PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Games

Douglas
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Almost nothing said about the weekend games. Any comments? A difference of a few weeks earlier would have resulted in a playoff spot.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Almost nothing said about the weekend games. Any comments? A difference of a few weeks earlier would have resulted in a playoff spot.
I think nothing has been said about this winning streak is because the Blades are out of a playoff spot,but it is good for morale,and a longer winning streak would obviously make the Blades overall record more respectable.

Another thing I would like to add: When Molleken said that Holtby would be playing the majority of the games he was not kidding,and I just can not see Zemlak being around next year,but he is a good goalie. I hope Zemlak can find a team where he could possibily become the starter. I think he has that type of potential.

wango tango
02-25-2008, 09:47 PM

i think you're seeing few posts about the weekend because the team won and is playing well. seems to me there are some on here who like to do nothing except complain. hard to do that when the team is winning (even if they are going to miss the playoffs this season).

who's impressed on d? klassen (+1 for the season), zahn (playing very solid), and niemi (although he is pinching a little more than he should imo). elliott looks like he's out of gas (not unexpected given he's a 16 and it's his rookie year). these are your top four for next season.

who's impressed at f? the hamilton, langkow, toomey line. gillies might make the show next season. durand has shown leadership. fiala looks much better now that he is healthy again. i can see reich being one of the blades 20's next season. he's the kind of guy you hate to play against, and yes there is the drawback of some questionable penalties taken. for the last month hulak is doing the things expected of him all season (although you could say the same about the whole team). dziurzynski creates opportunities by driving the net and working well in the corners, he might be out of gas a bit as he has been less noticeable the last couple of games.

Douglas
02-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Seems to me that this is a good time to assess the teams performance. You can see true character when the only thing left to play for is pride, and to make other teams earn their playoff position. Watching the boys over the weekend, I was struck by their determination to carry on, obviously they feel they can still make a statement to other teams and themselves. That indicates a solid foundation to win next year depending on roster changes.

The other thing was the first time appearance of Sohn from Medicine Hat. Seems like he got about a dozen shifts. Looks like strong potential for next year.