PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Bidding For 2010 World Juniors

Scout
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone,

Saskatoon is bidding on the 2010 World Junior hockey championships. A poll is currently being held on hockeycanada.ca and fans can vote for which city they feel would be the best host. This is obviously something that we all want and would be a huge boost to the provinces economy.

Please take the two seconds that it takes to vote and forward this on to everyone you know!

The link is www.hockeycanada.ca. The poll question is on the right hand side of the web page.

Thanks!

Flathead
02-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Hey everyone,

Saskatoon is bidding on the 2010 World Junior hockey championships. A poll is currently being held on hockeycanada.ca and fans can vote for which city they feel would be the best host. This is obviously something that we all want and would be a huge boost to the provinces economy.

Please take the two seconds that it takes to vote and forward this on to everyone you know!

The link is www.hockeycanada.ca. The poll question is on the right hand side of the web page.

Thanks!
I wonder if there would ever be a chance that they could play a game in Swift, in our new rink. Even if it was Kazakhstan vs Denmark it would be fun and we never get any "special" games here in Swift.

Toswammi
02-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I wonder if there would ever be a chance that they could play a game in Swift, in our new rink. Even if it was Kazakhstan vs Denmark it would be fun and we never get any "special" games here in Swift.

Yeah i was thinking the same. I would imagine that if any game were played in Swift it would be an exhibition game though as the big centers would want the ticket games.
Also hear that the Can/Rus thingy is rumored to be coming to Swift next year.

wango tango
02-25-2008, 12:35 PM

unfortunately ihf and hockey canada rules prevent this from happening.

ointhecreek
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
unfortunately ihf and hockey canada rules prevent this from happening.
What kind of post is that? You want to share the reason why?

Toswammi
02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
If it does come to Saskatoon, i will be at every team Canada game.....Thats a Guarantee

wango tango
02-25-2008, 09:33 PM
What kind of post is that? You want to share the reason why?

if saskatoon is selected to host the wjhc's, i'm assuming all of the games with team canada (let's say pool a) would be played there. perhaps all of pool b's games as well. now if all of pool b's games are played somewhere else, it would be regina. this effectively eliminates swift current from hosting a game even if it were only a kazakhstan vs denmark game as flathead suggested. swift current would be eliminated for two reasons: 1 - proximity to saskatoon, it's too far. 2 - because of logistics ihf only wants two venues.

wardog fan
02-25-2008, 09:52 PM
thats bullcrap, the last time saskatoon held the touri, it was played in regina as well as a game in moose jaw and i do believe esle where within the province, i dont know if things have changed but i would think games could be played eslewhere pool b in regina could be spilt up if regina wanted it to be

Flathead
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
if saskatoon is selected to host the wjhc's, i'm assuming all of the games with team canada (let's say pool a) would be played there. perhaps all of pool b's games as well. now if all of pool b's games are played somewhere else, it would be regina. this effectively eliminates swift current from hosting a game even if it were only a kazakhstan vs denmark game as flathead suggested. swift current would be eliminated for two reasons: 1 - proximity to saskatoon, it's too far. 2 - because of logistics ihf only wants two venues.
Why would it have to be Regina??? Swift is about 7 miles further to Saskatoon than Regina is, that 7 miles puts us out?? I know when the tourney is played overseas not all games are played at the host city and I see no reason why the other games would have to be played in Regina.

wango tango
02-26-2008, 09:02 AM
thats bullcrap, the last time saskatoon held the touri, it was played in regina as well as a game in moose jaw and i do believe esle where within the province, i dont know if things have changed but i would think games could be played eslewhere pool b in regina could be spilt up if regina wanted it to be

a lot has changed since saskatoon last hosted the wjhc's. the teams at the 2006 wjhc's were not happy with the three venue setup. consequently 2007 sweden two venues, 2008 czech republic two venues, 2009 ottawa two venues. 2010 my guess is it would be saskatoon and regina. regina is larger and can sell more tickets helping with the profit guarantee.

wango tango
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Why would it have to be Regina??? Swift is about 7 miles further to Saskatoon than Regina is, that 7 miles puts us out?? I know when the tourney is played overseas not all games are played at the host city and I see no reason why the other games would have to be played in Regina.

why regina? venue size within a reasonable proximity. and 2 venue max (i'd be surprised, and pleasantly so, if the ihf and hockey canada allowed more than 2).