PDA

View Full Version : Predictions/projections for your team now the deadline has passed

Rebel66
01-17-2005, 12:01 PM
This is something I posted on the white board. Interested in this boards' posters opinions and predictions:

Deadline over: Predictions/projections for your team now?

-Where will they finish in their division?
-Who will they face in the first round of the playoffs?
-How far will they go in the playoffs?
-Who will be your top scorer? (Regular season) (Total points. Can include points for another team)
-Top scorer? (Playoffs)
-How does next season look for your team?

Fight Guy
01-17-2005, 12:25 PM
The only made one impact trade, that being Ward for Waschuk and they also got Issaac Smeltzer for Stockwell. The Pats will likely stay in 4th, or with improvement, possibly from injured players, could push for 3rd, but that would mean alot of hard work from the team. I think they will saty 4th and face S'toon in the first round. Going by how the Pats have played against the Blades this season so far, I can see the Pats making it a series...maybe even pulling out a first round upset...but that is going by the current play. Playoffs will likely be more intense games.

As it stands, Hill is the leading scorer on the current leading scorer. The return of Bubnick should add some much needed offense. If he comes back and picks up where he left off, he could possibly over take Hill in scoring, thats IF he is able to do well again right off the start. The playoffs will probably see Bubnick, Hill and Rypien with most of the points, as long as they step up like they have lately.

As for next season...The Pats will still be decently young, but will have some very good 17 year olds in this years 16's, and will likely see a couple more talented 16's like Jason McDonald. Reekie has been playing a lot better lately and may have the spot next season, assuming Ward probably won't be back being 20. I can see the Pats being an improved team next year and finishing in 3rd, challengin for 2nd in the division.

Pirate005
01-17-2005, 01:25 PM
The Blades will either finish 1st or 2nd this year and likely 2nd the way things are going. With that finish, they will likely play the Raiders in teh first round winning it in 6 or 7 games and bowing out in the 2nd rd. Nice improvement for a 7 win team from last season I must say. If they finish first and play the Pats, they will win in 5 games.

Right now Keller is the leading scorer but Barnes, Rabbit, Setoguchi and Green have all over 44 points which is very good and very deep which should help come playoff time and having home ice advantage. The Blades are on track to have several 30 goal men this year which is nice to see! In saying all this the Blades true season to dominate is next year with all key players returning expect for Ryan Keller but Bahensky, Svensson and McCrae will be ready to step and Barnes, Rabbit, Setoguchi, Bader will be set and primed to dominate even more next year along with Green who will return due to NHL lockout.

D.A.
01-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Not my team, but I predict Regina to drop to 5th.

Now for the Rebels:

3rd. Not sure who will drop to 4th, though.

Lethbridge. I predict they will hit a rough patch and drop to 2nd place.

2nd round. I'd say further but we're in a pretty tough division...

-Who will be your top scorer? (Regular season) (Total points. Can include points for another team)
Morris. On fire.

-Top scorer? (Playoffs)
Morris.

We lose overagers Festa, Neiszner and Morris; (probably) to pros: Fraser, Wick and Phaneuf; and (probably) Moore and Henitiuk as extra 20s. That leaves us with Kuukka, Johnson and Rome as overagers next year. Goaltending looks as good or better than this year, I think. Even without Phaneuf, the defence will be strong and overall may be improved over this year. Losing 4 top forward will hurt, though, and the Rebels may be weaker up front than this year. Overall, I'm guessing we'll be around the same place next year.

a7x
01-17-2005, 02:02 PM
For the Winterhawks.

I think they'll stay where they are, 3rd in the US, and play Everett in the first round.

Now, Everett is already a very defensive team, I can only imagine how they would be in the playoffs. But, Everett is not as good as they were last season, so I think the Hawks could actually have a chance of winning this series. It will probably go at least 6 games, look for a LOT of 2-1 and 1-0 scores.

Leading scorer in the regular season will be Dan Da Silva, unless Brandon Dubinsky can keep his hot streak going. Cody McLeod could also make a push, as he is on an incredible streak right now, but I think that will falter, and the Hawks scoring leader will be either Da Silva or Dubinsky.

As for next season, the Hawks will have pretty much most of the team back. We will lose McLeod, May, and Grenier. McLeod will be the biggest loss out of those 3 as he brings his A game every night. We had an extremely young defence this year, but they still played well on most nights, and they are all VERY promising defensemen. Michael Sauer, who had an INCREDIBLE rookie season before re-injuring his hip and having season ending surgery, will return next season as the #1 or #2 defenseman on the team. Besides McLeod, the Hawks will have all of their big time point producers returning. Brandon Dubinsky will be 19, Dan Da Silva will be 20, and I believe Brian Woolger will also be 20. Goaltending next year should be pretty solid. Dustin Butler JUST turned 17 at the end of December, and he has played very well for being so young. Of course he has had his off nights, but that is to be expected from an inexperienced young goaltender. As for a backup, Kurtis Mucha played in 2 games on the Hawks recent Eastern swing. From what I hear, he played VERY VERY well for being only 15 years old.

