PDA

View Full Version : Tell me More

WHL 2008
02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been following your team from the first of the year and I must say the fans seem great(well the one's who post here anyway)
I have a son in the upcoming bantam draft and he is hoping for PG(he will go probably 4th or 5th round)
If that happens you will enjoy his playing a couple of years as he is another Jarret Stoll or Darcy Tucker (less the whining) in the making. Players on his team love him because he won't back down and players playing against him hate him because he will hit you hard and often. lol
Can you tell me about your town, what's is it like to live there? I have heard the mills will be shutting down? How do the players cope with the long bus trips as it seems like you are hrs away from other teams. How do they pick billets?

I know alot of questions but any info would be great.

TwoBits
02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Hopefully some of the local PG posters can help you out with some specific information. Some of us are imports. :) Cyr fans from SK. Cyr has had great billets, they even come out to SK in the summer to visit. Not sure how they are picked though. Puckmam may know more about that.

I was very pleased to hear that somebody wants to come to PG to play, I think most players are afraid of the road schedule.

In my humble opinion, the world could always use a few more Darcy Tucker types, and I'm not even a Leaf fan. :D

PLAYER
02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
PG is a beautiful place, moose and all. Remember it is a rough business the WHL and people (scouts, coaches, GM's) are going to tell you whatever you need to hear so that your player will sign.... players can get traded just like that, sent down and just released. My advice is visit PG before your player signs. Meet the billet. See where he will go to school. The WHL is a great place to start as long as you go in with a plan and a back up plan. Good Luck, the world needs more Darcy Tuckers!!!! :thumb:

WHL 2008
02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the input , I do plan to take him there to visit so we can see what it is like, I think because my son likes the style (toughness) and the way Tyrell and Poulter play he is hoping to go there. Who knows it might happen. I only worry about the road schedule like you stated.
It looks like PG will get a good first pick,(actually 2 first round picks) there is a great crop of 93's out there,
well good luck against the Giants tonight, they can be beat :)

the flying moose
02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Surprisingly the Cougars road schedule isn't the worst in the league. There are a few teams that travel more km's a season than they do.

For sure come up and get a feel for the town. Lots of friendly people here and there is tons to do in the winter and summer (one of the big reasons why we moved from Vancouver). I like to think we are a great hockey town even if the attendance at home games doesn't show it.

Don't know too much about the billet situation but I have heard nothing but good things about all the billet families so your son should have no problems there.

WHL 2008
04-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Hey PG Fans,

Well what can I say, The draft is only hours away and my son is stressing me out. lol He wants to play for PG so bad. He just finished Alberta Cup and had a decent outing. I observed the PG scouts there in full force among the many others from the WHL and the AJHL.
I am trying to prepare him for the worse case scenario as I truly don't know where he stands. Some show interest but I hear that most of the scouts call the players,This has not happened so who knows.

Hopefully PG will see that he has great potential and desire to play for the cougars and is worth picking.

Wish him luck

:clap:

BIG_CLAW
04-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Good luck I hope everything works out for you and your son. If he turns out to be a cougar I will be cheering for him.

the flying moose
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM
so how did your son do???