PDA

View Full Version : Good News For Broncos

Scout
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I got word today from a very reliable source, that after entertaining offers from U.S. colleges that Taylor Vause has had a change of heart and made it official. He has signed a player card and is now officially property of the Western Hockey League and The Swift Current Broncos. Taylor and his family are in town and are looking into billets. Taylor will probably dress for tomorrows game and then return to his midget team to finish out the season. After the conclusion of his midget teams season, he will more than likley return to the Broncos for the remainder of the season. Taylor loves Swift Current and is happy with his decision as is his family.

Scout

wardog fan
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
hes played two games already, he lost his ncaa eligibility . but good for the broncos keeping a kid from going down south...

Toswammi
02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah i believe we signed him during the weekend before he played. Yeah the big question with him was NCAA. Looks like we may have won a round against US College

Scout
02-14-2008, 09:45 PM
I realize he had lost his NCAA eligibility when he played those two games. My point was that he signed on the weekend. He struggled long and hard on what to do, WHL or NCAA. Dean was relentless in his pursuit of Taylor and kept in contact. Good on Dean for keeping in contact with Taylor and his family. Persistance pays off.

Scout

Broncs in RD
02-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Thank you Taylor Vause!!! You will be a treat to watch in the up and coming years. You will not regret your decision the NCAA is way overrated, Too little games to develop and the quality of hockey really doesn't allow you to perform to your best abilities. Welcome to the Broncos and keep #19.

dagley
02-15-2008, 01:28 AM
I think we can all agree, the NCAA sucks :P

Flathead
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Thank you Taylor Vause!!! You will be a treat to watch in the up and coming years. You will not regret your decision the NCAA is way overrated, Too little games to develop and the quality of hockey really doesn't allow you to perform to your best abilities. Welcome to the Broncos and keep #19.
19 will look good, but I was also thinking since Taylor is a little on the small side #13 would look good on him(Todd Holt). Either way I'm just glad to hear that he decided to choose the dub, and welcome to the city Vauses.

sbtatter
02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Can you guys give us a little history on him, where he plays AAA, stats, size, what sort of player he projects to be?
Thanks

Scout
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I can tell you a little bit about him but not alot. Taylor plays for the Calgary Royals in the AMHL Midget AAA league. His team is in 6th place in the eight team conferance yet Taylor still puts up good numbers on a below average team. In 34 games played so far he has 25 goals and 23 assists for 48 points as a 16 year-old. He is in the same mould as Theo Fluery in that he is only 5'7" 140 lbs. but sees the ice very well, had speed to burn and is deadly around the net. With the changes in the WHL speed and skill are becoming more essential than size. Vause fits this bill. A great addition for the Broncos.

Scout