PDA

View Full Version : Pats wearing 90th Anniversary jerseys against Chilliwack

Fight Guy
02-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Going to be auctioning them off for 90th Anniversary night. Look kinda snazzy. Kinda of a cool design. I like the arms.

I'm sure there will be an article in the Leader Post about them tomorrow I would imagine.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/Golker/90pats.jpg

patsdude114
02-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Man we got a special jersey for everything it seems the last few years......

Our camo jerseys, our breast cancer jerseys, st patty's day jersey for some examples.

Why doesnt Parker just make a special jersey for every home game....

Now i know these jersey auctions are for a great cause but come on why cant they jsut auction off their regular game wore jersey's instead.

Fight Guy
02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Errrrr....you may have spoken too soon. Though not their regular jerseys, sounds like they will be auctioning off there 3rd jerseys on fan appreciation night...lol. I may look to pick up one of those ones.

Fight Guy
03-01-2008, 01:47 AM
To be honest...I thought the jerseys looked great! The only thing I didn't like was the logo. Didn't look good on them. Perhaps with a Pats logo or bulldog logo on it would look great.

Kinda thought that maybe they are planning on making them their new thirds. They are planning on auctioning off the current 3rds at the end of the season. Perhaps for good?

By the way, for those who couldn't figure it or haven't seen them, they are the same design as the Minnesota Wild's red home jerseys. Look great!

dondo
03-01-2008, 02:30 AM
90 years is pretty damn impressive (I thought Portland being over 30 years was pretty damn good) -- congrats folks.. the WHL hasn't been around 90 years has it, where were the Pats before that?

nivek_wahs
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I could type a lot but I will stick to years and leagues that the Pats played in.... Junior hockey wasn't too prevalent back in the day so for a few years there may have been as few as 2 teams in a league and played as few as 5 or 6 games.

1917-18: Saskatchewan Hockey Association - Group 1 - Junior Group
1918-19: Saskatchewan Amateur Hockey Association - Regina Junior Group
1919-20: Saskatchewan Amateur Hockey Association - Regina Junior Group
1920-21: Inner City Hockey League
1921-22: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1922-23: Saskatchewan Amateur Hockey Association - Regina Junior Group
1923-24: Saskatchewan Amateur Hockey Association - Regina Junior Group
1924-25: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1925-26: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1926-27: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1927-28: The Pats merged with the Regina Falcons to become the Regina Monarchs (one season only)
1928-29: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1929-30: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1930-31: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1931-32: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1932-33: Inner City Junior Hockey League
1933-34: Inner City Junior Hockey League

The Pats were disbanded in the fall of 1934 due to financial problems...

nivek_wahs
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
But were brought back to life in 1946...

1946-47 & 1947-48: Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League
1948-49 to 1955-56: Western Junior Hockey League (possibly names Western Canadian Junior Hockey League... I have both as possibilities)
1956-57 to 1965-66: Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League
1966-67: Canadian Major Junior Hockey League (what is known as the WHL)
1967-68: Western Canadian Junior Hockey League (what is known as the WHL)
1968-69 to 1969-70: Saskatchewan Amateur Junior Hockey League
1970-71 to 1977-78: Western Canadian Junior Hockey League (the what is known as the WHL)
1978-present: Western Hockey League

nivek_wahs
03-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Rod's Blog (http://www.rodpedersen.com)

PATS 5 BRUINS 4

REGINA -- Jordan Eberle became the first Regina Pat to score 40 goals since Matt Hubbauer in 2002, and his hattrick led the Pats to a 5-4 triumph over the Chilliwack Bruins Friday night before over 5,700 fans in the Brandt Centre.

It looked grim early for the Pats, and their red 90th anniversary commemorative jerseys looked like a jinx, as the Bruins jumped to a 3-0 first period lead on goals by Evan Pighin (2) and Oscar Moller. Starting Regina goalie Linden Rowat was chased from the net after allowing three goals on seven shots. All three were on the powerplay. But Eberle scored the first of his three before the opening frame was over to make it 3-1. Tim Kraus scored in the second to make it 3-2, and Eberle netted his second of the night early in the third to tie it up.

