PDA

View Full Version : Who was Fighting In The Crowd?

RDRebelsfan
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I heard Mooner on the cast saying that their was a Tiger and a Rebel fan involved in some fisticuffs after the game, anyone their see it? I'm assuming it was likely drunks.

Rebrevs
03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't know the answer to your question but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. As you are well aware, the Tiger fans are pretty enthusiastic when they come our building. There is no end to the noisemakers, flags flying etc. I'm sure they have met with their fair share of comments and I'm sure negative "flack" from Rebels fans. Last year, I attended a playoff game in Medicine Hat. When one of our guys ran with the Rebels flag after a goal, he was physically handled by a Medicine Hat fan who indicated that "if he ever did that again there would be bleepty bleep to pay" That was at a game that the Tigers won. If it was the same guy, and considering the Tigers lost, he would be even more determined to be a doorknob.

CatFan
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
that was mouthing off at the Red Deer fans. I'm not sure what happened from there as I didn't see anything. I'm sure Shiney or Tiny will give us the scoop when they get back. I sure wish I could get to Red Deer this week, but I can't take more time off work. I had a good visit with your fans tho, and once again don't paint us all with the same brush. We are not all sore losers, in this case just a very disappointed one!!

grumphy
03-28-2005, 09:58 AM
I didn't see the situation but figure it was probably some if our more illiterate dorks, carrying our colors and reputation so well. To bad one of our own fans didn't plant the person before visiting fans had to become involved.
Our fans are trated so well when we invade your barn it is really disscusting to have your travelers treated that way when you come here. :burningma

tiny
03-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Great to meet Catfan, TigersJoe and Grumphy. If all teams fans (including our own) were like you three, the WHL would be a great social event for everyone. Loved to chat and hear things from your side. I really hope you are able to visit us Tues and Wed.

As for the set-to, we left right after the game last night so I can't say for sure who was involved but we were told it was in the lower corner in about section 7? and it was initiated by a very unhappy MH lady but MANY other MH fans were upset with the MH lady who started the problem. I think I spoke to the RD fan between periods and was told of a few around them that were "a little aggresive". Maybe Mooner has more details.

The MH fans around us were very vocal and very involved (terrifically loud rink...second only to Everett I think) but they then took time to shake hands with us after the games. We had no problems even when we were waving flags and loudly supporting the Rebels. I think a few found it odd that we would be so bold as to wear our Rebels jerseys amid the sea of orange though.

I know our group will remember Catfan, TigersJoe, and Grumphy as representative of the Tigers and we will try to ignore the oddball in MH. Hope you will do the same for us when you visit RD. We too will try to see that you are "treated right" here in "underdog country"

As a PS...for the MH fan that threw the broom on the ice before the start of the first game in the Hat...I will gladly help you collect your broom so you can stick it... back in your closet for another time. LOL

GO REBS

Rebel66
03-28-2005, 11:45 AM
As a PS...for the MH fan that threw the broom on the ice before the start of the first game in the Hat...I will gladly help you collect your broom so you can stick it... back in your closet for another time. LOL

OK. I admit it, you got me! I was eagerly anticipating where exactly that fan was going to be sticking the broom.
Never heard it called a closet before though! :clown: