PDA

View Full Version : Why dont they play Birch for once...

Trav
02-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't get it, they're playing one of the weakest teams and whose in net for them? PICKARD. They must not have much confidence in him if they go and start their starter against one of the weakest teams in the league. When is the last time Birch has started a game?

HAF
02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Its been a while. I think what they are doing is really showcasing Pickard for the draft this year. Birch really hasnt seen much playing time at all. Birch is a good goalie and more than ready to play at this level. Its kind of a shame IMO. Pickard broke the most wins in a season team record this year. I think they have been trying to help him pad that as well.

AMSRocker
03-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Its been a while. I think what they are doing is really showcasing Pickard for the draft this year. Birch really hasnt seen much playing time at all. Birch is a good goalie and more than ready to play at this level. Its kind of a shame IMO. Pickard broke the most wins in a season team record this year. I think they have been trying to help him pad that as well.

I think it's all about getting that first seed and banner! Nothing on Birch at all. He is just caught in a VERY tight race!

dondo
03-01-2008, 02:35 AM
It's crazy because at the preseason tourney in Everett I thought Birch was the better goalie. Kyle impressed me a lot in his outings. Ah well Chet is the man and doing extremely well, so you can't argue with that, but it doesn't make sense to over-work him to the point of either injury or fatigue. Let Kyle get his few starts.

On our side of things Kraymer Barnstable (our back-up) is finally getting in some games against the weaker teams to give him some playing time and although personally I don't think he's WHL level (some okay outings, but suspect in a lot of ways) getting him the starts only helps him develop.

Ams4life
03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
We haven't won a banner in 21 years of hockey here in Tri so I am guessing that we are doing all that we can to put one up! I really don't think that they want to lose out on the chance to win the US division because Birch had an off night. He really needs to develop and I know that but his time will come. Its too bad we couldn't send him down a level and let him develp there.

Ams2Fan
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
On our side of things Kraymer Barnstable (our back-up) is finally getting in some games against the weaker teams to give him some playing time and although personally I don't think he's WHL level (some okay outings, but suspect in a lot of ways) getting him the starts only helps him develop.

We saw Barnstable a little bit here and I agree with what you said. Hopefully he'll come into his own with a little more playing time, but if not I don't see him lasting in this league for long.