PDA

View Full Version : Arena football

HAF
03-27-2005, 02:32 AM
THis is the new thing at the coliseum. Tonight was the first game ever there and I got to tell ya, I wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm still a little too emotional about the leaving of the Ams but I just couldnt get into it. The game is played on a small feild yet isnt nearly as fast paced as I would have figured it would be and they take for ever between plays. Second, All I could think about was Man, I'd rather be watching hockey....Any hockey over this crap....
Right after the game I'm in the restroom taking a leak when a fight breaks out between two drunk idiots fighting over whos favorite NFL team is better.... Give me a break, Is this really something to get into a fight over???
I wont be taking my kids to see this garbage any time soon. I could definately see a drunken riot breaking out over something really stupid...
Any one else seen this yet??? I know Everett has a team too. Have they had any home games yet?

ihlemic10
03-27-2005, 11:20 AM
I went to the Everett ones exhabition and it was terrible. The music was awful and the fans around me were giving me crap for not cheering their cousins. It was a waste of time for me so I left at halftime. Anyway the EEC looked terrible, they had a carpet that said 'Staples Center' and 'LA Avengers'. Also they took the glass down and had all the boards up with padding in them. It was bad and they jacked the food prices up some from the Tips. Hopefully they don't screw with the Ice when they do this 'Hawks' stuff of they would have many angry tips fans.

The_Vulk
03-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Tried to watch some of the AFL on TV.

Heck, I enjoyed watching indoor soccer more than I did this version of football. At least it was back and forth action.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Tried to watch some of the AFL on TV.

Heck, I enjoyed watching indoor soccer more than I did this version of football. At least it was back and forth action.

I'd have to agree, I was not too impressed the few times I have tried to sit down and watch it. Something about that small field makes things look so... Easy? I like watching competition, not guys playing catch for three hours.

Jovorock
03-28-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm a big NFL fan and I have tried a couple times to watch arena football and it's just awefull.

Kristi
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
I have season tickets! Our first home game is Sunday! Should be fun! I am looking forward to it even though it is a really short season.

RunTheGoalie
03-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I can't say I have any interest in indoor football.

We do have an NLL box-lacrosse team in Calgary though, and that is a fantastic product to watch.