PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to next season.

the flying moose
02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I've accepted the fact that, barring a miracle, we are out of the playoffs. However the play from some of the young guys has got me excited for next season.

Maylan - wasn't impressed by his numbers when he was traded but I guess all he needed was a little ice time. his play has been really impressive and he will be a leader here for sure.

Watson - started off here a little slow and wasn't too noticeable on the ice. his game has really picked up recently and he has shown what he is really capable of.

Thiessen - I know he isn't really a "young" guy and isn't that productive scoring-wise but he brings leadership and intensity that the team needs. I've seen every home game in the past two seasons and not once did I see him give less than 100% on a shift. I could see him wearing the "C" next season.

Hunt - would have had an amazing season had he not hurt his wrist and missed a lot of games. he is starting get pick up where he left off.

Curtis and Danyluk - if Curtis can stay healthy and not have shoulder problems, they should be an awesome goaltending duo.

I am curious to see what they do with the overage/import situation. Do they keep Magnusson as an overager and import?

I am also curious who the Cats will pick with their 1st round selection in the 2008 Bantam draft.

Lets hear your thoughts?

PLAYER
02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
they are going to need a stronger goaltending team... Curtis yeah maybe but not together

TwoBits
02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Explain Player. I don't know what you mean? Don't you think Joel will be a good back-up to Curtis? I sure hope he (Curtis)can stay healthy because from what I can read into his interviews, he has his head screwed on straight.

Yes, Flying Moose, things are looking up. I don't know what next year will be like but look out the year after.

As for Patrik, I thought I heard or read an interview that said they might keep him. Or maybe I drempt it? He does have a wicked shot by the sounds of it.

PLAYER
02-13-2008, 12:16 AM
you got a point two bits.... Curtis does seem to have injuries. The other goalie-Joel- seems a bit inconsistent and when I saw him play didn't look like he was in great athletic shape..at moments Joel appears good. but I really think an older goalie should be brought in... and Jordan White who was with the cougs for a minute is doing pretty good in Portland. I am wondering if the brass in PG understands goaltending....Mucha may be looking for a new home next season... that would be a dream but doubt that fantasy of mine is based in any reality.

the flying moose
02-13-2008, 01:13 AM
As for Patrik, I thought I heard or read an interview that said they might keep him. Or maybe I drempt it? He does have a wicked shot by the sounds of it.

there was an interview in the local paper with brodsky (the owner) and he said that there is a good chance that magnusson will be coming back.

the flying moose
02-13-2008, 01:22 AM
you got a point two bits.... Curtis does seem to have injuries. The other goalie-Joel- seems a bit inconsistent and when I saw him play didn't look like he was in great athletic shape..at moments Joel appears good. but I really think an older goalie should be brought in... and Jordan White who was with the cougs for a minute is doing pretty good in Portland. I am wondering if the brass in PG understands goaltending....Mucha may be looking for a new home next season... that would be a dream but doubt that fantasy of mine is based in any reality.

danyluk has really improved his play over the past season or so. he has also bulked up which helps out alot.

white was a really streaky golie while with the Cougars and the Spruce Kings and even though I'm sure he was a good kid I'm glad they got rid of him.

i would like to see mucha come here. the few times I've seen him play here he has been really solid. i think he would only be 19 next season so that could work out.

WestLEAFfan
02-13-2008, 07:15 AM

Here's something to discuss. Perhaps the PG brass views Patrik as an up and coming Zdeno Chara? Same size, same crazy shot, but does the big Swede have a mean streak up his sleeve? Wouldn't that be something!

PLAYER
02-13-2008, 08:54 AM
danyluk has really improved his play over the past season or so. he has also bulked up which helps out alot.

white was a really streaky golie while with the Cougars and the Spruce Kings and even though I'm sure he was a good kid I'm glad they got rid of him.

i would like to see mucha come here. the few times I've seen him play here he has been really solid. i think he would only be 19 next season so that could work out.

You are right, white was inconsistent but seems to have grown into his own skin...Danyluk appeared 'bulky' a few years ago so bulking up is not an issue and can slow down a goalie...but what the heck..he seems to be a favorite amongs the skst posters. I think PG needs to really focus on the rest of the stuff like solid coaching, team discipline and some GM issues. I like PG though I do not even live remotely close, I hope they can kick it into high gear and become the team that can once again knock the silvertips out of playoffs!

TwoBits
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think Mucha would want to go from one frustrating sitation to another. His time is running out and he'd probably prefer a team that is established not rebuilding.

I'm not quite too sure why Danyluk was sent down so quickly this year. The only game he played, he faced 28 shots and only let one goal in. Did the team hit the panic button when Cyr had a rocky start? Anyway, I'm gld they brought Joel up instead of bringing Tommy back.

Oh and Westleaf, they are calling Patrik, Karen Magnusson on the Vancouver forum so I'd say he's about as tuff as Mats Sundin. :D

Player, what's skst?

PLAYER
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Player, what's skst?

I'm bad I meant SK... sorry not enough coffee yet.

the flying moose
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't think Mucha would want to go from one frustrating sitation to another. His time is running out and he'd probably prefer a team that is established not rebuilding.

I'm not quite too sure why Danyluk was sent down so quickly this year. The only game he played, he faced 28 shots and only let one goal in. Did the team hit the panic button when Cyr had a rocky start? Anyway, I'm gld they brought Joel up instead of bringing Tommy back.

Oh and Westleaf, they are calling Patrik, Karen Magnusson on the Vancouver forum so I'd say he's about as tuff as Mats Sundin. :D

Player, what's skst?

IIRC they sent Danyluk down because they felt he would get more ice time than if he sat on the bench. i dont think they expected cyr to play the way he has been playing.

IMO i feel that there needs to be a coaching change before we have a real run at things. we started off poorly and shuffled the players. we continue to play poorly and its not just because we are a young team. watching the games and a few practices it appears to me that they aren't buying in to what the coach is selling.

PLAYER
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM

I did say Mucha was my fantasy and like most of my fantasies, it will only happen in my mind......

And yes, a coaching/GM change is in order.......

TwoBits
02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Player, what's skst?

I'm bad I meant SK... sorry not enough coffee yet.

Oh, I was sitting there this morning trying to figure out what is was an acronym for. :laugh:

So Flying Moose, can just anybody go watch a practice or do you need a special "back-stage pass" so-to-speak?

the flying moose
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
So Flying Moose, can just anybody go watch a practice or do you need a special "back-stage pass" so-to-speak?

no special pass needed. the CN Centre is open for walking during the day so sometimes while the wife and kid are walking with her friends I'll sit there and watch them practice for half an hour or an hour. not sure of their practice schedule though but the times I've seen practice it started at 2pm.

Sput
02-14-2008, 02:21 PM
If we want to talk fantasy stuff here, we could look to Portland for two things. One being Mucha, and solid tender that would be a good mentor for both Danyluk and Curtis, and possibly fetching Swynsten back to the Den as Cougar as a 20. He sounded like he knew he screwed up when his rights were here the first time, maybe its redemption time. I'm not sure what, if any, kind of character Swynsten is, but it could be a thought.....