Next season, I will be very dissapointed if the Hawks finish lower than 2nd place.

Tiger Trauma
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
-Tigers will finnish 1st in central....2nd overall in whl
They realize nows the time to play hard every game...they got mcarthur back from the junoirs...picked up lukin...and when barker returns they will be that much better

-I'm guessing they'll play red deer In the first round...and the tigers will win in 5 or 6 games

-WHL finals where they will lose to Seatle Still cant beat those Us div. teams

- Top scoreer in regular season...Clarke mcarthur
-Top scorer in playoffs.......Meyer

-Next season

I think we will still have a good team and finish 1st or second..it depends on which guys we will lose and if the NHL starts back up

ofhdhdy
01-17-2005, 02:24 PM
This is something I posted on the white board. Interested in this boards' posters opinions and predictions:

-Top scorer? (Playoffs)

If the Blades can win both of their games against Brandon this week then they'll most likely make first and thats what Im going with. They will probably face Regina in the first round and beat them in five or six games. They will then probably play Brandon in the second round and im going to say they defeat Brandon in six games. They will then get knocked out in the third round. Are top scorer will most likely be Keller and I think he is going to get around 70-80 points. In the play-offs I predict are leading scorer will be Rabbit and He will have around 15-20 points. Next season looks bad for the Blades with the departure of Keller and Cyr. We will not have a capable goalie and will most likely drop down to 4th place in the league. Also if the CBA gets signed Green could possibly make the Capitals and if he does then we will surely make last place.

ScottyWazz
01-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Right now, with the Hitmen being in a difficult division, I think they'd be content with 3rd place right now. They just need to make sure they don't slip into a habit of being content with that position.

More than likely Medicine Hat

As far as they want. The thing with the Hitmen is they're a team that is very inconsistant with their play. One weekend, they can dominate the entire weekend and look like the best team in the Dub. The next weekend, they can get blown out of the water by teams they should beat.

Barring injury and a late surge by Konstantin Pushkarev; Ryan Getzlaf has carried the team in points and will more than likely take it.

-Top scorer? (Playoffs)
Getzlaf again, but he'll get tested from Andy Ladd, Pushkarev, and possibly someone like Riley Merkley or some other dark horse.

Depending on what happen with Justin Pogge next season; the Hitmen look rather strong. They have a good young core of 16 and 17 year olds who can carry the load if need be. The one question mark I could have is goaltending. While Daniel Spence could be a sound goalie, he hasn't been given much chance to show what he can do. If Pogge goes to the E next season, then Spence will probably be the man, or Kisio will trade for a tested goalie.

RDRebelsfan
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM

3rd
Medicine Hat
3rd Round
Roman Wick
-Top scorer? (Playoffs)
Colin Fraser or Ty Morris
Promising

This is what I assume.

mccabe23
01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Where will they finish in their division? 1st without a doubt

Who will they face in the first round of the playoffs? Hopefully P.G.

How far will they go in the playoffs? Got to say, all he way to the Memorial Cup again. I really can't see the Rockets dropping 4 games to another team.

Who will be your top scorer? (Regular season) Justin Keller

Top scorer? (Playoffs) Shea Weber

How does next season look for your team? Another strong year. Kelowna seems to stay young and have great work ethic. I see them amongst the top again next year as they won't lose many guys.

IceMan
01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
The Everett Silvertips

That's pretty clear. Seattle's running away right now. We finish a strong second.

The way it's shaping up, it looks like Spokane. Could be Spoke or Tri, but Tri is really headed in the wrong direction.

Depends on how things shake out. We're a team that struggles against bad teams but really steps up to the better ones. I have a feeling that we're going to barely win the first round (it'll go 7 games), and will be the lowest seed remaining, so we will catch Seattle in Rd 2. If that's the case, we take them out in 5 games, and then lose in the next round. If we don't catch Seattle, I think we stand a good chance of going down in Round 2. This team really fires up against Seattle, and despite their strength, we really match up well against them.

Alex Leavitt. He's starting to get comfortable in the system, and has been very, very prominent on the scoresheet of late. That's why we traded for him ... after an adjustment period, we're starting to get some good production out of him.

-Top scorer? (Playoffs)

Believe it or not, I think it's going to be one of our defensemen, Shaun Heshka. Scoring and chances both go down in the playoffs, and you see a lot more shots from the point going in or getting deflected in than you do the pretty passing plays. I figure that our blueliners will factor in a lot.

Very, very good. We have what, 9 16 year olds all playing a big role this year, and we're in contention, and of those teams that nobody (except maybe Vancouver) wants to see in the playoffs. I think that next year, we'll have 95% of this team back (except our 20's of course ... and possibly Mike Wall), so I'd label us as a favorite to take the Western Conference, and be in the Finals.