PDA

View Full Version : Tied at 1 Heading To Cow Town....

Nielson11
03-27-2005, 10:54 AM
As we all assumed yet another pair of one goal games....all 8 meetings this season separated by a single marker.

I think we will see another split in Calgary and then be left with a Best of 3 series starting with Game Five on April Fools Day.

My thoughts to far.....

Justin Pogge has played extremely well.
Sorochan is playing OK....not great, but not bad.
Hurricanes 4th line....have to love them, no goals but the most pressure.
LamRedVerg line has been solid in the offensive end, but no finish yet.
Canes are withstanding the physical play of the Hitmen fairly well.
Andrew Ladd doesn't know how to hit...he always and I MEAN ALWAYS turns his back when making a hit...pretty sad.
I think the Canes have to watch out for Kohn hopping up into the rush he looks like a threat from the H-men's blueline.

Anyway those are just some things off the top of my head.
Nielson

Hitman
03-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Here's a thought off the top of my head, the Canes are going down! ;)

Nielson11
03-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Here's a thought off the top of my head, the Canes are going down! ;)

We will see.....I'm thinking Pogge is gonna fold like a pair of threes any period now.

RunTheGoalie
03-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Andrew Ladd doesnt know how to do much of anything, except for taking stupid penalties.

It's going to be interesting to see how Lethbridge handles the huge crowds in the Saddledome. It's one thing to have 5000 on your side. How about 15,000 as your enemy?

Number_4
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Lethbridge handles the huge crowds in the Saddledome. It's one thing to have 5000 on your side. How about 15,000 as your enemy?

Yeah, but think of all those coming from Leth. Trust me, between fan buses and people making the trip themselves, there is going to be quite a few fans there from Leth.

Nielson11
03-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I know we have a car load of 5 going up to the game...not much, but I'm sure there are more like us.

tazndevil
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM
If any Lethbridge fans would like to meet during one of the intermissions, so we can put some names to the faces, send me a private message and we can set up a place to meet.

Look forward to hearing from you

Taz

Nielson11
03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey,

Myself and Orv (who posts on WHLFans) will be at the game on Wednesday night, we will have a couple beers in us. Maybe we can set something up.

Nielson

RunTheGoalie
03-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but think of all those coming from Leth. Trust me, between fan buses and people making the trip themselves, there is going to be quite a few fans there from Leth.

No doubt, and more power to ya. Hope you get a lot of people out for the games up here. But, a couple hundred Lethbridge fans spread throughout the dome wont be able to overwhelm the Calgary crowd.

The Hitmen are lucky that they have already played in front of 16k+ crowds five times this year. I'm not certian if any Hurricane player has experienced a crowd like that at any point in their lives.

That said, even knowing what a crowd like that is like, the largesse of the situation will affect both teams. It's hard not to really have the adrenalene pumping when you are playing in an NHL building with an NHL-like crowd.