PDA

View Full Version : What's With The Score?

TwoBits
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
What's with the 4-2 score all the time?

WestLEAFfan
02-14-2008, 06:42 AM
What's with the 4-2 score all the time?

It's better than 11 - 1! Too bad CYR didn't get his 50th win at home.

Sput
02-14-2008, 02:14 PM
what I see is the team has to stop spotting their opposition 3 goals befroe they decide to show up. I ALMOST packed it in after the first period past night, but thought I'd wait and see. I would have missed a real entertaining game. I can't really fault Real on two of the goals for sure inthe second. One was a perfect pass thru 3 or 4 sets of legs and in, the other (I think it was the shorthanded goal) was a well executed play by the Bruins. Misplayed by the defender, but well done by the 'Wack.

The effort is there, and I can forgive these current guys for the most part for making the rookie mistakes that they are, because they are only 16 or 17. With the deadload 19's we had earlier, and making the same mistakes, I didn't have the patience. I like what I see, looking to the future, probably 2 years down the road. It would be nice if Tampa Bay would leave Dana here as a 20 so he can make a run withthis team. That is going to fun to watch.

TwoBits
02-14-2008, 03:43 PM
It's better than 11 - 1! Too bad CYR didn't get his 50th win at home.

I wasn't complaining, I just found it weird that Cyr's last 3 games all ended in the exact same score.

Thanks for the report Sput, I couldn't get the game to come through on the net so I had to settle for the odd score update instead.

From the Citizen article it sounded like the effort was there.

Maybe I was reading through my "Cyr Goggles" but I didn't like the insinuation by Swanson that Cyr had to "fill in" for Curtis while he was out with an injury. Maybe Curtis was scheduled to play that game or something, or, maybe I'm just too sensitive. :laugh:

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118113&Itemid=564

Real Cyr, who will have to get the call in goal until injured 17-year-old Ian Curtis can return, made 34 saves and was once again denied his 50th career victory.

Now that I read it again I think it means, Cyr has to do it all until Curtis gets back. I don't think that's such a big deal. Tyson Sexsmith does it all the time. Cyrsie is as fit as a fiddle so as long as he doesn't get mentally tired, I'm sure he'll be fine. He might even enjoy it. I think it will be the only time in his entire career that he will be the clear cut #1.

the flying moose
02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
what I see is the team has to stop spotting their opposition 3 goals befroe they decide to show up. I ALMOST packed it in after the first period past night, but thought I'd wait and see. I would have missed a real entertaining game. I can't really fault Real on two of the goals for sure inthe second. One was a perfect pass thru 3 or 4 sets of legs and in, the other (I think it was the shorthanded goal) was a well executed play by the Bruins. Misplayed by the defender, but well done by the 'Wack.

The effort is there, and I can forgive these current guys for the most part for making the rookie mistakes that they are, because they are only 16 or 17. With the deadload 19's we had earlier, and making the same mistakes, I didn't have the patience. I like what I see, looking to the future, probably 2 years down the road. It would be nice if Tampa Bay would leave Dana here as a 20 so he can make a run withthis team. That is going to fun to watch.

i almost left after the first period too. im glad i stayed. they showed what they are capable of and didn't give up. when these guys mature and quit making the "rookie" mistakes its gonna be awesome.

and TwoBits, you'll have to take what Swanson say with a grain of salt. with the fans i know around here he is a bit of a joke and is always quite negative towards the Cougars so no one really listens to him.

TwoBits
02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
i almost left after the first period too. im glad i stayed. they showed what they are capable of and didn't give up. when these guys mature and quit making the "rookie" mistakes its gonna be awesome.

and TwoBits, you'll have to take what Swanson say with a grain of salt. with the fans i know around here he is a bit of a joke and is always quite negative towards the Cougars so no one really listens to him.

I thought he had lightened up a bit this year. I couldn't believe how negative he was during the playoffs last year, it seems they couldn't do anything right even when they were winning. Boogaard'd I was just being oversensitive anyway.

WestLEAFfan
02-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I thought he had lightened up a bit this year. I couldn't believe how negative he was during the playoffs last year, it seems they couldn't do anything right even when they were winning. Boogaard'd I was just being oversensitive anyway.

During last year's play-offs, I went to the Everett newspapers to find objective articles to read about the CATS. Mr. Swanson has a bee in his bonnet and has been less than flattering as of late. I thought reporters were supposedly objective? He's been down right mean lately! Can you imagine how the players must feel during an interview? I think they are obligated to make themselves available to the press aren't they? I guess Mr. Swanson is as frustrated as all of us. Anyway, good luck on this tough trip boys. Win or lose, I still will be cheering from Morin Lake. Let's hope CYR can get that elusive 50th win! yeehoo

the flying moose
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM

he hasn't lightened up at all.

funny story - the prince george citizen now does a recap of the previous game in video form with jim swanson doing the play by play. they showed one of those on the big screen on the score clock at one of the last games. when he said "for the prince george citizen, im jim swanson" there was a nice chorus of boo's from the crowd. it was so funny.