PDA

View Full Version : I dont think the Pats deserve to win the pennant.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-23-2008, 10:17 PM
There, I said it. And you know what? we probably wont win it anyways.

All the other east teams are getting closer and closer to the pats in the standings, and if we cant beat bottom feeders like PA and Saskatoon, we wont hold on to the seed any longer. All the other east teams, unlike the pats, are showing that they are hungry teams. They want to win! Saskatoon is out of the playoffs, and they played like they cared. We didnt, because after all, we are already in the playoffs. We can coast for awhile and we will still be in there, right?

We have lost TEN GAMES to bottom feeders this season. ten games we should have won... Teams like the ones listed above rarely lose to those teams. Calgary and Lethbridge dont lose much to those types either. The pats do though.

Ironically enough, losing games we should win is the only consistant thing we do. Linden is always on and off each game(mostly off lately, of course), and the defence and the offence are the same. Nobody is EVER on the same page either.

If we keep it up, they are going to prove everyone else right, and we will have yet another first round exit.

wardog fan
02-23-2008, 10:28 PM
well i can agree on one thing, there is no clear cut fav in the east conference. i believe all the power is in alberta, calgary, lethbridge, and even kooteney look good with that said swifty has come on strong as of late and moose jaw has tumbled but won tonight and looked decent. i guess what makes the playoffs so fun is its a 7 game series, anything can happen throw everything done in the regular season out the window. it doesnt matter on stlye of play it still has to be done on the ice in 7 games, every series is going to be hard hitting, fast paced action these young men are going to suffer. what everything will boil down to is heart and desire, teams who can shut down another team when leading , and who has the hot goalie at the right time. the east divison is wide open 6 pts seperate moose jaw who is in 4th from regina in 1st. should be interesting but i can say this the winner in our division doesnt really get much cause they lose home ice maybe in the 2nd round, but the key lays in the conference as everyone wants that home ice for the 1st round that is vital in these years playoffs as it is every year. my honest prediction is lethbridge by far is the scariest team out here in the east right now, followed by calgary and swift.

patsdude114
02-24-2008, 12:46 AM
my honest prediction is lethbridge by far is the scariest team out here in the east right now, followed by calgary and swift.

I couldnt agree with you more on that. Lethbridge has some dynamite offence, Calgary is by far the best all around team in the Eastern Conference, Swifty i would say is the fastest team in our division (if not the Conference) Our Conference is very wide open though, alot of our divisional teams you never know which team is going to show up. Regina, Moose Jaw making the biggest splashes at trade deadline still struggle at best. Swifty and Brandon have very solid teams both have gained alot on top spot (especially Swifty)

If Moose Jaw and Regina can find their games like people know their capable of they will be a threat in the playoffs, but as of right now I would put my money on the Broncos before Regina or Moose Jaw to get into the 2nd round. Its sad to see teams like Moose Jaw and Regina really struggle after the big deals they made, all the talent is there on both teams to make some noise but for some reason these teams find ways to loose to weaker teams and not show up in big games against other top conference teams.

sbtatter
02-24-2008, 10:15 AM
From the outside looking in it appeared the Pats made way too many trades at the deadline. Also, the players you brought in appear to be "me first" type of players rather than team players (Watt, DePape) and you already have a somewhat flaky guy as your top centre (Kraus) who doesn't always show up. Having said all that, the talent is there and if they can play as a team and not as individuals they'll do well in the playoffs. MJ doesn't have the offence, so they'll go as far as their defence and goalie take them. Swifty and Bdn are very similar, built around speed, likely neither team is going to go deep in the playoffs this year.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-24-2008, 03:58 PM
well i can agree on one thing, there is no clear cut fav in the east conference. i believe all the power is in alberta, calgary, lethbridge, and even kooteney look good.should be interesting but i can say this the winner in our division doesnt really get much cause they lose home ice maybe in the 2nd round, but the key lays in the conference as everyone wants that home ice for the 1st round. my honest prediction is lethbridge by far is the scariest team out here in the east right now, followed by calgary and swift.

