PDA

View Full Version : Situation in Portland

eye4aneye
02-21-2008, 09:57 AM
WOW...what a dire situation....there are alot of reports and opinions on what is going on there. I don't think moving the franchise to Victoria is the answer, I would need to know more info about Victoria itself ( when I think of VIctoria I think Senior retirement). Winnipeg would be a good option but they are so hell bent on having an NHL team :spineyes:. Personally one less team in the league overall doesn't hurt my feelings, improves the talent pool spread. They keep talking about the rink not being to standard?? Is it in worse shape then MJ? I have never been there so I don't have anything to go by?

Kids having to buy their own sticks? Playing short benched 14 skaters?? Bringing up Bantams to play, not for experience but because there is no one else???? Doesn't the league have a contigency plan for when this happens to a franchise. Seriously playing with 14 players is a little dangerous...injuries tend to happen when you are over tired ( and yes a bantam did go down in a game injured). Not paying for a player to have surgery. I hope this gets fixed with more then a bandaid.

raider guy
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
WOWis this actually happening in portland, for sucha big city and money in the city its weird it would be happening the kids are paying for surgery, and buying there own sticks thats the last thing these guys should be thinking of. There trying to bring a club a championship and they have to deal with that **** thats just ridiculuos. i sure am glad the raiders care about there players.

hobster
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Why is there a portland thread started on a Raider form, when it has been allready started on the disucsion form lol.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Why is there a portland thread started on a Raider form, when it has been allready started on the disucsion form lol.

Why do you care? if they want to talk about it, they can.

raider guy
02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Hobster you continue to ***** about stuff put on the raiders board, then quit looking at it seriously stay on the blades one we dont care about your input to tell u the truth

hobster
02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Portland only has 3 scouts scouting for them as well right now and some of them have to waite for checks for mounths.

eye4aneye
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Portland only has 3 scouts scouting for them as well right now and some of them have to waite for checks for mounths.+

The reason why I posted it, is that some people may not know what is going on. And like it or not it effects ALL TEAMS... think about that Hobster before you reply.

WestLEAFfan
02-22-2008, 07:38 AM
If the Portland sitution is indeed true, I find it odd that:
1. the league allows it to continue.
2. that parents of players haven't pulled their kids out.

Scout
02-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Commisioner of the league, Ron Robison has said the league is acting quickley so there has to be some truth to the situation. The league would not act on internet rumors. I posted under general discussion from a Portland newspaper the conditions with the team and finally a reply from the team.

Scout