PDA

View Full Version : Series Tied; Top Line sighting

ScottyWazz
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, the Hitmen got on the winning track with a 3-2 win over Lethbridge to get a 1-1 series draw coming back to Cowtown. It was good to see the top line all get goals. They need to step it up a little more to make a huge impact, but better to start somewhere that to sit on their duffs.

WHL Gamesheet. (http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1000966)

RunTheGoalie
03-26-2005, 11:54 PM
THAT was more like what I expected from the Hitmen.

Nice to see Ladd finally contribute as well.

Rob Kerr said that 12,000 tickets have already been sold for game 3, and 11,000 for game 4.

Mileflames
03-27-2005, 01:04 AM
I can't see more than 15,000 ish for each of the two home games, this team has something to prove before we will see more sell outs.

Great game tonight boys

Hitman
03-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Excellent game last night, glad to see the series all tied up. :D

Nielson11
03-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Good effort from the Hitmen in Game 2.....I think Pogge deserves more credit then the first line though, for a couple of reasons.

The BIG LINE didn't score a goal TOGETHER at even strength.

When Getzlaf scored he was out their with Merkly and someone else.
Landholt Power-play
Ladd - shorty

They are starting to put it together though.

Pogge faced more shots then his counterpart and once again kept the Hitmen in the game in the first 10 minutes. Made a couple of big saves...could have been 3-0 10 minutes in......Hitmen didn't register their first shot until around the 8 minute mark of the first.

All in all...series has been as expected.

RunTheGoalie
03-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I can't see more than 15,000 ish for each of the two home games, this team has something to prove before we will see more sell outs.

Great game tonight boys

15,000 for the first round is remarkable in itself.

Last year the Hitmen were hoping for 10,000, and got 8000.

I was figuring on crowds around our average for the first couple games, and advance sales have already surpassed that.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Calgary is a Hockeytown, plain and simple. With no Flames Hockey, people are turning to the WHL, and likeing it quite a bit. The players are not getting paid millions of dollars, the fans like the game and the players. Leagues like the WHL definatly benefit in a big way from the NHL lockout, fan support is off the charts.