PDA

View Full Version : Running the goalie

TriFan2005
02-24-2008, 01:12 AM
what is with spokane running goalies as of late? honestly thats dirty hockey plain and simple. you guys played a great game but thats like 5 games in a row with at least 1 goalie interference call against the chiefs. definitely shows the hockey the chiefs have to play to win games. i hope the league takes note and does something about it before they hurt someone.

if i were tokarski or armstrong i would be scared to stand in net for a team that does that kind of stuff.

brawler21
02-24-2008, 01:43 AM
what is with spokane running goalies as of late? honestly thats dirty hockey plain and simple. you guys played a great game but thats like 5 games in a row with at least 1 goalie interference call against the chiefs. definitely shows the hockey the chiefs have to play to win games. i hope the league takes note and does something about it before they hurt someone.

if i were tokarski or armstrong i would be scared to stand in net for a team that does that kind of stuff.
IMO, only one i have seen looked like it was on purpose was Letts nailing pickard. could be a response to his bs antics in the past and if it was a message i think it was clearly sent . as far as our goalies.....first off we have TWO great tenders and I dont think army or tik are that worried with the muscle they have in front of them......afterall....i dont think Letts would have ran chet (if he did on purpose) and didnt know the ams cant really do a dam thing about it. your enforcer was tuned up again by donaghy and theres reddington,kelner,Letts,blackwater,bruton still there that are capable of putting on a woopin to any other Ams and respond/send another message if need be. ams need to either toughen up or keep their goalie quiet......keeping their goalie quiet would be the smarter choice......just my opinion.

gooooooooooooo chiefs applause

TriFan2005
02-24-2008, 02:07 AM
so just because we aren't a team full of goons it makes it okay for spokane to run our goalie? as i stated that is what we call dirty hockey. maybe it would be different if pickard was th eonly goalie you guys were running, but as i said its been every game for at least 5 games... im too lazy too look further back. just horrible show of class by the chiefs in my opinion.

so look at the box scores see how ofter the chiefs pull this crap and think of a new excuse why you guys are just goons

brawler21
02-24-2008, 02:40 AM
so just because we aren't a team full of goons it makes it okay for spokane to run our goalie? as i stated that is what we call dirty hockey. maybe it would be different if pickard was th eonly goalie you guys were running, but as i said its been every game for at least 5 games... im too lazy too look further back. just horrible show of class by the chiefs in my opinion.

so look at the box scores see how ofter the chiefs pull this crap and think of a new excuse why you guys are just goons
funny.....never seen a team full of goons ranked in the top 10 CHL all year applause ........AND AGAIN....I havent seen the chiefs running goalies on purpose with the acception of Letts on chet(it looked like it was intentional)who ran his mouth off alot b4 here and taunted fans and the chiefs with his dancing.smack talking and taunting is part of the game......so are responses.

"some"
of you ams fans crack me up with your double standards......it was only last year when your coach and fans were screaming revenge on everett and putting "there will be a response at some point"all ,ect,ect..............the tables turn and ya cry wolf...........

and quit with the dirty goon crap.......tri was the biggest team known for it

bottom line........TAKE YOUR MEDICINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete76
02-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Man, what a whiner! Guys are going for the net ... if you guys have problem with it, either score on the ensuing power play, or even it up ...(maybe if your D-men were in positon then nobody would be able to hit the goalie?)

TriFan2005
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
last year we were crying for revenge against everett because everett was taking liberties on our top scorer, not because we were trying to goon it up or anything.... brawler you should honestly rethink that post and trying and think of a different way to state that we cry when the tables turn because pretty much you just stated that everett was gooning it up against us last year and we were saying something needs to be done (pretty much exactly what i'm doing this year) good effort though man.

as far as "guys going hard to the net" and our d-men being out of position causing pickard to get ran thats another funny line. i can see a guy like bowman taking a goalie interference call because he actually has skill with the puck and has a reason to fly right at the net with it. a guy like letts though? seriously? the kid has like 7 pts this season and really i'm guessing when he ran pickard that was probably his first time going hard to the net all year. i could see it not looking so intentional if it wasn't something spokane has been called for pretty much every game for the past week or 2 (look at the box scores if you think i'm making it up becuase wednesday and friday vs everett were the first games that the chiefs didnt get a goalie interference call for a while).

here's some more proof for you spokane fans trying to make excuses:

since 1/1/08

2/23 vs tri bowman and letts called for goalie interference, 2/19 vs kelowna bruton goalie interference, 2/16 blackwater goalie interference, you didn't run the goalie against everett on 2/15 but wahl got a match for attempt to injure so thats even worse, the feb 9th game against us you got a called for it to but it's just listed as interference in box score, 1/29 vs kamloops roman got called for it, 1/12 bowman took a goalie interference penalty, 1/5 no goalie interfence calls but 2 seperate checking from behind majors.

again that is just since january 1st. keep in mind a few of those games there probably would have been more but Bruton was suspended 2 games for kneeing and 3 for the Beach incident. compare this same time period to a team like portland (really are just out there to hit people and play a spoiler) and you'll see why i think it's dirty hockey by spokane.

LinkGaetzFan
02-24-2008, 12:37 PM
If your players can't stick up for your goalie, that's YOUR fault. We have scoring issues because we lack someone of Yellowhorn's caliber so we HAVE to go to the net to create opportunities. Going hard to the net and intentionally running the goalie are two separate things, and you're making them into one in order to complain about it.

Can't we just all get along and focus our verbal jabs on a truly dis-likable team like Everett?

BTW- you listed goaltender interference penalties. They do not translate into "running the goalie."

90-91
02-24-2008, 01:47 PM
If your players can't stick up for your goalie, that's YOUR fault. We have scoring issues because we lack someone of Yellowhorn's caliber so we HAVE to go to the net to create opportunities. Going hard to the net and intentionally running the goalie are two separate things, and you're making them into one in order to complain about it.

Can't we just all get along and focus our verbal jabs on a truly dis-likable team like Everett?

BTW- you listed goaltender interference penalties. They do not translate into "running the goalie."

Amen....................Interference & "Running" the goalie arent always the same thing.

The Chiefs do normally win games with "greasy" type goals. Someone standing in front of Pickard is & should be a part of every teams game plan, because the AMs defense obviously can't handle having anyone in or around the goal crease.

Can you imaging the AMs whining if they had a big eastern team like Regina, that tries to win through intimidation night in & night out playing in the Div?
Spokane would be the least of your worries.

Good luck in the League finals if you guys make it that far.........because the Eastern team is going to run your guys over.

TriFan2005
02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
actually eastern teams havent given us trouble. as i recall we handled regina excellently. the only eastern team to beat us so far is lethbridge.

as far as me listing only goaltender interference calls that's all i can go by because they don't have a penalty of "Running the goalie". running, bumping, slashing, touching or getting in the way of the goalie are all itemized as goaltender interference. sure some of the calls spokane got were probably just hard play. i do know that letts penalty was a clear run at pickard, as was the one blackwater took a few games back.

i do agree one of our guys needs to step up and do something about it.

brawler21
02-24-2008, 05:01 PM
actually eastern teams havent given us trouble. as i recall we handled regina excellently. the only eastern team to beat us so far is lethbridge.

as far as me listing only goaltender interference calls that's all i can go by because they don't have a penalty of "Running the goalie". running, bumping, slashing, touching or getting in the way of the goalie are all itemized as goaltender interference. sure some of the calls spokane got were probably just hard play. i do know that letts penalty was a clear run at pickard, as was the one blackwater took a few games back.

i do agree one of our guys needs to step up and do something about it.

you simply just arent tough enough nor have the backup goalie to risk it.

Tipped Off
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Agreed that there is a big difference between running the goalie and goltender interference.

I watched the Everett/Spoke game Friday night and Spokane was in Irving's face all night. But IMO it was just good strategy. You get in the goalie's grill, you try to redirect some pucks and if the defensive team can't move you out of there, you sit there all night long and hope it pays off. They didn't get called for GI in that game. It's obvious Spokane has concentrated on placing a guy in the goalie's kitchen and they've been called for some interference penalties....so what? What makes GI any worse than a boarding minor or cross-checking? They're all two minute penalties and's it's all risk/reward. If they were "running the goalie" they'd be getting called for larger penalties.

And the Wahl penalty really has no bearing on this conversation. That was a reactionary penalty on two hits Harty dished out. Somewill say Harty's hits should have been called, but either way that's a "2nd guy gets caught" penalty you see many times in hockey.

The short of it is, the Ams, Tips, whoever, has to get that Spoke player out o he'll sit there all night.

Now....all that being said....let's keep this conversation civil so we don't have to edit/monitor it. Keep it do the debate and not about each other.

chiefaholic
02-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Agreed that there is a big difference between running the goalie and goltender interference.

I watched the Everett/Spoke game Friday night and Spokane was in Irving's face all night. But IMO it was just good strategy. You get in the goalie's grill, you try to redirect some pucks and if the defensive team can't move you out of there, you sit there all night long and hope it pays off. They didn't get called for GI in that game. It's obvious Spokane has concentrated on placing a guy in the goalie's kitchen and they've been called for some interference penalties....so what? What makes GI any worse than a boarding minor or cross-checking? They're all two minute penalties and's it's all risk/reward. If they were "running the goalie" they'd be getting called for larger penalties.

And the Wahl penalty really has no bearing on this conversation. That was a reactionary penalty on two hits Harty dished out. Somewill say Harty's hits should have been called, but either way that's a "2nd guy gets caught" penalty you see many times in hockey.

The short of it is, the Ams, Tips, whoever, has to get that Spoke player out o he'll sit there all night.

Now....all that being said....let's keep this conversation civil so we don't have to edit/monitor it. Keep it do the debate and not about each other.

Well said, I agree 100% with all your points here. We do have a few guys that like to muck it up in front of the net. You are going to take an occasional GI penalty doing this. As you stated, That does not mean that the chiefs Are a dirty team that run goalies All the time. Have they done it? Sure...show me a team that hasn't Trifan2005. It happens , it's just as much a part of the game as anything else. Heck Reese runs our netminders almost everytime we play Tri. Just watch for it next time. I've seen him do it all too many times.

Pete76
02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
It's simple ... if the goalie stays in the crease ... then he won't get ran into the boards

as for that everett game, had they not had a "bank-shot" off the glass and back in front of the net, it would have been a different game ... I enjoy the rivalry with tri, but I look forward to Everett getting kicked out of the playoffs (my new least favorite team) !

Tipped Off
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey Pete.....you are late to the party. Everett has been a lot of people's least favorite team for about....eh....five years now...lol.

Anyway, It's good not to like teams. It makes the rivalry better and the games more fun to watch.

brawler21
02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Pete.....you are late to the party. Everett has been a lot of people's least favorite team for about....eh....five years now...lol.

Anyway, It's good not to like teams. It makes the rivalry better and the games more fun to watch.

dam this is going to be painful.........SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH... .......

The tips have come down to reality this year and the expansion benefits,great drafting that first year or two, and KC coaching has expired.....because of this, ironically, i think it will only make them stronger in the playoffs through hard work as opposed to trapping, cohersing the ref KC style, diving,ect and i think they will be a team that will let whoever they play in the first round know that their there physically. could be a repeat of what the chiefs did to them last year....burned the tips out for the second round.. That said, i still dont think they can go 7 games with the chiefs OR the Ams.......OR ATLEAST I HOPE NOT WITH THE CHIEFS....HEH HEH
but just like seattle....they could be the dark horse and upset somebody.....a new season begins soon and ANYTHING can happen!!!!! clrkthj

HomerSimpson
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Bowman was pushed into Pickard on Saturday night. He was standing over him and someone (Toll?) shoved him. All Bowman did was put his hands up to stop; his hands happened to be eye level with Pickard.

Did you guys have problems with Carey Price getting ran into? Not that I can remember anyways...but I also don't remember Price skating out to center ice, spinning in circles and squealing like a teenage girl after taking a shootout win here either.

Pickard got ran by Letts, and don't be surprised if it's not the last time it happens to him. May not be by the Chiefs, but he's only getting what he's asking for. Leland Irving came in here on Friday and pulled off a 35 save performance...he didn't gloat about it, he just took his #1 star award and left. That's the difference.

Donaghy did indeed tune McColm's bell for him...it reminded me of what he did to Vartovnik. vc1tt :karate:

TriFan2005
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
see pickard isn't cocky at all at home. i 've seen a few road games and haven't seen him act cocky or seem to be anywhere near it. honestly i can see bowman taking a goalie interference call that kid works hard night in night out and is always near the net or heading to it. letts tho honestly the kid has 7 points.... him running into pickard is obviously intentional.

as far as teams running the goalie i've seen spokane do it a few times (blackwater/bruton and i guess now letts). seattle did it once and we did it right back and that's that. everett hasn't "ran" pickard but beach tried to bump him (that's when mccolm tuned him up). one of the portland kids ran him once and it didn't get called and blah blah blah assistant coach terry virtue got the boot over that ordeal. so ya sure teams all run goalies, in fact we got a goal off of one earlier (reese btw whoever said that above) in the season. there's a huge difference though between bumping the goalie, being in his face to play the puck and running the goalie. never ever is it ok in my book to run a goalie. letts obviously ran the goalie, blackwater or bruton did it intentionally last time in tri. as far as the other calls spokane has had for it who knows i wasn't at the games but i just know its not clean hockey what letts did or what happened last time in tri. i'm sure you spokane fans would be crying wolf if we sent schmidt or mccolm straight at your goalie and took him out. sure you guys have 2 good goalies and sure you have more fighters on your team.