Brandon Campos scored for Chilliwack midway through the third to restore their lead, but Eberle struck again to knot it at 4-4. Moments later, Kraus scored again for the Pats and it stood up as the game-winner. The place went nuts.

It was a rare night where the Pats lost the special teams battle, but won the game. They were 1/6 on the powerplay, and only 3/6 killing penalties. They overpowered the Bruins 37-17 on the shotclock and it was the second straight game Chilliwack had a 3-0 lead, only to lose it in regulation.

"I think that's the first time all year we came back and won when losing after two periods," noted Pats assistant coach Terry Perkins on the postgame show, "That just shows our resolve. We really need to bare down on our penalty-kill though, and we were lucky that didn't cost us. But it puts us on a real roll heading into the Calgary game (Sunday at 6pm in the Brandt Centre)."

The Pats seemed like a loose bunch in this game, and played with an edge. Their passes were crisp, they had poise around the net, and they laid punishing hits. That's Pats hockey. We'd hoped Wednesday's win over Kamloops would restore their confidence, and perhaps it did.

"Why would they lack confidence? They're in first-place," a former Pats player asked me in between periods.

"Because everytime they turn around they're told how crappy they're playing," I replied.

Well, two's a fluke and three's a streak.

Let's see what they do against the Hitmen on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

nivek_wahs
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Greg Harder's Slap Shots (http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx)

Eberle to the rescue . . . again
It was early in the third period of Friday’s game against the Chilliwack Bruins when someone in the press box asked an interesting question:
Where would the Pats be without Jordan Eberle?
It’s worth noting that the query was raised before Eberle even got warmed up. He went on to score his third goal of the game and added his fifth point by setting up Tim Kraus for the game-winner in a 5-4 victory.
"What a show he put on," declared Kraus.
Yes, indeed. The performance was truly a sight to behold.
“We didn’t expect Eberle to have the night he did,” offered Bruins head coach Jim Hiller, whose team only sees Regina once a year. “I thought he was terrific.”
Anyone who watches the Pats on a regular basis has seen this act before.
Eberle, who now has 40 goals, is a special talent and the only pure scorer on a team that is leading the East Division even though it doesn’t have anyone else with as many as 20 goals this season. Logan Pyett, a defenceman, is second on the club with 18.
To be fair, Tim Kraus is having a nice year with 60 points, 45 of them helpers. Kraus also has the ability to find the net, as evidenced by his two goals on Friday to give him 15 on the season. Both were quick, accurate shots from the slot courtesy of passes from Eberle.
“Timmy scored by being in the slot — twice,” noted head coach Curtis Hunt, who needs better production from his other lines, especially the second unit of Scott Doucet, J.D. Watt and Rudolf Cerveny. “Hopefully the guys see it first-hand and we get better commitment (to follow the lead of Kraus and Eberle).”
Don’t forget unheralded linemate Michael MacAngus, who’s third on the team with 17 goals. He added two assists on Friday to give the line an 11-point night.
“The last few games I thought we’ve played really good as a line and we’ve had chances, we just haven’t been putting them in,” noted Kraus. “We’ve been hitting posts and missing a lot of open nets. I think tonight we put the team on our backs and got the job done.”
They had little choice after Regina’s penalty killing unit allowed three quick goals in the first period. Chilliwack has the best road power play in the league, which was a focus on Regina’s pre-game preparation.
So much for that.
“It’s obviously not an ideal start,” added Kraus. “The penalty kill has been killing us lately. That’s not what we wanted but we showed a lot of character to battle back. We kept skating hard, we kept putting pucks to the net and got at their goalie. We knew if we did that their D was going to crack. They’re pretty big slow guys so, as long as we were taking it at them, as the game went on they were going to crack.”
It was the second straight game in which the Pats played hard from the drop of the puck but still found themselves breathing a sigh of relief when it was over.
On Wednesday against the Kamloops Blazers — another team with a losing record — Regina’s power play went south on its first 11 chances before it finally came to the rescue with two late goals in a 3-2 win. Yes, the Pats are winning, but they don’t seem to do anything the easy way.
“We got the four points the last two games,” noted Eberle, “but I don’t think we need to make it that hard every night.
“Everyone knows the standings are so close right now,” he added. “We need two points in every game we can get from now on and I think that really motivated us to win this game. We haven’t had a third-period comeback this year. That’s something that was addressed (in the second intermission) and I think we came out and answered it.”
As for where the Pats would be without Eberle . . . that’s one question the team better hope it doesn’t have to answer any time soon.

nivek_wahs
03-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Pats complets comeback (http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=04c2d0d5-bf23-4d98-a75e-095b00af7149)

Pats complete comeback

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
Published: Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Chilliwack Bruins are pretty good at netting an early lead but -- fortunately for the Regina Pats -- not so adept at holding one.

