PDA

View Full Version : WOW......someone please tell me .......

Buddy
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Whats up with the mods on the pow wow? I responded to a post by Rebelchild that was basically supportive of the Chiefs but disagreed in a very civil and respectful manner with a couple of points. Your mod found it necessary to delete it for reasons that escaped not just myself but also Rebelchild as we were having a pretty good discussion concerning both teams and both fans.

I respectfully asked your mod to email me and was met with a holier than thou response and told if I wanted any answers I basically had to meet the demands of your mod.

Then during some "FRIENDLY" banter with rebelchild your mod starts interjecting snide remarks and once he knows I have seen it immediately deletes his own post. He did the same thing to Bishard a few months ago where he literally would troll Bishard and egging him on and then delete his trolling post seemingly to eliminate any evidence of his trolling.

I thought Bishard might have been exagerating but it is obvious to me that he was dead on with his opinion of the mods there.

I would rather do my rant here than on the pow wow because this always seems to be a much more civilized forum.

And I know your mod reads this board so if you would like to talk about any of this shoot me an Emal . You have my Email address

Buddy

HAF
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree, that mod is very out of hand. I understand how hard it is to run a message board but this guy deletes anything that he disagrees with whether it is out of line or not. He is also the master of egging on a poster(trolling) and then deleting/banning someone for playing along. This guy is a peace of work and I choose to not partake in his message board any longer.

Pete76
02-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Quit kicking our Arsses, You ruined my hockey weekend Tri-Cities ... of course its frickin' buck' night so all the Jackenhiemers come to the game and want to stand up in the middle of the row, middle of the game, talk on their cell phones ... please leave Yellow Horn at home for the next game, (Please)

Ams4life
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Lol we are playing some damn good hockey right now I would have to say and you guys are just going through a mini slump. Yellow Horn likes to play with in your building if you can't tell.

Ams2Fan
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
This guy is a peace of work and I choose to not partake in his message board any longer.

Uh, yup... I'm sure some of the Spoke fans will be happy that their mod is driving away any objectivity so they can now revel in their one-sided 'WE HAVE A BANNER AND YOU DON'T' views.

Rebelchild
02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I would continue that very civilized conversation with YOU any time. However, Ams2Fan is probably a good example of why C4 has lost his cool a few times. :mad: People can't just disagree with what you say. They have to threaten you. Call you names. Just in general be jerks. No fun. I NEVER go on another teams board and post. That is just me. I don't care if I agree with what I am reading or think that poster is out of their ever loving mind. It is their board. So ... that said ... if you happen to remember where we were in that conversation? Oh - if you are 54 then you are slightly older than me which is why we can carry on a respectable conversation. :) When we get old like Cranky that might change. LOL :thumb:

Ams2Fan
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I would continue that very civilized conversation with YOU any time. However, Ams2Fan is probably a good example of why C4 has lost his cool a few times. :mad: People can't just disagree with what you say. They have to threaten you. Call you names. Just in general be jerks. No fun. I NEVER go on another teams board and post. That is just me. I don't care if I agree with what I am reading or think that poster is out of their ever loving mind. It is their board.

Complete bull. I have NEVER threatened anyone. The ONLY person I have ever called a name is 007 and on OUR board. Did you even read my post that was deleted? To sum it up I said that Ams fans knew darn well that we were not safe in first and that it sounded like the Chiefs may have been back on track based on the 3rd period of Monday night's game.

Funny thing is that the Chiefs board is the only one that seems to have a problem with opposing team fans posting on it.

In fact, I am one of the people who continuously says it is crap that people have to resort to personal attacks instead of just discussing the issue like grown ups. And that is the problem I have with the DFCPs. You know what,
I'll save myself the trouble of repeating all of this again. Please read this post:http://www.network54.com/Forum/40684/message/1202166387/My+response+%28long%29.

In the meantime, please don't accuse me of things that are UNTRUE.

