PDA

View Full Version : We ARE the WORST! (over the past 3 games)

Pete76
02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Seriously ...

2-7 vs Tri
0-2 vs Seattle
7-9 vs Seattle (5 given up in the first period)

I'm sure the boys are tired from the over and back over the pass, but what gives for the game vs tri? At least we tried to come back tonight, and I do thank the guys for the effort in that regard ... lets hope we get this thing back rollin' before the playoffs ... I can't remember one time in the last 10 years when we have given up 5 goals in a single period, and I hope we don't do it again for a long time!

TriFan2005
02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
hey now that game on saturday was a great game. i wish the chiefs could play that way more often.

any of ya'll civil fans plan on coming down saturday?

Pete76
02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
hey now that game on saturday was a great game. i wish the chiefs could play that way more often.

any of ya'll civil fans plan on coming down saturday?

you like those shorthand 2-1 breakaways we give you, don't you;)

dondo
02-12-2008, 01:25 AM
just saw the score holy crap -- what was it like being at that game? Crazy stuff .. also looked like the refs weren't out of hand either -- even with the loss it must have been ahell of a game to be there for.

pete you have nothing to worry about -- your team after having a few middling seasons is top of the league and dominating -- the question is whether they can continue their streak through the playoffs. I, for one, hope not, but maybe that's because we don't seem to match up well against the Chiefs. ;)

Ams4life
02-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd like to congradulate you on helping us in the race for first! What the heck happend the last few nights? that is crazy and totaly out of character for this spokane team!

brawler21
02-12-2008, 02:05 AM
the only thing i can come up with as "fact" not theory is the change up on lines/defensive pairings.........peteys searching and trying a billion different things right now........i'm hoping it pays off down the road......

HomerSimpson
02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
just saw the score holy crap -- what was it like being at that game? Crazy stuff .. also looked like the refs weren't out of hand either -- even with the loss it must have been ahell of a game to be there for.

pete you have nothing to worry about -- your team after having a few middling seasons is top of the league and dominating -- the question is whether they can continue their streak through the playoffs. I, for one, hope not, but maybe that's because we don't seem to match up well against the Chiefs. ;)

I just don't get people's infatuation with high scoring games. Personally, I enjoy tough defensive battles more --- not the kind with only 20 shots apiece, but the kind where no matter how hard a team plays, they can't seem to solve the other's goaltender...when you get a game with two goaltenders playing that way, that makes for real excitement.

The game last night, honestly, was like watching a bad D-level rec. league game where both teams' goalies didn't show up to play. It was a pathetic display of hockey by both teams, one with little or no emotion and way too many scoring chances. It wasn't really fun to watch at all --- unless you're a big stat guy I guess.

Hopefully the Chiefs get their heads out of their hindquarters this week. Perhaps a 4 day rest is just what the doctor ordered.

I, for one, will be in Kennewick on Saturday night...I sure as heck hope we slaughter them in their barn. We may not have the offensive weapons the Ams have, but we have a ton of heart. You Tri-City fans better hope we don't get up a couple of goals --- we can pour it on just as hard as you guys did.

See ya'll Saturday night vc119

TriFan2005
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
i personally would HATE to be at a 9-7 hockey game. i also enjoy the hard fought low scoring defensive games, i don't enjoy a game with 2 hot goalies though because it is almost always decided on a sill garbage goal or decided by a dumb ref's call.

where are you sitting saturday so i can rub it in after yellow buries you guys again?

anyway i sure hope it's a good game and i really hope that it doesnt come down to reffing because i'd sure hate to see us getting penalized and the chiefs giving up shorties decide the game

HomerSimpson
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
i personally would HATE to be at a 9-7 hockey game. i also enjoy the hard fought low scoring defensive games, i don't enjoy a game with 2 hot goalies though because it is almost always decided on a sill garbage goal or decided by a dumb ref's call.

where are you sitting saturday so i can rub it in after yellow buries you guys again?

anyway i sure hope it's a good game and i really hope that it doesnt come down to reffing because i'd sure hate to see us getting penalized and the chiefs giving up shorties decide the game

Don't have our tickets yet...we usually just buy them at the front office to save the tickets west fees. We're poor college folk.

Where do you sit? Maybe I can come over and let you rub it in after Yellow buries us again. :(

Ams4life
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I honestly think that Spokane is going to come out with a score to settle. They where embarrassed when we kicked their butt the other night and they want to get some payback! I just hope that we show up and play our game! Yellow Horn will be lurking in the corners, slot, and probably everywhere else. vci11

TriFan2005
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
well for tommorow i'll be in section F sporting my Ams 3rd jersey (the red one). as far as getting walk up tickets for the game good luck man it's gunna be a tad bit full.

i know spokane will come out firing, after the beatings the got from us and seattle i'm sure it was a long week of hard work for them and they're way to good of a team to lose more than consecutive games (4 if everett can help us out tonight). hopefully the ams can come out playing hard too.

AMSRocker
02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I honestly think that Spokane is going to come out with a score to settle. They where embarrassed when we kicked their butt the other night and they want to get some payback! I just hope that we show up and play our game! Yellow Horn will be lurking in the corners, slot, and probably everywhere else. vci11
Embarrassed... Not sure that fully covers what we did to them! 10,300+ had seen the AMS just stomp the crap out of them and then they dropped the next two in a big way! We will see if they have hit bottom and start the rebound or keep crashing down the stairs tonight. Boogaard'd

HomerSimpson
02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
We usually call up before the game and make sure there's still availability before we make the trip...we usually do just fine.

Maybe a little bit in defense of our play of late. The team has had a flu bug passed through the room a bit...maybe that has something to do with it? Hopefully, it wasn't a sign of things to come for us.

Ams4life
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Tonight is a four point night and it means a awful lot in the standings! either you guys can gain some quick ground on us or lose a lot more. From your perspective you can't afford to lose anymore with this few of games left! This is a big game for both teams!

Rebelchild
02-16-2008, 02:03 PM
DEAR clrkthj HOCKEY GODS,

Please, PLEASE, give us refs who have actually read the rule book and know the correct signals to use when they call a penalty. Make them aware that there are TWO teams that they can call penalties on. We want to be fair now!

Please, PLEASE, bring together the two BEST teams, healthy and at least close to full strength.

Make sure that there is a full arena with a lot of cheering dancing pi , applause , and maybe a few vc119 just to keep things entertaining. (Please, PLEASE leave the majors and the game misconducts at home! Nothing more than 5 minutes even if there is blood!)

Let fans of all colors join together for good times, a few stories, a little GOOD NATURED ribbing and the chance to watch GREAT HOCKEY!

That said - GOOOOOO CHIEFFFFFSSSSSS!!!!!

Ams4life
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
You forgot one thing....PLEASE let Yellow Horn play like he did the last time we played the Chiefs!!

HomerSimpson
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Nobody wanted to lose that one, eh? What a defensive struggle by both teams. A couple of ugly goals later, the Chiefs prevail.

Ended up sitting in section HH all the way at the top because that's what was available. Sat near the Chiefs' section leaders/employees who had made the trip, which made for an exciting cheering section. The guy in section H to our right was a bit of an idiot to start with, but ended up warming up to us and shook some of our hands after the game. Was still a bit of an annoyance with his jeering, but at least he wasn't a complete bafoon.

Great game though --- Letts vs. McColm was sure a heavyweight bout right at center ice. Tokarski stole the 2nd period for the Chiefs...the Ams had a ton of point blank chances on him and he just stood his ground. Good to see the team get their A game back, and it should be an exciting week ahead.