PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs. Lethbridge

dagley
02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
BRANDON GAME NOTES: The WHEAT KINGS begin the final leg of their current 6-game Western Hockey League home stand Friday night when they play host to the LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES…The league leading CALGARY HITMEN will be here on Saturday night…BRANDON has won three of the first 4 games of this home stand including Wednesday’s come from behind 6-3 win over CHILLIWACK…The win moved BRANDON back into a second place tie with SWIFT CURRENT in the Eastern Division with a record of 37-22-2-2, good for 78 points – four points back of the front running REGINA PATS – with two games in hand…As for the Conference, BRANDON is tied for 6th place, three points behind MEDICINE HAT with one game in hand…WHEAT KINGS have managed to collect at least a point in seven of its last 8 home games (6-1-1-0)…Overall, BRANDON is 21-9-1-0 at home and 16-13-1-2 on the road…In games against Central Division clubs this season, the WHEATS are 12-10-0-1 and in their last ten games, they’re 6-3-1-0…Entering the final game of the month, BRANDON is 7-4-2-0 in February…WHEAT KINGS will close out the regular season with a home and home weekend series with REGINA (March 14th / 15th).

VS. LETHBRIDGE: This is the fifth and final meeting of the season between these two teams…BRANDON is 1-3-0 vs. LETHBRIDGE this season and have lost three in a row to the HURRICANES…Only win was a 5-2 decision on October 6th…TYLER DITTMER (4-2-6) and ANDREW CLARK (1-5-6) lead BRANDON in scoring while JOE CALIGIURI has appeared in three of the four games, compiling a 3.36 goals against average and an .877 save percentage.

LAST GAME: After falling behind 3-0 in the first period Wednesday, the WHEAT KINGS roared back with six unanswered goals – three in the second to tie it and three in the third to beat the CHILLIWACK BRUINS 6-3…16-year old SCOTT GLENNIE scored once and set up three others for the winners while his line of BRAYDEN SCHENN and MATT CALVERT combined for three goals and 9 points…JAY FEHR, DARYL BOYLE and COLBY ROBAK also scored for the WHEAT KINGS, who outshot the BRUINS 41-30 and capitalized on 3-10 powerplay chances.

MILESTONES: Captain DARYL BOYLE, who recently played his 250th career game has moved to within 2 assists of the century mark…Defenceman THERAN YEO, who had missed 12 games, returned to the lineup Wednesday and played in his 200th career game…CALE JEFFERIES will be playing in his 100th career game Friday…COLBY ROBAK played his 100th last Saturday…BRANDON’S netminding tandem of JOE CALIGIURI and ANDREW HAYES have 3 shutouts each this season, good for a 9th place tie with ROBERT McVICAR for 9th place on the club’s all time list.

BABY BLUE LINE SETTING TORRID PACE: The rookie line of BRAYDEN SCHENN (26-36-62), MATT CALVERT (21-32-53) and SCOTT GLENNIE (18-31-49) have combined for 15 points in BRANDON’S last three games…All three are riding 3-game point scoring streaks with GLENNIE leading the way (1-5-6) during that stretch…SCHENN, who leads the club in scoring, had a goal and an assist on Wednesday night to move into the WHL scoring lead among first year players…CALVERT is 4th while GLENNIE is fifth…SCHENN is also trying to become the first BRANDON rookie to lead the team in scoring since former EDMONTON OILER RON CHIPPERFIELD in 1970-71 (40-43-83)…SCHENN is also second among WHL rookies in goals, assists and third in GWG this season.

BRANDON BITS: CHAD ERB (wrist), TYLER DITTMER (broken finger) and DANIEL BARTEK (knee) are currently on the sidelines…BRANDON is 4-2-2 in OT and 12-11-1-2 in games decided by one goal…With five home games remaining, the WHEAT KINGS are currently averaging just over 4,000 fans per game…Wednesday marked the second time this season that BRANDON rebounded from an early 3-0 deficit with 6 unsanswered goals (WHEATIES defeated MOOSE JAW 6-3 on Nov. 3rd)

sbtatter
02-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Who would have predicted a shutout? What a complete effort from Brandon, probably the hardest working I've seen them for a long time. The kid line was dominant, the Clark line good, Green, Cowan and Jeffries very physical and Hale and King played hard when they were on the ice. An example is how Hale took a hit to chip the puck out to set up Glennie and Schenn's 2 on 1 for Schenn's tap in.
I thought it was a playoff type game, the penalty kill was unbelievable all night. WK's also took the body all night, and the defence played up to their size. Love how Clark and Calvert stood up for Fehr and Glennie even though they're not fighters. I wonder if Boychuk is hurt because he sure didn't wheel like he has in the past, and he was a minus 3 on the night. One of Joe C's best games of the season. The kid line have their speed and passing back again, when they play like they really are unstoppable.
King from Lethbridge is huge, and a decent skater. I was hoping Yeo would pound Wuchteral b/c he was playing cheap all night. Good game to watch, you can see why lethbridge are rated so high, huge win.
Now let's see if we can finally beat the Hitmen. You just know that White will score in the first period (he always does when he's back in his hometown!!)

dagley
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Anyone else think Fadden looks like an Ompa Lompa?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-01-2008, 01:26 PM
That was the worst beating we have had in a long long time. Can't remember when we were beat by 4 goals this year and I think that was the first time. When we lose it is usually by 1 or 2, but not 4. Hope to h*ll you do the same to the Hitmen tonight. applause

LHF
03-01-2008, 01:45 PM

You really need to grow up!!! Geeze... :clown:

Canes certainly didn't play like they can last night. Heard they played well 5 on 5, but struggled big time on the PP. Oh well, hopefully they will have learned something from losing 4-0, and play better tonight. Oh, and good luck to the Wheaties tonight against the Hitmen. Play like you did against us, and you will probably beat them. :thumb:

localguy
03-01-2008, 04:00 PM

You don;t think he's as pretty as your man crush Schenn? Not much for checking out guys thanks, but when I am I'll call you. :confused:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
He doesnt really look like an Oompa Loompa. Id say more like one of the O'doyle kids off of Billy Madison.

But it might not be a bad thing, since O'DOYLE RULES!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-01-2008, 05:13 PM
you get the prize for the DUMBEST QUOTE I HAVE READ ON HERE YET. Boogaard'd

dagley
03-01-2008, 10:26 PM
You don;t think he's as pretty as your man crush Schenn? Not much for checking out guys thanks, but when I am I'll call you. :confused:

Yeah I cant help that I am absolutely in love with Mr.Schenn