PDA

View Full Version : former Wheat King Mark Derlago named ECHL player of the week

caps05
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news&cat=1&id=13904

Derlago had 7 goals and 9 points in 2 games last week for Bakersfield.

Congratulations to Mark!

dagley
02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
He's a natural goal scorer. It wouldn't shock me if he found somewhere to play in the AHL in a few seasons.

Brandonite
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Congratulations to Mark for sure! Nice to see him doing well for himself in his first pro season. As much as I would like to see Mark move on to the next level, I still don't believe it will happen for him. He is a great player but I think his skating will still hurt him at the AHL or NHL level. He will always be a star in the ECHL. Lance Monych has played roughly 45 games in the AHL and has 0 points to show yet lights the lamp in the ECHL. Such a fine line between those 2 leagues but I hope the best for Mark, congrats again!

Joe Hallenback
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I dont think Monych lights the lamps in the ECHL

It wouldnt surrprise me to see Derlago in Manitoba next season with the Moose.

Brandonite
02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I dont think Monych lights the lamps in the ECHL

It wouldnt surrprise me to see Derlago in Manitoba next season with the Moose.
Actually Monych is a almost a point per game type player in the ECHL and even got the call to the AHL this season. He is definietly a "star" player in that league. Derlago was cut earlier from the Moose less than a week into camp. Derlago will get every chance to crack an AHL squad but I just can't see it happening for him but I certainly hope the best for him!!