PDA

View Full Version : Milan Lucic's Blog: Lovin' life in Beantown

nivek_wahs
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/13991-Milan-Lucics-Blog-Lovin-life-in-Beantown.html

Milan Lucic's Blog: Lovin' life in Beantown

Milan Lucic
2008-03-03 14:51:58

The city of Boston is awesome.

From the places to see to the people here, there’s always a lot going on and always a new restaurant to check out.

It’s no secret Boston is a crazy sports town and when you talk to the fans it’s pretty obvious how much they care about the Bruins and all of the other pro teams here.

We’ve had a couple of different events the last few weeks where I’ve had the chance to talk to some of the fans. It’s great hearing how hard they root for us and how much they want to see us be successful. I know I speak on behalf of the entire team when I say their support is truly appreciated. I personally have received a lot of nice feedback, so that has been a plus, as well.

My place is just outside the city in Charlestown – or ‘Chucktown’ as it is called here. I live close to three of my teammates; Marc Savard, Jeremy Reich and Mark Stuart. Because of our close proximity, we always carpool to practice in the morning (our practice rink is about 25 minutes north of Boston).

Every morning we’ll discuss what’s going on around the league, who won games the night before and what our schedule looks like coming up.

I look forward to these drives in the morning because it really is a great combination of guys and we usually have a lot of laughs. Savard is the veteran of the group and he always has something to say. He isn’t afraid to make his opinions known on just about any subject.

The other thing about Savvy is he’s always early! He either shows up early or wants to leave early. That has taken a little while to get used to.

Reicher is probably the funniest of the group, the class clown (in a good way). He is from Saskatchewan, so sometimes it sounds like he is speaking a different language. That has taken a little while to get used to, as well.

Stuart is a mix of Savard and Reich. He’s a real good guy, not afraid to make a comment here or there, and likes to laugh it up.

I think hanging out with your teammates is one of the most fun parts of hockey. We have a great group of guys in the locker room, but spending time with the ‘Chucktown Crew’ has been especially fun.

A few fans have written in and asked for another mailbag. I’m all for it. Start sending your questions to editorial@thehockeynews.com and I’ll answer them over the next few weeks.

Talk to you soon,
Milan

A native of Vancouver, Milan Lucic is a rookie with the Boston Bruins. His blog will appear on THN.com throughout the NHL season.