Don't forget the Hat. They are only 1 point back of the Pats with 2 games in hand. Win either one of those and the top 4 teams "points wise" are all from Alberta. Winning your division looks huge at the moment. It makes the difference between 2nd or 6th place in the first round. That is a big drop if say a team gets second in your division by only 1 point.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the Lethbridge cudo's because if we play like we can we could make the WHL final, no doubt. But, if we play the Hat or the Ice in the first round I can see us going out in 6 short games, so I ain't countin no chickens yet!!!
Should be the greatest playoff year in a long long time. Injuries, hot goalies, bad bounces and absolutely anyone could be out in the blink of an eye. I still think you guys have enuff veterans and toughness that you could do some real damage this year. Seven game series' with 4 games in 5 nights and stuff make it a tough, tough row to hoe. Physically strong teams like the Pats can really make hay in a long tuff series'.
One other thing that makes it more open then some think is there is not a dominant goalie in the entire Eastern Conference, which sometimes can win you a series. If some goalie gets hot watch out.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the Lethbridge cudo's because if we play like we can we could make the WHL final, no doubt. But, if we play the Hat or the Ice in the first round I can see us going out in 6 short games, so I ain't countin no chickens yet!!!
Should be the greatest playoff year in a long long time. Injuries, hot goalies, bad bounces and absolutely anyone could be out in the blink of an eye. I still think you guys have enuff veterans and toughness that you could do some real damage this year. Seven game series' with 4 games in 5 nights and stuff make it a tough, tough row to hoe. Physically strong teams like the Pats can really make hay in a long tuff series'.
One other thing that makes it more open then some think is there is not a dominant goalie in the entire Eastern Conference, which sometimes can win you a series. If some goalie gets hot watch out.

Oh, Im sure we will turn it up in the playoffs. The pennant, however, seems to be at the back of their minds. Other teams want the east pennant moreso than the pats, it seems...so I dont think we deserve to win it.

I think we will be fine in the playoffs as long as we correct our mistakes and go ni on a positive note.

patsdude114
02-25-2008, 02:48 AM
MJ doesn't have the offence, so they'll go as far as their defence and goalie take them.

I would NOT say the MJ doesnt have the offense. Knackstedt (27g 74pts) Bast (27g 66pts) Broda (26g 44pts) Holzapfel (sure he only has 14g 28pts) he has the protential to do so much more). MJ should very well have 3 players with 30 or more goals this season, not many teams can say that. Their defence doesnt really scare many in the league to be honest 2 towers on the back end (Ellerby &Wishart) neither guy throws his weight around they both wanna jump into the rush at every chance they get.

I have said all along though the MJ has the goalie that can carry the load again just like he did a few seasons ago with their league championship run. Perricone has a ton of playoff experience, everyone always says playoff experience pays off if thats the case, MJ should go along ways with Perricone.

sbtatter
02-25-2008, 09:57 AM
I would NOT say the MJ doesnt have the offense. Knackstedt (27g 74pts) Bast (27g 66pts) Broda (26g 44pts) Holzapfel (sure he only has 14g 28pts) he has the protential to do so much more). MJ should very well have 3 players with 30 or more goals this season, not many teams can say that. Their defence doesnt really scare many in the league to be honest 2 towers on the back end (Ellerby &Wishart) neither guy throws his weight around they both wanna jump into the rush at every chance they get.

I have said all along though the MJ has the goalie that can carry the load again just like he did a few seasons ago with their league championship run. Perricone has a ton of playoff experience, everyone always says playoff experience pays off if thats the case, MJ should go along ways with Perricone.It's all opinions, and that's what makes it interesting. When we play MJ, their forwards haven't scared me at all, it's their defence that has given us fits..Perricone could easily take them a long way, if he's on his game

patsdude114
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
It's all opinions, and that's what makes it interesting. When we play MJ, their forwards haven't scared me at all, it's their defence that has given us fits..Perricone could easily take them a long way, if he's on his game

Yes it is all opinions, but I also agree with you when you say that MJ's forwards havent scared me either. There are games when the Warriors offence looks to be on all cylinders, I have watched probablly more Warriors then i really wanted to this season lol thanks to my boss as hes a season ticket holder to the warriors. But anyways I do think that the Warriors offence is alot better then ours.

Cant wait for Wednesday to see what Pats team shows up against the Blazers, but more importantly I wanna watch Ross for last time, as he wont be here nexted season unless he gets traded again and he prob wont be back as a 20 yr old but then again who knows.....

dagley
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
We'll have it if you don't :D