PDA

View Full Version : Alumni List?

Pete76
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Is there a good source to see which x-chiefs players are playing professional hockey, including, but not limited to the NHL?

If not we could start a thread on it.

HomerSimpson
02-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm not aware of any list; the only thing I can recommend is hockeydb.com. You can search all of the old rosters from pretty much any team that has ever played hockey. Maybe we could compile something from there?

LinkGaetzFan
03-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I can rattle off a few names.

Brent Gilchrist (not sure if he's still playing)
Trevor Kidd (same as above)
Ray Whitney
Bryan McCabe
Valeri Bure
Jason LaBarbera
Jon Klemm

Retired list:
Link Gaetz
Mick Vukota
Troy Gamble
Travis Green

I'm sure there were more, but these guys played quite a bit in the big-time.

LinkGaetzFan
03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Wikipedia actually has some great stats, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokane_Chiefs#NHL_Alumni

Pete76
03-02-2008, 11:30 PM
thanks for that link (no pun) ... I spent some time over at hockeydb.com as well, man it is amazing how many players have gone thru the organization ... and as good as I remember some of them being, only a select few make it to the BIG BIG time ... I'm glad to see Sauer has done as well as he has ... probably the most recent guy with great success ... I wish things had worked out better for ty jones.

dondo
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
by Pete76 - I spent some time over at hockeydb.com as well, man it is amazing how many players have gone thru the organization ... and as good as I remember some of them being, only a select few make it to the BIG BIG time
I always find that to be crazy, how few really quality players in other leagues make it to the NHL. You have to the best in every tier you play and probably the top 1% of all players in the world to make it to the NHL.

Now players here and there manage to do what Lucic did whihc is get an opportunity to elevate their game and shine. the Giants signed Lucic as a free agent out of Junior B hockey. As result he gets Don Hay as a coach and grows by leaps and bounds and his hard work has him knocking on Boston's door.

now if you take that 1% and break it down even further the number of truly exceptional players is in the .001% percentile -- not the easiest way to make a living. Some players may or may not be over-paid, but they all are fantastic hockey players.

HomerSimpson
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
thanks for that link (no pun) ... I spent some time over at hockeydb.com as well, man it is amazing how many players have gone thru the organization ... and as good as I remember some of them being, only a select few make it to the BIG BIG time ... I'm glad to see Sauer has done as well as he has ... probably the most recent guy with great success ... I wish things had worked out better for ty jones.

You can run into Ty Jones at drop-ins just about every week. If you want his autograph, I'm sure he'd be willing to sign it. :skeptical