PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to fans

amisk
03-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Went to both games at Prospera Place wearing a Giant's jersey and that was the first time I have been to an opposition's arena.Waited for about 30 mins outside before the doors opened,and during that time I was approached many times by Kelowna fans offering their hands and welcoming me to Kelowna..and to talk hockey, I must say I did not hear one misguided comment aimed my way durning our stay for the whole 2 days. Including our late meal at B.P. I should have known that was where some of the Rockets have their late meal as well..so good on you Rocket fans and thanks for the hospitality..I will be back!! One thing I will say about the Games..Very entertaing to say the least and I can't blame anybody for the loss or the win except the players who were on the ice when the goals were scored. and I have one comment about last night 3 stars, Yeomens made great saves in O.T and should have gotten a star instead of Keller.I.M.O. Thanks again!!

kevanie97
03-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed your stay here and fans should just be that fans of there team and in no way should it become personal between fans of opposing teams.........not even on a internet board, we are just fans of our teams, let the real battles be fought on the ice and applaud when your team wins and as well when the opposing does because after all it is just a game........and (WHL/Junior hockey) a great game at that.

Be proud of those kids on the ice win our lose.

Squig
03-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Is it a full moon - Lightning hit somewhere in Glenmore - LOL!! :laugh:

Pretty deep post there Kev - Not saying you are wrong - Agree completely actually. My unwritten rule is cheer for your team, jeer the refs and the other team but never ever jeer the other fans. :groovy:

Go Rockets Go!!

kevanie97
03-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Does my post warrent a beer at the squig household then? LOL

Squig you probably no me better then anybody else on this forum and i thought it should just be made clear all is in good fun , lets let the kids play but cheer loud for yours..........and I will even live with that gay hand slapping your section does when we score LOL....

When is a good time for that beer by the way? :groovy:

Jovorock
03-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Glad you had a good time Amisk, I talkedto about five Giant fans and none said they were internet forum posters. Looking forward to Tuesday and another great game.