PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Letts

Ams4life
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
So I was wondering what the chief fans think of his antics. He is not the greatest player i mena his skating is lack luster and in 52 games this year he has um 4 points. no wonder why Calgary got rid of him! He is pretty much a GOON! Congrats! I am happy to say we don't have any players of his caliber on our team! Nice hit he made on chet aswell! I wish he could have met Booggard!

Rebelchild
02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
When you come in with the attitude that you have it is a little hard to believe that you will even read a response if it doesn't follow what you want it to say, but I am going to give it a shot.
Here are a couple of questions for you. Do you have ANY players on your team that have single digit numbers when it comes to goals? Or are we to believe that all of your players are Colton Yellowhorns? Not every player on the ice is either supposed to, or is going to, make the same amount of goals as the next guy. As far as I know the coach isn't going to tell the guy making all the points to stop scoring until the rest of the team catches up.
Secondly. How many years did you have Boogard? His name keeps coming up a lot lately, usually from an AMs fan and in conjunction with the word "goon". You lost your "goon" or I guess in your case he was an "enforcer". Another one of those double standard things.
I doubt that too many people really know everything that there is behind a trade deal although every one seems to have an opinion. I would say that, on the whole, we have done pretty good with trades etc this year and it is working well for us.
Here's the last question. Is Ryan the ONLY player who has ever "run" Chet? Have you EVER had a player who "ran" a goalie? Any goalie?
It is nice to have an opinion and to be able to voice it. But at some point you have to let it go. Ryan took the penalty. He has been disembowled on every forum there is. You would think that he invented this penalty and was the only one to have ever comitted it.
I am not buying that your guys never do anything even a little bit questionable. Hockey doesn't work that way. Most people, Chief fans included, agree that Letts made a bad hit. So be it. I don't think you can call it a "habit" and I don't think it will be allowed to become one. IMHO

Ams4life
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I understand what you are saying i have played hockey since i was four years old and been on two state champion teams! I know that not every player can score 40 goals but I also understand that a player should do everything possible to not hit the goalie. Letts made a bad hit ok we all know that i was just voicing my opinion since the other forum was closed by the GREAT modderators who tend to be like dictators of a third world country at times! I know that Booggard could be a goon and sometimes a team needs that but not to make bad hits they are there to try and keep that from happening by being a deterent. Booggard could actually score with 10 goals and 11 assists last year! Yea you guys have a great back up goalie in Armstrong and we lack in that department that is why Chet seems to be such a big target! Good Luck and it should be a great endding to the season

TriFan2005
02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
i will speak in honesty. we actually do have a few players with less than 10 pts (like letts). we've got rookie D-man Lane werbowski with 2 pts in 32 games. we've got rookie joel ridgeway with 5 pts in 40 games. rookie jason gardiner managed 6 pts in 33games. D-man kevin kraus (no longer on team) 5 pts in 21 games. Mitch McColm 7 pts in 45 games. Drew Hoff 8 pts 58 games. Rookie mason wilgosh 8 pts 38 games.
Letts has 51 games total and 4 points. we've got rookies that played way less games that are outscoring letts. i guess he's on the 4th line so he don't see much ice but i dunno just wanted to state that to put letts production in perspective to other teams non-regulars/rookies.

Rebelchild
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with what both of you are saying. I think that emotions have been running a little high and people have been a little thin-skinned with everything being so close in the standings. I got into a lot of trouble at the beginning of the year by one of your fans because I made the statement that most teams have "a" goalie and then someone that they throw in just in case. My point being that most teams seem to have a starting goalie and the backup hardly ever sees the light of day. At the time I was trying to make the point that once Chet got out of Carey's shadow people might be surprised at what he coild do and it turns out I was actually right! yeehoo We are very lucky in having Tic and Army who can both get the done job in net. But last year, we really could have been in a great BIG world of hurt when Army went out during the playoffs if Tic had not been able to step up for us BIG time. I would never want to see any player hurt, well there might be one exception where a minor injury wouldn't bother me (BAM! hehe), and if the hitt Ryan put on Chet were to look like it was becoming a bad habit then I woild expect not only our coaching staff but the other players to step in and tell him to clean his act up or spend a lot of time being a very bored observer. That being said folks - here is to one GREAT season! Who would ever have thought that the Chiefs and the AMs would be tied with Vancouver! applause What a year we have had. Hopefully we will be meeting up at some point in the playoffs! GO CHIEFS!

TriFan2005
02-28-2008, 04:41 PM
yea yea great season. i thought we'd be sitting in the cellar this year and here we are at the top looking down!. the chiefs surprised me a ton too but ever since our preseason tourney i knew the chiefs were the team we had to beat.

HAF
02-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Ams4life, take it down a notch. This thread had absolutley no purpose but to start another anti-chief debate. Give it a rest already. Theres plenty to talk about without these same three topics showing up in every single thread.