PDA

View Full Version : Blades vs Hitmen

peatfan
02-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Good game by your Blades tonight. Best effort I've seen from the Blades this year as they refused to quit after being down 2-0 very early in the game. Despite the shots on net they outplayed the Hitmen in the second and desreved to take the lead. Syupid penalty by Durand in the third cost them as we finally scored on the pp. Our first in what seems a year but probably 20 attempts(at least).
I've posted earlier this year that I wasn't impressed by Holtby but tonight he desreved to be first star or at least second. He was robbed. Also impressed by the new 91 winger with the long name(Dryzik----). Gillies showed a lot of heart by playing tonight and although not as efficient as previous games he showed lots of hustle. Also after the game he showed a lot of class as he went over and shook the hands of the ref (Theissen) and I'm sure it wasn't meant as sarcasm. Actually the ref wasn't too bad over all as he let the players deceide the game. Twomey also showed a lot tonight and will be a force next year.
clrkth Boogaard'd pbj clrkth Boogaard'd :confused: clrkth Boogaard'd vc178

hitmanfan
02-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I believe that was our second powerplay goal in 48 attempts. Yikes!! Especially since we have had 3 long 5 on threes in our last two games.