Regina was rescued from a disastrous start on Friday by Jordan Eberle's five point night -- three goals and two assists -- as the home team overcame a 3-0 deficit to win 5-4 before 5,747 fans at the Brandt Centre.

"What a show he put on tonight," offered Pats centre Tim Kraus, who scored two goals, including the game-winner with 2:41 left on a setup from Eberle. "He's an unbelievable player and he was driven just to get that. After the first (goal) I asked him if that was his 40th and he said 'No, that's coming later tonight.' He didn't back down on his word."

Eberle's 40 goals rank him second in the league. It's the first time a member of the Pats has reached that plateau since Matt Hubbauer potted 48 in 2001-02.

"It's a big achievement but a lot of that goes to my linemates; I wouldn't have 40 without them," he said of Kraus and Michael MacAngus (their unit combined for five goals and six assists on Friday). "You just have those nights some nights where everything you shoot goes in or everything you pass. Our line was clicking and every time we were on the ice we were dangerous."

It didn't start out that way.

The Pats' worst fears were realized in the first period when their hard-luck penalty killing unit gave up three goals in a span of 2:50. Evan Pighin potted two of them and Oscar Moller added the other to chase goaltender Linden Rowat after just seven shots.

Eberle got one back before the opening period was out.

The second frame began inauspiciously when the Pats' handed their fate back to the penalty killers, but the unit responded by erasing a two-man advantage.

Kraus made Chilliwack pay just 14 seconds later when he buried a centering feed from Eberle to make it 3-2.

"I think we definitely lost our confidence when they scored three," added Eberle. "But as soon as we got into the second period and we killed off that 5-on-3 I think we got our confidence right back and things just seemed to click after that."

The Pats tied it up 2:28 into the third period on a great individual effort by Eberle, but the Bruins responded 4:13 later when defenceman Victor Bartley fell at his blueline, creating an odd-man rush that was finished off by Brandon Campos.

Regina tied it up again midway through the third period on another individual effort by Eberle, who picked up the puck out front and outwaited goalie Mark Friesen before burying it into the open net.

Friesen came back with a larcenous glove save on Logan Pyett with 7:15 left, but the Pats wouldn't be denied. With 2:41 left, Eberle fed Kraus in the slot for the game-winner.

It was deja vu all over again for the Bruins, who jumped out to a 3-0 lead on Wednesday in Brandon only to lose 6-3. Chilliwack has lost five straight games on its East Division road swing.

"We couldn't be more frustrated right now," said head coach Jim Hiller. "We're playing some pretty good hockey teams. We've been able to come out and manage leads but then it's our responsibly to play good sound hockey and protect that lead. I don't think we sat back, per se. Regina came (hard), we just couldn't hold them off."

Goaltender Jeff Bosch made just nine saves in relief for the Pats, who outshot Chilliwack 37-17.

Regina is slated to play Game 3 of a five-game homestand on Sunday (6 p.m.) against the Eastern Conference-leading Calgary Hitmen.

EXTRAS: Bruins LW Mark Santorelli was listed as a question mark before the game due to an undisclosed injury. He finished with two assists, tying him for the league lead with 93 points . . . Regina is 5-0 against the B.C. Division this season . . . Pats LW Ryan DePape was a healthy scratch for "performance" reasons, according to head coach Curtis Hunt . . . The Pats held a special pre-game ceremony which featured the raising of a banner adorned by the names of franchise builders Lorne Davis, Graham Tuer and Bob Turner. The Pats also unveiled new jerseys that commemorate their 90th anniversary.

