PDA

View Full Version : Spokane wants Wuchterl suspended

Tipped Off
01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Excerpt from the Seattle Times...

...The last power play lasted five minutes when Michael Wuchterl was called for a major boarding penalty and given a game misconduct. The Spokane power play was spread over two periods, but a Chad Klassen shot that could have tied the score 2-2 rang off the top of the cross bar early in the third period.

Spokane coach Al Conroy expects Wuchterl to be suspended after Spokane center Chris Bruton needed stitches to close a gash to his head.

"He (Wuchterl) is going to be gone for a long time," Conroy predicted. "Bruton needed six to eight stitches, and who knows about a concussion? The league is definitely going to get a copy of the tape."

Did anyone see the hit on the web feed or from the bench side of the arena? I sit on the box side and the hit didn't seem that bad. It was definately dirty and worth the mis conduct...wuchterl had just been rocked and was looking for revenge...but it certainly didn't seem THAT outrageous.

ihlemic10
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I was in sec 115 row 3. I was looking down the line when it happened. To me I saw a hard shoulder hit. It was a tad bit dirty but cleaner than a 5-Minute Major. I was thinking the call could be a double minor. Many people I talked to around the Arena was calling it a clean hit. I just think the in the 'huddle' afterwards there should have been more calls.