PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistency

wheat_city96
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
the wheaties have not been consistent at all lately, why can they not put together a string of wins? They will have one really good game, then sh*t the bed the next game and get killed, what has happened to this teams consistency. There is no excuse for an ass kicking from the kelowna rockets, after a big win in vancouver. Im guessing we will have a good game against the tigers then get our ass's handed to us against moose jaw. The boys better straighten things up if they want home ice advantage in the playoffs...This is so frustrating. vc124

WorkHorse
02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
In the third period the announcer called for a doctor to the wheat king dressing room. Shortly before that they showed a close up of McCue bent forward on the bench. Don't think he was out after that. Don't need any more injuries on D that's for sure!

sbtatter
02-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Inconstency is the hallmark of younger teams like ours. Tonights game was fine in the first period, then poor goaltending and no forward line could get going in the second. Injuries are more of an issue on this roadtrip, no Boyle really hurts us, and Dittmer's goals are bound to be missed in the long run.
I'd try Hale up with Lowry and Clark, leave Bartek with fehr and Green.
Poor Fehr having to fight Bloodoff, there's a mis match if you've ever seen one, at least he stood in there as he got pounded!

dagley
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Why Hale up with Lowry and Clark, Hale shouldn't even be in the WHL...he needs to grow a pair of nuts before I'd put him on our 4th line. The inconsistency has been absolutely terrible, and your right about a garbage effort a night after having a spectacular game in Vancouver. This team definitely needs home ice advantage in the playoffs, and the chance to move within a point of Regina tonight, and potentially take over the #2 seed in the Conference with a win over Medicine Hat would have been big coming for for 5 straight against touch BC/AB teams.

sbtatter
02-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, I don't like taking Bartek away from Green and Fehr b/c that line has so much potential. Of course you don't mess with the kid line. So we could put Cowan, Hale , Jeffries or King with Clark. Cowan is an option, but Hale has the hands, and has improved a lot this season. Have you watched all the games on the road trip? Hale has improved a lot. He's been throwing his weight around, and had a scrap. His puck handling skills are great, it's his skating that needs to improve, and it's coming. 2 months ago i would have cut him, but as a project he's coming along. Of course we want to see him scoring and destroying players with his size, but it's a slow project, playing with Clark when Dittmer is out could just be another step in his development

GlutenGlutton
02-15-2008, 10:42 AM
We must have been watching different shifts Dagley? The Hale I've seen when watching in the last month is one that's improved his skating ten-fold and deserving of a regular spot in the lineup for how hard he works. Everyone loves to see a big guy hit, but maybe that's just not his personality.

I think the reasoning behind Bartek on that line is that Clark and Lowry need a shooter. If Bartek isn't working out, I'd try Fehr.

brandonboy
02-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I would say Hale is probably the best fit for that line, they tried King a couple of times but lets be honest King is a flop so far. And as for Jeffries and Cowen their better on a checking line then Hale is even with Hale's size, both of those players add way more energy and Hale has some really good potential to be a top line scoarer.

sbtatter
02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
We must have been watching different shifts Dagley? The Hale I've seen when watching in the last month is one that's improved his skating ten-fold and deserving of a regular spot in the lineup for how hard he works. Everyone loves to see a big guy hit, but maybe that's just not his personality.

I think the reasoning behind Bartek on that line is that Clark and Lowry need a shooter. If Bartek isn't working out, I'd try Fehr.
But I think we're crazy to mess with the Green/Fehr/Bartek line....that's why I'd put Hale on it. Now next year, maybe we package Joe up with a prospect or 2 and get a winger for Clarkey and Lowry.....

Joe Hallenback
02-16-2008, 12:27 AM
The word around on the street is the Wheaties will look to bring over a top Euro Forward next season

sbtatter
02-16-2008, 11:23 AM
The word around on the street is the Wheaties will look to bring over a top Euro Forward next seasonPerfect, that's the top 2 lines sorted then! Add Depape or Regeir to Green and Fehr and we have the best 3rd line in the league, then need to address defence returnees being Erb, Aulie, Robak, Melnychuk) and goal..should be a very, very strong team