PDA

View Full Version : Spokane wants Wuchterl Suspended

Tipped Off
01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Excerpt from the Seattle Times...

...The last power play lasted five minutes when Michael Wuchterl was called for a major boarding penalty and given a game misconduct. The Spokane power play was spread over two periods, but a Chad Klassen shot that could have tied the score 2-2 rang off the top of the cross bar early in the third period.

Spokane coach Al Conroy expects Wuchterl to be suspended after Spokane center Chris Bruton needed stitches to close a gash to his head.

"He (Wuchterl) is going to be gone for a long time," Conroy predicted. "Bruton needed six to eight stitches, and who knows about a concussion? The league is definitely going to get a copy of the tape."

Did anyone see the hit on the web feed or from the bench side of the arena? I sit on the box side and the hit didn't seem that bad. It was definately dirty and worth the mis conduct...wuchterl had just been rocked and was looking for revenge...but it certainly didn't seem THAT outrageous.

a7x
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
I was listening to the game when that happened, and the Spokane radio guy compared the hit to the hit Big Snake laid on Desautels in Portland last season. I was at that game, and I didn't think the Big Snake hit was that bad, but then I saw it on video and it was definately a very dirty hit. The Spokane radio guy was saying how Wuchterl was just skating around hitting anything in a red jersey, and that he was going to be in a fight soon if he kept it up, and them BAM, the big hit on Bruton which led to a fight between Lapointe and Wuchterl.

Tipped Off
01-17-2005, 03:02 PM
"The Spokane radio guy was saying how Wuchterl was just skating around hitting anything in a red jersey"

Hehg, that's all Wuchterl EVER does. Look at his points/game...he's not out there for his scoring. He's just a human bulldozer. Funny thing is I had just told my wife before the game how Wuchterl had toned it down lately.

upper level fan
01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I watched the internet feed and at first it didnt look that bad but when they showed the replay you could see why it was bad because he was just the right distance away from the boards that it looked like he might have hit his head on the boards and he didnt come completly from behind but it was far enough Brutton couldnt see him coming. But right after the hit and before Lapoint and wucteral got into it Mercer threw a shot over Lapoint's shoulder that just snapped Wucterals head back. He also definatly took a good run at him to so that could another reason it looked bad almost like he came from the other sid e of the rink. I could really tell were he came from on the internet feed but you could tell and the Everett radio guys even said that they thought He was going to get a Major charging call.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I haven't been watching the WHL site lately........has he been suspended? If not........I wonder if the Chiefs players will handle this themselves.......It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bruton was the guy that goes looking for him.......pretty tough kid.

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I dopnt know if he suspended or not. Actually i hope he plays tonight. But the last time I checked though Bruton was out with a concussion so i doubt he plays tonight. I hoping we either see lapiont or Mercer do it because im interested to see how tough these two guys are. We kind of know how tough Lapoint is from when he played for Portland, but I also think he has the stat of mind that he has to prove that hes better than what his stats showed this year. So i have a feeling tonight might be a better Everett game than normal. Just might be a little chippy.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Good.......maybe the Chiefs will force Everett to play Chiefs hockey for a change......The games are much better if the Chiefs can get a 2-3 goal lead and force the Tips to play catch up......and if the game gets ugly, I don't think Everett can keep up at all.

ihlemic10
01-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Not to spite any of you, its just I was looking at it from my seat at the end of the arena and it looked mostly clean. The ironic thing about this is I was talking with Wucterl and his Billet last week and he was talking about how he wanted to tone it down. This was becuase the Officals were treating him like a goon. Hopefully your guy isn't injured so that he can't play. Right now we have Injured players from hits in games in December. I don't like when teams have injuered players like this.

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Watching it on the Everett vidio feed what made it a cheap shot was the distance the spokane guy was away from the boards and how he hit him ointo the boards. If he hits him straight up or the Spokane guy is closer or further away from the boards it clean. And it was hard to tell for sure on the video but it also looked like he took a run at him from a good distance away because he just got hit to. Brutton is out with a concussion. I just hope that in wucteral plays tonight that one of our guys doesnt jump him that he gets him to square up and fight evenly and then it would be settled. So do you know if he's playing tonight or is there a automatic game suspension for a 5 minute major?

upper level fan
01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
And are you going to make it to the game here in Spokane tonight? If you do I sit in sec 202 row c seats 1,2, or 3 depending on were my wife or daughter sit. I always like to see fans from the other team there. I think its great to show your support to your team on the road.

90-91
01-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Not to spite any of you, its just I was looking at it from my seat at the end of the arena and it looked mostly clean. The ironic thing about this is I was talking with Wucterl and his Billet last week and he was talking about how he wanted to tone it down. This was becuase the Officals were treating him like a goon. Hopefully your guy isn't injured so that he can't play. Right now we have Injured players from hits in games in December. I don't like when teams have injuered players like this.
Granted, I was watching the game on the internet feed.....so I don't have an "in person" account.......but it did look like a pretty vicious hit. I believe Bruton is out with a concusion.....and after the hit you could see that he was out on his feet while the trainer held him up. IMO you could see this hit coming for several minutes......after Mercer laid out Wuchterl.....Wuchterl skated around looking for "pay back".....Bruton just happened to be the opportunity that presented itself. You know how it goes......no WHL suspension........and Wuchterl might be forced to answer the bell tonight. LaPointe might try to finish what he started or Stoesz or Desautels will find him, but they better put Love out on ever shift with Wuchterl, because I'd imagine some Chiefs will pull him aside for a chat.

ihlemic10
01-21-2005, 12:52 PM
it sounds like there could be a nice line-brawl tonight, that would be fun.

90-91
01-21-2005, 12:58 PM
it sounds like there could be a nice line-brawl tonight, that would be fun.
Hard to say........but the Chiefs can't be too happy with the hit BUT also with their record against the Tips. Maybe the Chiefs will try to play a rough game tonight, instead of playing the Tips style. The Tips style of play has never worked out too well for Spoke........maybe it's time for a change of pace? Couldn't hurt.
Have fun at the game tonight :) Did you ever get tickets?

ihlemic10
01-21-2005, 01:04 PM
nope. Had no money or ride over there, and I can't do the BC trip over.

90-91
01-21-2005, 01:27 PM
nope. Had no money or ride over there, and I can't do the BC trip over.
Well that sucks.......I'll do my best to give you an unbiased re-cap of tonights events, tommorow........but I'll warn you now I am a little bit of a Homer :) but I'll let you know how things go.

speedkills
01-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Watching it on the Everett vidio feed what made it a cheap shot was the distance the spokane guy was away from the boards and how he hit him ointo the boards. If he hits him straight up or the Spokane guy is closer or further away from the boards it clean. And it was hard to tell for sure on the video but it also looked like he took a run at him from a good distance away because he just got hit to. Brutton is out with a concussion. I just hope that in wucteral plays tonight that one of our guys doesnt jump him that he gets him to square up and fight evenly and then it would be settled. So do you know if he's playing tonight or is there a automatic game suspension for a 5 minute major?

the boarding call in hockey EXISTS! There is a danger zone when a player is a certain distance from the boards...we teach this to kids when they start checking in Pee Wees. Your description here is precisely why it was called.

speedkills
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Well that sucks.......I'll do my best to give you an unbiased re-cap of tonights events, tommorow........but I'll warn you now I am a little bit of a Homer :) but I'll let you know how things go.

LOL...I'll keep ya in check...NOT!

90-91, your fight recaps are usually pretty objective in my opinion...but then that's from one Homer to another...lol

ihlemic10
01-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Its offical, the WHL announed the one game suspension today.

upper level fan
01-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Was a great game Spokane definatly out played everett the whole time. The only fight I would have to give Jason Lynch the win with out a doubt over Blatchford. I would have to say I think thats the first fight i have seen him win here in spokane.