bottom line is you guys would be just as affected by us taking out tokarski as you taking out pickard and brawler i know for a fact if someone ran your goalie you would cry foul even if blackwater cleaned the guys clock after. running a goalie and taking him out for the season is a fair trade for a few black eyes from some teams goon and it's obvious spokane is willing to risk a few bumps and bruises hoping to take pickard out for the stretch.

it's okay though it just goes to show spokane obviously is thinking they can't beat tri with pickard in net or they wouldn't be gunning for him.

Pete76
02-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Again ... it's one thing to "run" the goalie in the crease, but pickard was on the boards behind the net when he got "run" by Letts ... I know, I know, Letts should have just stopped and let pickard play the puck up the ice ... its "touch-hockey" donchaknow:)

Rebelchild
02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Okay, I have to admit that this particular penalty absolutely drives me up the wall! :spineyes: There have been times when the intereference is obvious and it is a good call. Others, let's make that the majority, it looks (heavy on the LOOKS) like a player is going hard for the net, the other players are hot on their skate heels and the player trying to make the shot gets knocked arse over tea kettle and sometimes takes out the goalie in the process. I have also watched players get hit from behind who have done great gymnastic moves trying NOT to kill the goalie. No matter what the scenario the guy always seems to end up getting called for interference and the guy doing the hitting from behind, NO MATTER WHAT TEAM THEY PLAY FOR, skates off laughing!

The majority of the people - Chiefs and AMs alike - agree that Letss hit was bad. So be it. But to say that he couldn't have been going hard for the net because he only has 7 points is bunk! TRI played like crap Saturday. The fact that Letts got as close to the puck as often as he did and was actually in a position to make a run for the net says a lot.

TRI has no one that comes to mind, except for McColm, who will even try to make a stand and he doesn't like to fight! He defiitely doesn't like to fight Donny vc119 and the reason for that is obvious. Tyler Johnson has GOT to be one of the smallest players in the league and you do NOT see him backing down even one inch against guys that are substantially bigger, although obviously whimpier, than he is! So maybe Chet should talk to the guys on the team and explain that if they don't see fit to protect HIM then he sees no good reason to protect THEIR net!

In short - stop your whinning. Stop threatening our goalies with actions that you don't want done to yours. And get your guys to step up to the plate. There are several who have no problem jacking their jaws and don't bother telling me that that is all part of the game. The players on your team NOW are all you have. If they will not at least try to stand up for Chet and each other then no knight on a white horse is going to come riding in to save their arses! TRI has a lot of speed and some really good players but they are going to get real tired, real fast if they spend all night running and trying to get shots in at the same time.

The rivalry this year between the two teams is off the chart and I think that that is to be expected. But some of the things that are said are pretty petty. Who really cares if Chet dances? The fans cared a lot more about Chet visiting the wrong end of the ice than Tic did. He didn't even look at him! All the crap about Bruts is beyond irritating! We have a captain that steps in for his team. Either stop whinning or get one of your own! Good grief guys! BOTH OF THESE TEAMS ARE HAVING A GREAT YEAR! We all want to stand up for our players but at some point we have to agree to disagree and move on! You want to see some more great hockey? clrkthj Or you want to read where some kid, and they ARE kids, will never play hockey again because it was more important to "get even" than play?

Personally, I wouldn't mind biting my nails until the very last game of the regular season to see who is going to skate away in first place! This has been an awesome year for both teams and it isn't over yet! GO CHIEFS! :groovy:

Tipped Off
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Hmm....I think most people say Letts couldn;t have been going hard at the net because the hit didn't happen at the net. It happened behind the net where Chet was playing the puck.

Rebelchild
02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
True Tipped Off. My "generalizing" gets me in trouble sometimes. I guess the "always" or the "has a habit" statements annoy me. Then of course you throw the word "goons" around a few times. I TRY not to make too many excuses for poor behavior. Sometimes I figure another team has one coming - which doesn't make it right - just throws in what appears to be a universally accepted form of reasoning.

