PDA

View Full Version : Game 1, 3-2 Tigers

Tinner
03-27-2005, 09:17 AM
so game 1 in the bag, what's next? Rebs give up 3 and get 2 back, after that game on. I just have 1 question, and that is to question the starting lineup. Whats with that? Sitting vets in favor of others. The one thing I can say with certainty is that you won't win playing a young inexperienced line up versus using vets.

D.A.
03-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Who are you talking about? The starting line-up (according to the WHL site) was Phaneuf, Kurceba, Wick, Fraser and Morris. I'm not sure we could have gotten a better bunch of starters than that. If you mean the line-up in general for the night, the only vets sitting were Moore and Zetariuk. Moore is still serving a suspension; not sure what's up with Zetariuk. So I'm still not sure what there is to question there. Am I missing something?

Rebel66
03-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only vet that sat was Jesse Zetariuk. Was he a healthy scratch or does have an injury of some kind? Also, with all due respect to Jesse, I don't honestly think that he makes or breaks the team. The other scratches were Shaden Moore (serving a WHL suspension), Tanner Gillies, Matt Cline, and the injured Eric Frere.

Not sure where this young inexperienced lineup supposedly is versus a more experienced one. Arguably that was the Rebels best lineup bar possibly Zetariuk, who could be chosen over Flatters or Lamoureux. Other than that Moore couldn't be chosen anyway. Looking at the lineup only five recognisable defencemen were chosen so was Henituik playing D again? (I couldn't listen to the game last night.) If that was the case then you would have to think that Jesse is possibly nursing an injury of some kind unless something else is up.

Honestly I'm not sure where you're going with the sitting vets in favour of others angle. After all, only one vet potentially missed out. Who else have I missed 39 that makes our team that much more experienced?

As I said, I couldn't listen to the game but it seems like the boys made a game of it and the result wasn't set until the final buzzer. We all knew it was going to be tough playing the Tigers but the Rebels have shown that they can play with them. Will that be enough to win? Who knows but as long as they give their all in an honest effort I'll be happy.

KTF

grumphy
03-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I know, I know, I'm not a Reb fan but I sure did not think the Rooks looked at all out of place. I thought they contributed quite well. The line up did not hurt you guys, in this one game you got beat, I am sure we will have to say the same thing a couple of games before this series is done.
I sure am really uncomfotable when Wick is on the ice. This guy could be a game breaker with no problem.
Young Sutter looked good out there definatly plays with a Sutter edge