PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Cup Anniversaries Celebration

Sorcere
02-22-2008, 03:34 PM
With all the heartache and troubles of this season we bring a little pride back in the Memorial Coliseum with a ceremony involving some returning players from our 1983 and 1998 Memorial Cup Championships. This year marks the 25th and 10th Anniversaries of these historical events. The festivities take place on Saturday, March 8th against our longtime rivals the Seattle Thunderbirds, gametime is 7pm.

For me, I was a season ticket holder during the 1998 campaign and watched what was the most stellar season of hockey many have ever saw in Portland. It was a stark contrast of what we see today in the franchise. Hopefully, we will fix all the issues that plague our team and step back into a WHL competitive team. The actual Memorial Cup will be in attendance and all hockey fans can get their picture taken with the cup. So, if anyone wants to come down to Portland and check out the longstanding I-5 Rivalry and a chance to check out the Cup please do so. We could use the support!

For more information about the event you can check out:

http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1132&Itemid=309

Go Hawks!

Ams4life
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
That is great! Its also great to see an actual Winter Hawk fan on here! Its like the only people who write on this forum is fans from other teams! I wish the very best to your team!