Away from the current subject here - somewhere I read something to the effect that a particular poster thought that this years Tips team was actually a better team because they are no longer playing hockey the Constantine way and have had to actually work for their wins. What do you think about that? I have a tendency to agree with it. I think that if you guys would just leave Beach at home when you come visit Spokane I would enjoy the games against you guys now as much as I do the games we play with TRI. I still don't like Dailey(?) much but he can still come. I do like Vartovnik for some reason.

Ams2Fan
02-26-2008, 04:19 PM
TRI has no one that comes to mind, except for McColm, who will even try to make a stand and he doesn't like to fight!

All the crap about Bruts is beyond irritating! We have a captain that steps in for his team. Either stop whinning or get one of your own! Good grief guys!

Actually, in the beginning of the year McColm was quoted as saying he hoped to get 20 goals and in 20 fights.

Sorry if you don't like our opinion about Bruton. He may say all the right things, but his actions speak louder than his words. Not only did he break Toll's jaw last year and gave Vey a concussion this year, but there is also a clip on the '06-'07 Highlights DVD of him checking yet another one of our players from behind. For the life of me I can't remember who and the DVD is too long for me to rewatch. I know that doesn't sound very credible, but I'm not making it up. Perhaps some other Tri fan can remember more details about that clip.

Some of the Spoke fans (not you, I'm just saying) have been claiming Pickard is classless and such because of his supposed actions at that game. We could tell those fans a hundred times that Chet is a great guy, a class act and they would still argue their case. For those of us that dislike Bruton, it's the same thing.

Pete76
02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
DING DING DING DING ... WE HAVE A WINNER!

Hmm....I think most people say Letts couldn;t have been going hard at the net because the hit didn't happen at the net. It happened behind the net where Chet was playing the puck.

Rebelchild
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I think that there is a lot about these players that we don't know about - much like the article you had I think it was on Pro maybe? - who went to the hospital to visit the girl that had handed out the stars at the end of the game.

As for Chet. My one wish had always been to see Carey display ANY kind of emotion so I really can't complain now that you have a goalie that obviously has a pulse and some figure skating genes too! LOL I think the Chet thing was a little blown out of proportion. I couldn't believe some of the posts I read. From what I could see, and I was close enough to see, Chet (for whatever reason) skated to our end of the ice, around the net and back up to his own. I don't think that Tic even looked at him. He finished taking a drink of his water with no visible side of effects from the "encroachment of Chet". Maybe I don't have enough testoterone to get overly excited over something like that. Not my strongest hormone I guess. LOL

On the other hand, with the clear exception of Beach who I cannot imagine standing up for under ANY circumstances, I really prefer to believe that some of the hits that the players get nailed for are not done to intentionally injure someone. That is not to say that people don't get hurt. Those guys spend three, 20 minute periods bouncing each other off walls, knocking people on the ice and punching them in the mouth - when they aren't actually trying to score! Tell me you are not going to end up with some injuries.

Combine that with the amount of adrenaline that they must have going when they hit that ice and I would think that we are probably lucky that there are not more injuries. I can live with someone not liking Bruts, or anyone else on our team for that matter, and I have no problem reading why. I DO have a problem when they can't let it go and when they put out the "holier-than-thou", "our team would NEVER" vc178 . Yeah - ya would and you have and you probably will again.

Bottom line - we want good hockey games clrkthj We both would love to have a/and or another banner to hang. We all want to win! I hate it when the season is almost over. Has anyone started a countdown yet for next year?

So let's vci22 to the hockey gods and hope they smile on us! Here is to a great, uninjured, rest of the year!

Ams2Fan
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Well said, Rebelchild.

And I just realized I made a mistake in my last post so before anyone has an aneurysm, thought I don't think it was ever officially announced, Vey did not actually have a concussion, but was indeed injured.

I think there are VERY few instances of intent to injure, however, I think there are A LOT of instances of CFB, boarding, charging and such where the offender should have let up and didn't. In other words, they didn't mean to hurt the guy, but they were committing a penalty and there is always a risk of hurting someone when you do something illegal. That's why it's illegal. And yes, hockey in general is a risky sport, but it makes it even more so when you pull that kind of crap.

HomerSimpson
02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Actually, in the beginning of the year McColm was quoted as saying he hoped to get 20 goals and in 20 fights.

Sorry if you don't like our opinion about Bruton. He may say all the right things, but his actions speak louder than his words. Not only did he break Toll's jaw last year and gave Vey a concussion this year, but there is also a clip on the '06-'07 Highlights DVD of him checking yet another one of our players from behind. For the life of me I can't remember who and the DVD is too long for me to rewatch. I know that doesn't sound very credible, but I'm not making it up. Perhaps some other Tri fan can remember more details about that clip.