Rebelchild
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
FIRST OFF - an apology. The threat thing was NOT directed at you. That was another one of your AMs fans that did not take the time to read a post where I was actually standing up for Chet. None of the specifics that I mentioned had anything to do with you and I should have been more specific. My point is that some people just cannot stop vci33 ! The banner thing, which is what I was referring to, should be over and done. It just seems to me that there is a lot of petty, unecessary garbage (which I won't go into detail on), that goes on and on and on and just about the time you think it has finally died an unnatural death it pops up again. It is just amazing to me how many people don't seem to realize what a SPECTACULAR year this is for all of our boys - Chiefs, AMs, T-Birds, Hawks and Tips. Sure, Portland is hurting but they are building and throwing a few kinks in some well laid plans. There could be some great discussions if posters would remain civil - which I know is asking a lot. Have you read some of the posts on the Everett board towards Spokane? Good grief! vci11 Who wants to go down there? I sincerely wish we could have a lively, opinionated, FRIENDLY debate without feeling like you have been physically violated when it is all over and done with! Anyway - sorry again about the misunderstanding.

Buddy
02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I would continue that very civilized conversation with YOU any time. However, Ams2Fan is probably a good example of why C4 has lost his cool a few times. :mad: People can't just disagree with what you say. They have to threaten you. Call you names. Just in general be jerks. No fun. I NEVER go on another teams board and post. That is just me. I don't care if I agree with what I am reading or think that poster is out of their ever loving mind. It is their board. So ... that said ... if you happen to remember where we were in that conversation? Oh - if you are 54 then you are slightly older than me which is why we can carry on a respectable conversation. :) When we get old like Cranky that might change. LOL :thumb:

I respect your choice not to post on others boards but I for one would welcome you on ours......As AMS2 has said to me when only the home boys are posting on your forum you lose all objectivity and usually end up with a lopsided extremely biased view of events. Having the opposition post tends to balance things out and keep people honest which IMO leads to a more stimulating discussion... I think if you gave AMS2 the benefit of the doubt you will find she is not as bad as you think.

Buddy

Rebelchild
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
... she is bad. Obviously I have no idea who she is anymore than you have any idea who I am. I guess the board thing is that there are several opportunities - like this one - where everyone can go and post and have different opinions and it is okay. You still have your loyalties but you are not invading anyone else's space when you do it. Fans have the right to "vent" and that is what the "team" board is for. Team boards also have a tendency of being a lot nastier - for lack of a better word. Example - the hit with Bruts and Vey and I know you know what I am talking about. I KNOW that Chris is not normally a dirty player and some of the things that were said about him really ticked me off. My take on it was that I don't believe that it was intentional but the league reviewed it, he took his suspension and that is that. Then there is the infamous Kyle Beach "BAM". There is not a fan from any other team that can honestly say that they don't wish that their team had been the one to shut him up but boy did Chris take a beating for that one. I am not a hockey expert. I just love the game - the competition I guess. I also don't miss a game either. I am kind of the opinion that no team is perfect in regards to their on-ice behavior and then I am probably back to the vci33 . Sometimes we just need to move on. A serious question for you Buddy. Where would a Spokane fan sit if they got brave enough to come to your barn for a game? I seem to attract jerks - home and away - so a "safe" suggestions would be appreciated.

Ams2Fan
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Whew, I was starting to think someone was going around using my name to piss off more people than I already have! MY apologies for taking your post the wrong way.

Yes, I have read the posts on the Everett boards and they're ridiculous. How many times can you post "baaaaaaam" and "smaaaaaaack" before the 'a' wears out on your keyboard?

I also sincerely wish we could have friendly debates on ALL the boards without someone whose mission in life it is to win a war of wits on a freakin' junior hockey league forum jumping in to attack the poster instead of the opinion. I welcome different views, yes, even on the Ams board as long as they are posted respectfully. On the other hand, those who dish it out need to learn how to take it without having a conniption fit.

You said: "I am not a hockey expert. I just love the game - the competition I guess. I also don't miss a game either." That describes me as well. See, we have more in common than you think.

HomerSimpson
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
What I usually tell annoying fans when they're in our building, or even when I'm around them in an opposing building: While we may be cheering for different teams, in the end --- aren't we all just there to enjoy a hockey game? There's no reason why we can't get along; even chit-chat about each other's teams. I can understand good natured ribbing, but cursing at someone or throwing something at them is totally different --- just because they're supporting their team.

