PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank-you

localguy
02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
to the entire Canes organization from top to bottom. I know it's a little early, but thanks for proving every one of us wrong. I am sure most all of us were rather anxious to jump the gun and critisize many in the club, and you have shut us all up. If you have not made a critical comment on this board then obviously this won;t apply, but again for those of us that have , Thanks for proving us wrong. You have played an outstanding season, given the fans great entertainment value for our dollars spent, and lived up to the pre-season hype. Congratulations on making the play offs, and here's to a long run, you have shown that you have what it takes to make it to the mem cup this year, you have persevered through injury and absence, and played as a unit. The coaching staff has stood by their systems, and made us all eat crow as well, again thanks. Our scouting staff and GM have also made great moves and decisions, again removing any doubt that they indeed are in charge for a reason. Here's to stability in the organization, and a long successful future for this club. Thank Lethbridge Hurricanes, bring home the banner boys, we know you can.

loudi94
02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Nice. Too soon!

localguy
02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Nice. Too soon!

I don;t think it is, in what way have we, the couch critics been right? I know we haven;t won the banner, but regardless, to this point the season has been nothing short of incredible.

sbtatter
02-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I don;t think it is, in what way have we, the couch critics been right? I know we haven;t won the banner, but regardless, to this point the season has been nothing short of incredible.Glad you're happy, most people are too supersticious (sp) to say out loud what you did!! As an outsider, you have the second best team in your division and won't make it to the Memorial Cup, but good luck and enjoy the rest of the season anyways!!

localguy
02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Glad you're happy, most people are too supersticious (sp) to say out loud what you did!! As an outsider, you have the second best team in your division and won't make it to the Memorial Cup, but good luck and enjoy the rest of the season anyways!!

Just curious as to who is the best team? It's only a comment on the regular season, but if we are knocked out in the first round, it will be 100% my fault.

loudi94
02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Just curious as to who is the best team? It's only a comment on the regular season, but if we are knocked out in the first round, it will be 100% my fault.
Damn right it will be. ;)

loudi94
02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
As an outsider, you have the second best team in your division and won't make it to the Memorial Cup,

Yes, but Edmonton won't make the playoffs, so we should win the East. yeehoo

sbtatter
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Just curious as to who is the best team? It's only a comment on the regular season, but if we are knocked out in the first round, it will be 100% my fault. Haha, if you do go out in the first round you'll be blamed for sure!!!! I think it's pretty obvious who the best team in the conference is (and it's not my team!). You guys, the Hitmen and MH have our number, I'd be more comfortable playing Regina, Kootney or Swifty in the playoffs

localguy
02-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Haha, if you do go out in the first round you'll be blamed for sure!!!! I think it's pretty obvious who the best team in the conference is (and it's not my team!). You guys, the Hitmen and MH have our number, I'd be more comfortable playing Regina, Kootney or Swifty in the playoffs

If you are implying Calgary, yes they have the most points, and are a really good team, however they are 1 and 4 against us, shut out twice. the only teams in the league we have a losing record to are regina and kootenay in the east, and Vancouver in the west. And, I am willing to accept full responsibilty, makes total sense :confused: , kinda like saying the word shutout means an automatic goal :clown:. It's just high time this city recognizes what we have, and shows some grattitude, both by coming to games, and by supporting them, not by expressing our lack of confidence in them..

sbtatter
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
If you are implying Calgary, yes they have the most points, and are a really good team, however they are 1 and 4 against us, shut out twice. the only teams in the league we have a losing record to are regina and kootenay in the east, and Vancouver in the west. And, I am willing to accept full responsibilty, makes total sense :confused: , kinda like saying the word shutout means an automatic goal :clown:. It's just high time this city recognizes what we have, and shows some grattitude, both by coming to games, and by supporting them, not by expressing our lack of confidence in them..
I just don't think you guys will make it to the conference final to face Calgary. And I'm just kidding you about it being your fault if you lose in the first round!

localguy
02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I just don't think you guys will make it to the conference final to face Calgary. And I'm just kidding you about it being your fault if you lose in the first round!

I know you;re kidding, and I am not guaranteeing a banner either but we do have the tools to get there. I don;t think anything is a for sure in either division (it's why i love this game), but the streak we are on and the way we are winning is hard to argue with. The only other team in the East that is matching our efforts right now is Calgary, so...

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=whl

shushu
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
i think your right when you say this team has turned acorner whether they win the mem cup or loose in the first round.. they have shown us that the team has the ability to play well and succeed come what may.......and as for the future it will be nice to have stability with a coach that seems to have straighten out the ship and a GM that is good at putting chemistry and talent in a canes jersey... so i agree great job canes, and win or lose its been agreat year of hockey to watch so far and good luck to the canes in the future..........................

canes77
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
If you are implying Calgary, yes they have the most points, and are a really good team, however they are 1 and 4 against us, shut out twice. the only teams in the league we have a losing record to are regina and kootenay in the east, and Vancouver in the west.

What about Med Hat? They have our number as well, I dont know the W-L record though. After seeing the 3 wins this past week, I'd say Im confident (as of now) we can beat anyone except Vancouver or Medicine Hat. But, all it takes is one game to gain confidence, or more specifically one period, as seen against Kootenay or Regina. I remember the last playoff series against Calgary, Dyck had the team fired up way more than any regular season game prior to, so Im excited for the playoffs this yr!!

Congrats on earning the playoff spot! There's one more month to play. Let's try and move up the standings.

GO CANES GO

localguy
02-18-2008, 11:18 PM
We are 2 and 4 against the Hat with 2 games remaining, so ya, there's another, but that series isn;t over. I guess we'll see what happens there, they are a team that play very much the same style as the Canes. Honestly, they are a team I don;t want to see in the first round.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
OK. Who will make the Eastern final? When will you guys give the Canes the respect they deserve. :burningma Right now we are playing better than anybody in the East. I for one am sure we will make the final and could even win it.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Sorry but I think the Hat totally has our number again. I think they have us 4-0-1-1 or something like that.

localguy
02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry but I think the Hat totally has our number again. I think they have us 4-0-1-1 or something like that.

Here's the results thus far with 2 remaining to be played. 2-3-1-0 All close games too, Sep. 21 4-3 ot win, sep.22 4-2 loss, oct. 12 3-2 loss, oct 14 4-3 ot loss, feb 8 2-1 shoot out win, feb 9 4-2 loss. Losing record, which is why i don;t want to see them in the first round.

canes77
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Here's the results thus far with 2 remaining to be played. 2-3-1-0 All close games too, Sep. 21 4-3 ot win, sep.22 4-2 loss, oct. 12 3-2 loss, oct 14 4-3 ot loss, feb 8 2-1 shoot out win, feb 9 4-2 loss. Losing record, which is why i don;t want to see them in the first round.

I agree...sure the games were all close, but they are probably the last team I'd want to face in round 1

grainbear
02-19-2008, 07:00 PM
I would agree that the team is playing very well, even though I was away for 2 weeks and was limited to reading game reports after the fact from Cuba while nursing a Cuba libra or two I must agree. The key remains our next road trip and also our play against our own divisional teams, Red Deer , Med hat and Calgary. Looking forward to having Craig and Macdonald back shortly as well and what can you say except well done by our other d-men and back checking forwards. The key has been that even when the oppostion attempts to shut down our first line all the other lines from the rookies out are contributing both defensively and offensively. Right now everyone including the stick boy is doing the job and yes first place is still a possiblity especially if we could get some help from some of the other teams.