PDA

View Full Version : Fan Bus Cancelled

Scout
02-27-2008, 05:00 PM
West Bound Pizza Hut Fan Bus Cancelled

The Swift Current Broncos have announced that the Pizza Hut Fan Bus, which was set to travel to Lethbridge and Kootenay, March 7th and 8th has been cancelled.

The minimum required number of 30 people did not sign up for the bus.

For more information contact:

Jordan Wall, Director of Marketing & Sales 773-1509, Ext. 3
Tracy Lemon, Public/Media Relations Director 773-1509, Ext. 9

Toswammi
02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Sadly i knew it would happen. Oh well, at least i will see Ern there lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I find that rather dissapointing that something like this could not happen(Yes I am a Saskatoon Blades STH) but still the Broncos have a good team and you would hope that the club could organize a fan bus to watch some games on the road,even though speeedy creek is not that big(compared to other WHL cities) you would hope that their fans would stick together,but maybe that is too far for some people?

Hopefully future bus trips are sucessful though.

good luck in the playoffs :thumb: :wave:

Toswammi
02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I find that rather dissapointing that something like this could not happen(Yes I am a Saskatoon Blades STH) but still the Broncos have a good team and you would hope that the club could organize a fan bus to watch some games on the road,even though speeedy creek is not that big(compared to other WHL cities) you would hope that their fans would stick together,but maybe that is too far for some people?

Hopefully future bus trips are sucessful though.

good luck in the playoffs :thumb: :wave:

I wanna think a few things worked against this:
1. $200 price point isn't the cheapest. In Swift that matters a lot when ppl make their decisions.
2. Traveling home after the Kootenay game from Cranny. It keeps the cost down, but arriving in Swift at 5:00 am isn't too appealing.
3. I guess the departure time could have had something to do with it too.

With that said in the playoffs, fan buses will probably be a go, (as long as it ain't Brandon we are playing)

ointhecreek
02-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I wanna think a few things worked against this:
1. $200 price point isn't the cheapest. In Swift that matters a lot when ppl make their decisions.
2. Traveling home after the Kootenay game from Cranny. It keeps the cost down, but arriving in Swift at 5:00 am isn't too appealing.
3. I guess the departure time could have had something to do with it too.

With that said in the playoffs, fan buses will probably be a go, (as long as it ain't Brandon we are playing)
What kept me from signing up was the long bus trip back from Cranbrook after the game. What is it from Swift, about 6 hours by bus? After a weekend of partying I don't think my old bones would take a cramped 6 hour bus ride. I don't even like taking the greyhound to Medicine Hat. :skeptical

Believer
02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
What kept me from signing up was the long bus trip back from Cranbrook after the game. What is it from Swift, about 6 hours by bus? After a weekend of partying I don't think my old bones would take a cramped 6 hour bus ride. I don't even like taking the greyhound to Medicine Hat. :skeptical

The fans in Speedy Creek are just getting too old I guess. ;)

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I went to sign up for the bus after the first period the other night and was told that there was only 1 (one) person confirmed for the trip and a minimum of 30 were required to make it go.

ointhecreek
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
The fans in Speedy Creek are just getting too old I guess. ;)
Can't speak for the rest but I know I am, lol. I know the trips are a great time though, especially back in 89. Boogaard'd

Toswammi
02-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Can't speak for the rest but I know I am, lol. I know the trips are a great time though, especially back in 89. Boogaard'd

Heck the playoffs last year were a good time