I have nothing against any AMS fan...except for the ones who have given me reason. Objectivity is why we all come onto these boards, and if someone can't handle someone else's opinion, they should just ignore them. I believe that moderators are necessary, but only when things get out of hand. Let the fans bicker and talk a little trash. I welcome all challengers. vc119

Buddy
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I know I got tickets for some of your fans in section L which is near the Spokane goal and anywhere around there you should be fine.......You can look me up at section T row six seat 1 . Section R S or T are at the AMS end where you will find rocker , pototao canon , myself and quite a few others ....nothing bad should happen in any of those sections......but with the rivalry heatin up it is bringin some of the front runner fans out that come to a game once every 2 years and act like loyal fans.

please swing by and say hello......would love to meet you and yours

Buddy

HomerSimpson
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I know I got tickets for some of your fans in section L which is near the Spokane goal and anywhere around there you should be fine.......You can look me up at section T row six seat 1 . Section R S or T are at the AMS end where you will find rocker , pototao canon , myself and quite a few others ....nothing bad should happen in any of those sections......but with the rivalry heatin up it is bringin some of the front runner fans out that come to a game once every 2 years and act like loyal fans.

please swing by and say hello......would love to meet you and yours

Buddy

First time I came to Tri I think I sat in section A...the gentleman behind us was a very pleasant fan. He said he used to drive the bus for you guys, was wearing a Procyshen (sp?) jersey. Section Y is definitely one to avoid. We got seats there once last year, and a guy was heckling the zamboni drivers before the game...using racial slurs amongst other choice language. I guess that wasn't enough, because he started calling the people in the family section different choice names as well. We moved before he saw our sweaters.

HomerSimpson
02-13-2008, 09:55 PM
P.S.

That Eagle of yours better stay out of my way. Last time, he tried to challenge me to duke it out. My wife is trying to convince me not to, but I'm trying to rent a chicken costume for Saturday night. Hopefully I can find one available by then (at a decent cost).

Chiefs Chicken vs. Ams Eagle, round 1 will soon commence.

TriFan2005
02-13-2008, 11:53 PM
as far as where spokane fans usually sit in our barn i would say where ever you darn well please. i'm tired of the chiefs coming down and out rooting our fans. that seems to be changing finally, one can only take so many times hearing the national anthem get drowned out by some "home of the chiefs" screaming.
anyway on a more serious note i know that USUALLY the spokane boosters are up high in section h, which is spokane's offensive end 2/3 periods. as far as anywhere not to sit. definitely avoid section y, bunch of drunk jerks down there.
myself i always sit in section f, depends what row b/c my girlfriend doesnt have season seats so it's whatever can be open. saturday i believe im in row 8. let me know where you civil chiefs fans are sitting because i'd love to talk some hockey with you.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Whats up with the mods on the pow wow? I responded to a post by Rebelchild that was basically supportive of the Chiefs but disagreed in a very civil and respectful manner with a couple of points. Your mod found it necessary to delete it for reasons that escaped not just myself but also Rebelchild as we were having a pretty good discussion concerning both teams and both fans.

I respectfully asked your mod to email me and was met with a holier than thou response and told if I wanted any answers I basically had to meet the demands of your mod.

Then during some "FRIENDLY" banter with rebelchild your mod starts interjecting snide remarks and once he knows I have seen it immediately deletes his own post. He did the same thing to Bishard a few months ago where he literally would troll Bishard and egging him on and then delete his trolling post seemingly to eliminate any evidence of his trolling.

I thought Bishard might have been exagerating but it is obvious to me that he was dead on with his opinion of the mods there.

I would rather do my rant here than on the pow wow because this always seems to be a much more civilized forum.

And I know your mod reads this board so if you would like to talk about any of this shoot me an Emal . You have my Email address

Buddy

You won't find any arguments here, there's a reason I don't post on the pow wow. C4 is a terrible moderator, imnsho. The pow wow also contains a lot of trolling and threads that really don't have anything to do with anything that for some reason don't get deleted.

There are some good posters and good threads that get going on there, but you have to be selective and do some sifting to find them, and sometimes it's just too much to have to do. But you can feel free to post on this board, unless someone gets extremely out of line, my hand is pretty much invisible. :thumb:

And how about that Yellow Horn? My God what a monster. I gotta go see Tri-City the next time they're in Seattle just so I can see him play one more time.

Buddy
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I will propably be looking more and more to this forum for what I too deem quality threads.

Buddy