PDA

View Full Version : MVP so far this season

sbtatter
02-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Anyone want to take a stab at the MVP (not fan fave!) so far?
I'll put my vote towards Clark
Several honourable mentions...
Boyle - steady and a tonne of minutes logged
Calvert and Lowry - score and work hard, play a lot of PP and PK minutes as well as their regular shift......

dagley
02-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Schenn - The team wouldn't be where they are without him.

sbtatter
02-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Schenn - The team wouldn't be where they are without him.I think you're mistaking MVP for fans favourite, I think it's Clarky that the team missed the most, in the 2 periods without him the team have played 10, 10 and 2 (.500), with him the record is 26, 12 and 2 (.675). He makes the PP work and he's a real vocal player, very influential.
Can't expect Schenn, as a 16 year old to have all of those attributes.

dagley
02-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Are you kidding me? Do I sound like a god damn fan boy. Without Schenn, this team is nowhere near where they are, end of story.

sbtatter
02-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Are you kidding me? Do I sound like a god damn fan boy. Without Schenn, this team is nowhere near where they are, end of story.With all due respect, you do sound as though you're in your teens!!
Schenn's an unbelievable 16 year old, no doubt. But what about the huge difference in the teams record with and without Clarkey? Clarkey has more ppg as well (he should, being a 19 year old).
If I was building a franchise I'd pick Schenn. If I was building a team for this years playoffs, Clarky's the man....

dagley
02-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'm 19. Clark has been good this year, but he's been injured for a good portion of the season. I don't understand how a guy who's been injured half the year can be the MVP. Sure, he gave support to his team...but all due respect Schenn is the man.

sbtatter
02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I'm 19. Clark has been good this year, but he's been injured for a good portion of the season. I don't understand how a guy who's been injured half the year can be the MVP. Sure, he gave support to his team...but all due respect Schenn is the man.
He's missed 22 games and the team's been a huge .175 worse without him in the lineup, so that shows just how valuable he is, can't argue with the numbers.
Schenn is the man for the future, no doubt, but we'll win and lose in this years playoffs on the backs of players like Clark and Boyle.
It'll be interesting to see who other WK fans think the MVP is......

Brandonite
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Coming into the season, Andrew Clark was expected to be one of (if not THE) best forward on this years squad and he is the kind of guy you always notice on the ice especially this season. In 2 years if Schenn is still in Brandon then yes he is the MVP but this team is so different without Clark in the lineup. It screws everything up and certain guys (Nathan Green) are thrown into spots and don't come anywhere near Clarks points. He is a huge asset to this team and a guy that Brandon would deeply miss if he was to go down before playoffs. A good kid off the ice too which is great to see!

Bully73
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Schenn is arguably their most talented player, but I vote Clark for MVP as well. You can't argue with the success of the team with him in the lineup as compared to without (although shoddy goaltending in the 2nd half hasn't helped their record while he was out of the lineup). Schenn will be the MVP for the next two years (three if we are very lucky).

sbtatter
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Here's my MVP list, in order;
Clark
Boyle
Lowry
Schenn
Calvert