Some of the Spoke fans (not you, I'm just saying) have been claiming Pickard is classless and such because of his supposed actions at that game. We could tell those fans a hundred times that Chet is a great guy, a class act and they would still argue their case. For those of us that dislike Bruton, it's the same thing.

Don't take my comments the wrong way (because I'm enjoying this conversation hopefully along with everyone else), but I sit VERY close to the Chiefs bench, and I usually hear alot of the chatter that happens throughout the game. With our fourth line (Letts, Kelner, Donaghy) on the bench for the majority of the game, only seeing 2-3 shifts a period, they tend to do alot of heckling. Now, most players ignore them, or simply turn around and smile or wink, but there are the occasional few who simply antagonize them and bring on more insults. Pickard is one of these players, who every time he makes a save seems like he has something to say to these guys. Not to say that Letts was justified by any means in what he did (running the goalie should never be done, kids), but I'm sure that Pickard challenged Letts in some way, shape or form.

And it's also unfair to say that the Ams were not there to send a message after this happened. I wish there were video posted somewhere on it, because I think Reddick (though I'm not sure) was rather quick into Letts' face, but Kelner grabbed his jersey from behind; keeping him away from Letts and drawing himself a roughing penalty. The Ams were there to defend Pickard, but personally I think Pickard may have gotten more done if he had took a swing on Letts or someone else for that matter --- instead he played dead to hopefully draw a longer penalty. If the goalie is upset, the team will be upset.

Also, not to defend Bruton's hit from behind on Vey, since again there is no defending checking from behind...but Vey is a major trash talker as well. I've seen him gloat, scream and showboat just like a bunch of others. In the 2nd period; after the game Saturday was 4-2, he got right in Bruton's grill and was talking smack...to which Bruton gave a death look as if to warn Vey...which only caused Vey to talk more smack.

Let's chalk all of this up to two rival teams battling for the division banner? Both sides have their rights and their wrongs, right?

LinkGaetzFan
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
This whole conversation makes me think back > 10 years ago when the style was much rougher. Any team who remotely bumped the opposing goalie was asking to get run over or have their scorers targeted by the team's 4 line of meatheads. Personally I hope to see more of that style in the future. Can it get any better than having a center who scores 40 goals and has 40 fights?

Pete76
02-26-2008, 11:06 PM
This whole conversation makes me think back > 10 years ago when the style was much rougher.

no-touch icing has helped ... I wonder what it would be like to watch two period of hockey back to back with the old icing rules and the old two line pass rules

TriFan2005
02-26-2008, 11:54 PM
as far as pickard talking trash to your 4th line i don't see how that works. you say the boys are on the bench yet pickard talks trash to them after a save? does he scream it at the top of his lungs? i can feintly hear it now "HEY LETT'S HOWS THE PINE TREATING YOU? I'VE GOT MORE POINTS THAN YOU DO!!!!!!" really even if a guy is talking trash non-stop it's no reason to take a cheap shot on him. yellow horn talks up a storm, im not sure if you guys notice it or not, but he has the biggest mouth. would it be ok for some 4th line bruiser to lay a dirty hit on him? no way. cote from spokane a few years back also had a rather large mouth but it was still called dirty hockey if someone put him in his place.

as far as tri not having anyone to step up and fight you guys are wrong. mestery has dropped a few times this year and each time he did well. mccolm does decent (gave beach a concussion before the xmas break) and i dunno where you guys think donaghy owns him because honestly the fights ive seen of them 2 are flat out boring. 2 lanky kids jockeying for position. schmidt can throw some good punches as well. also gardner isn't too shabby. toll and plouffe should keep the gloves on though. i've seen them get bloodied one too many times this year.

as far as my views of bruton well it's my opinion and sure i only see him 10 times a year and yeah he wears the wrong uniform for me to like him. however he has shown nothing but lack of class to me. especially for being a captain. if your teams captain leads the team in suspensions that tells you the style your team plays. thats that and you can't argue against it.

Ams4life
02-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Ok so maybe I went a bit overboard on the previous post and your not htat bad of a cheap shot team this year but I do believe that Letts is a Joke! Also you could use a better captain other than one who leads the team im suspensions! The coach should have sent a message to the team that the cheap crap would not be tollerated and stripped him of the "C"! We don't have any enforcers so congrats on beating up on McColm and Pickard! If we had Booggard it would not have happend and if it did then Letts would have been singing a different tune when it was over and done with. vci33