.

Hatguy
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
It's good to see some sparks in the rivalry. vc119 Should be an exciting stretch run now, imagine if we meet in the playoffs.

wardog fan
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
im a die hard warrior fan, and hatguy lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. im not so much worried about playing regina in the playoffs as i am more worried about our play as of late. this team is not playing like a contender in my eyes and they keep it up a early exit will be a sure thing. too much talent on our club and its frustrating to see it go to waste by sitting in a press box. you dont think that our leading scorer and bast will be hurt by this? im not saying what all is bad im just making a point our team is underacheiving at the moment and to me its not the time for that we need to get back to where we were before x-mas and ride on some momentum and play hockey and crash and bang and use some speed and stay out of the penelty box and not let teams take advantage on special teams, and when we have a lead we shut the door.. is there another team in this league who has blown as many leads in the 3rd period or a step further in the final 5 mins as we have? i guess the 1st half of the season we had only 1 1st rounder on our back end, but now no excuses when you have 2 1st rounders in ellerby and wishart, they need to be shut down period... but im hoping what happened this weekend woke the boys up....

patsdude114
02-12-2008, 07:05 PM
When the Warriors made that deal with the Americans (Reese for Broda) i was like wow the Warriors god a steal in that deal, got a 18 yr old with alot of upside but yet a very good player at the moment. I really dont know why people are complaining with this deal the Warriors arnt really deep at the 18 yr old age group and to add a player like Broda was a great move by Lang.

Lang was looking out for the future in that deal forsure, but yet through away alot of the future for Wishart. Yes Wishart is a great defencemen but for a rental player I didnt think the Warriors needed to bring in a player like that especially with his cost. I didnt think the Warriors need a offensive first Dman as the Warriors have a very potent offence already, in my mind the Warriors have the best top 6 forwards in our division. I would of thought the Warriors would of landed a guy like Jeff May more defensive and physical on the backend, yes May is 20yrs old but im sure a guy like Delronde could of been expendable as a 20 yr old. Wouldnt of took much to replace a guy like that as a 18yr old or 19yr old.

Im not knocking any deals that Lang has made this season as he is taking a run at things. It just didnt make much sence that at the begining of the season he trades Reese (and yes i know Reese asked for a deal) for a younger player but then turns around and gets a 19yr old rental player in Wishart and throws away Maylan (and i know he asked for a trade too) and this years 1st rounder. Im not sure how many teams were willing to part wih their 1st round pick plus a former 1st rounder (in Maylan) but i am guessing not many if anyone else. If this deal would of been made back in November i could of seen it more then, but at trade deadline for what a total of around 20 games o me didnt make sence. But with that said i tip my hat to Lang for pulling off that deal for a chance at another run in the playoffs, I personally think that Wishart plays too soft of a game to make him a threat in the playoffs. Time will tell how this deal pays off. A early exit by the Warriors and this deal becomes a crap shoot for Lang with im sure alot of questions going his way also.

One thing i do like about the deals that Parker did was that he didnt scarfice any future, yes he traded away Miller but, Miller was suppose to make our team this year but Mitchell took his spot. Yes we have alot of 19 yr olds but outside of Pyett (as hes expected to play in the AHL if gets a deal) they all could be back nexted season as a 20 yr old could be decent trade bait in the offseason.

COuld be a 1st round match up between the Pats and Warriors could be very interesting series to say the least:)

Hatguy
02-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I think we'll see an impact to our play when Hamonic comes back, which is supposed to be very soon. Once we have our full team out on the ice I'm confident that we can make some noise, how much of it is really up to what the guys do because we both know that the talent is there. I haven't been impressed with their play (the games I've seen recently), but I have faith that we can get back on track here.

Bran
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I can't read the last few comments. :( Weird.

Nevermind, now that I posted this, the rest show up.