SCOUTING REPORT

CALGARY (44-17-1-3)

at REGINA (39-21-4-2)

Sunday, 6 p.m., Brandt Centre

Radio: 620 CKRM

Key injuries: REGINA -- LW Josh Elder (knee, indefinite); CALGARY -- None to report.

Overview: Tonight's game is the fourth and final meeting between these division leaders. Regina won the first two, by scores of 3-2 and 2-1. Their last encounter was Feb. 19, a 7-1 blowout win by Calgary . . . The Hitmen are No. 1 in the Eastern Conference and ranked sixth in the CHL . . . Calgary has four players with 60-plus points: Ryan White (26-39--65), Kyle Bortis (34-29--63), Brock Nixon (25-38--63) and T.J. Galiardi (16-45--61) . . . Ex-Pats C Ian Duval has a career-high 21 goals and 44 points in 64 games . . . Hitmen captain Karl Alzner (7-26--33) was a teammate of Pats captain Logan Pyett with Canada's gold medal-winning world junior team. Alzner wore the 'C' while Pyett was an alternate . . . The Hitmen will be playing their third road game in three nights. They beat the Moose Jaw Warriors 6-5 in a shootout on Friday and are slated to meet the Brandon Wheat Kings tonight . . . Calgary leads Lethbridge by five points in the Central Division. Regina is four points ahead of Brandon in the East Division, six ahead of the Swift Current Broncos and seven up on Moose Jaw.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2008

CJSenterprise4
03-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Getting to Regina from Weyburn was not the easiest as a car slid out of control right of me and hit the ditch. Then i get to the Pats game and they slide and roll out of the gates. Down 3-0 but no worries as Eberle showed up to snipe some goals. The Pats dominated most of the game after being down 3-0. It was a good fast paced game, hard hitting and very fun to watch. Just have to wait till Sunday now.

patsdude114
03-01-2008, 01:10 PM
People around me at the game (mainly season ticket holders) were all complaining how poorly we were playing in the 1st period. But really in all honesty we didnt play that bad in the 1st at all the difference was the PP the Bruins were 3-3 and the Pats were 1-3. 5 on 5 we out worked them every shift except the opening shift, we came out hitting right form the start. I know its woulda shoulda coulda but Rowat shoulda had that 3rd goal it was a softy but oh well, the score would of looked more respectable at a 2-1 lead for the Bruins, but it wasnt.

The score didnt reflect how the Pats were playing, being down 3-1 on 3 PP goals wasnt really that bad considering how good the Bruins PP is. Yes out PK needs to get better but when you can ice 3 top end players (Santorelli, Moller & Holden) in the league including the leading point guy in Santorelli you should have a great PP.

All in all i dont think the Pats had that bad of a 1st period as fans sitting around me were saying.

I personally think with our work ethic the past 2 games we look really good, if we can keep that work ethic up night in and night out we can compete against these top teams. The last 2 games we have ran into very hot goaltending that kid on Kamloops played amazing and Friesen last night made some huge saves, especially on Mitchell (in the 2nd) and Pyett (in the 3rd) he held his ground good in the 2nd on a MacAngus chance off a faceoff also. On most nights 2 of those go in but forsure 1.

I had seen Friesen play before on shaw cable and once on a webcast and he didnt look that great like he did last night (friday) he was flashing his leather often. Now i dont know if we made Friesen look great by some of our poor goal scorers on this team of if he just had a great game.

Eberle's 3 goals were all very highly skilled goals nice shots and showed alot of patients on 2 of those goals. As i was saying during last nights game to a guy who sits beside me our 1st 2 goals were from shots in the high slot, Mitchell's chance was from alittle farther out but also rfom the center of the ice, the last little while our guys havent wanted to go to those areas to score, always keeping our chances to the outside, where you arnt going to score often against these goalies.

CONGRATS TO EBERLE ON 40 GOALS!!!!!!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I kind of figured thats why he got scratched. Lets hope Depape gets his head back in the game and starts playing like he did for those first couple games. We need what he supposedly brings to the table, as a 20+ goalscorer.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Patsdude, What section do you sit in? seems to me that everything that happens in your section is usually the same thing going on in mine.